Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on January 15, 2010, 02:18:59 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on January 15, 2010, 01:34:20 PM
That 3G pitch is meant to be some job...  Anyone get a look at it yet?

Was down at it the other nite,fantastic job with the lights.There was still no full size goals up,they must have went up on Wednesday.Lets hope its not hogged by County teams. An excellent facility that all clubs should get use of.

Apparently that's the plan, word coming from the Youth Board AGM last week was that if a home pitch wasn't playable and the away pitch too then the match will be played that Saturday/Sunday on the 3G at a time fixed by Co. Board....  Seems the way foward...

I know the upcoming Christy Shields tournament (Under 16 Seven a side) will be played on it too
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

U21's won by about 20 points today.anyone fit to name the rest of the team?
1.?
2.?
3.butsy?
4.daragh tighe
5.oisin mina
6.james mcenroe
7.josh hayes
8.gearoid mckiernan
9.rory dunne
10.?
11.declan mehan
12.niall smith
13.shane tierney
14.niall mcdermot
15.bud fitz
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

I think O'Meara was in goals til half time. Don't know 2 but 3 is a lad from Ballinagh and 10 was Maloney-Derham. Very easy win and the second half was a stroll. Where was Dunne & Graham?

Dougal

thought i heard 3 being called butsy,ye,hes from ballinagh.dont know why they werent playing.hopefully tonight will be just as easy  :).whats the story with the roscommon match tomorrow?

Celt_Man

Shane Grey from Kingscourt was Number 2 and I think yer man's name is Paddy Carroll from Ballinagh.  Cavan were good but Letrim are absolutely terrible

Celt_Man

Donegal won by 2 point this evening... 11 to 9...  Yer man Nesty Smith must have scored 5 or 6 points from free with Cahill and McGuigan getting a point each from play. 

Mark rule looks stupid and as for the no handpass rule - don't get me started....

Fintan Reilly
Hannon   Mossy Corr   Eoin McPhillips
Cahill       McCutcheon  Dane O'Dowd
                 Walsh
                Eoin McGuigan
McKeever    Smith           Alan Clarke
Conor Smith  John McCabe     Eddie Reilly

Subs:
Niall Madden for  C. Smith
Donal Thomas for McCabe

put-it-up

Conor Martin from Lavey played the full game for the u21's this morning in goal. They bet Leitrim well in the Hastings Cup but the opposition were poor.

Was in the park this evening, and agree about the change to the handpass rule. It's just stupid. As is the one effecting the square ball. Both rules are just making life harder for ref's.

Thought our FF line was very poor in general. Nesty was impressive and while he wasn't in prime condition I genuinely think we have found a player there. 

Walsh is just not a midfielder and to be honest I would have liked to have seen him put in FF when we were struggling to get quality ball in. Really disappointed not have got a look at Ted Smith. Cahill and McKeever also done rightly. Both will be key players when the serious stuff comes around.

BallyhaiseMan

Wasnt at the game,cant be arsed with ithe whole thing until the important stuff starts in Kiltoom in February.
Seriously small midfield there.  :o
I like Eoin McGuigan as a footballer, and i think hes there on merit,but Midfield at IC level? Hes just isnt big enough.
Ted at Full back and Thomas Corr at midfield with Eoin McGuigan coming into the half forwards would have left it a much stronger team.
For any of you true supporters who were at the game,tell us summer fans ,how did
the new lads
Thomas Corr,McPhilips, O Dowd,Eoin McGuigan,Alan Clarke and the two newcomers  in the inside forward line figure?

Lawrence of Knockbride

I don't like being critical this early in the year with regards to players performaces as they're obviously not near peak condition but let's just say that the two substitutions were warranted.
Same old Cavan playing a player out of position at FB and when Murphy came on he did a good bit of damage af FF. Nesty looks quality and his distribution is excellent. Interesting to see how a fit Lyng and Nesty would fit into the same team. An embaressment of riches ;)
I thought McPhilips had a bit of a nightmare in the respect that he competed well but a few times he tried to pick up the ball and fumbled it to the opposition.
But most did ok and good to see Cahill is carrying his club aggression on to the county scene.
There was only about 2 marks the whole game and it didn't slow it down at all. I know it's only one game but I reiterate that I think the mark will be a good addition to the rules. The others seem kind of pointless to me and the hand pass was pulled up a lot last night.
If anyone's going to breffni for u-21 game can they post the score later please?

Dougal

if anyone can give me a time,a might take a nosey.

put-it-up

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 17, 2010, 07:00:10 AM
Wasnt at the game,cant be arsed with ithe whole thing until the important stuff starts in Kiltoom in February.
Seriously small midfield there.  :o
I like Eoin McGuigan as a footballer, and i think hes there on merit,but Midfield at IC level? Hes just isnt big enough.
Ted at Full back and Thomas Corr at midfield with Eoin McGuigan coming into the half forwards would have left it a much stronger team.
For any of you true supporters who were at the game,tell us summer fans ,how did
the new lads
Thomas Corr,McPhilips, O Dowd,Eoin McGuigan,Alan Clarke and the two newcomers  in the inside forward line figure?

Corr: Didn't look totally comfortable in there but tried hard and didn't pull out of anything. Really want to see Ted in there
McPhillips: Again tried hard, but made a few handling errors and basic mistakes. Is worth another shot though. Is a defender that wants to defend.
O'Dowd: Wasn't great, Wasn't bad. Did the simple things well but didn't over to much goin forward.
McGuigan: Got involved more than Walsh and is a big strong athlete. I'd say he will stick around the panel.
Clarke: Start wing-forward which is in no way his best position. Saying that, came into it a lot more in the second half and got on the ball. However, not a man that is going to kick you a few points. Would like to see him tried at CB to be honest.
McCabe: Atrocious. Very little movement and never really got near the balll. I think it is a joke how lads can still play off their reputation as a minor.
Smith: Got on the ball and won a few frees. Looks to be slowly gettin back into condition
Eddie: We  all love him, but how many times do we have to try him to realise he is not good enough...

mylestheslasher

Wasn't able to make the match, just wondering...

a) Does Smith take his frees from the hand or off the ground and whats his range?
b) Why was Eoin Smith not playing, was he there or injured
c) Where was Raymond Galligan, potential to be a target man at FF and I believe he played well in challenge against Westmeath.

beer baron

a. He hit from the ground,i'd say 45-50 yards in good weather.
b. don't think there's a reason for eoin smith not playing,arr might not fancy him?is he that good?heard a lot but haven't seen him play myself.
c. No clue on ray galligan to be honest.

BallyhaiseMan

Raymond Galligan wasnt playing for Athlone IT in O Byrne Cup was he?
Or has he finished college???
Hes a good option,as hes big,a good fielder and is very accurate from dead balls and play,
He just lacks mobility.
BB
Apart from maybe a fully fit Darren Rabbite(which we are just not going to have on the county team anyway),Eoin Smith from what ive seen, is  the best option at full back in the county.

I heard from a clubmate Neil Gallagher had the running of midfield for Donegal,That a bit damning  for Walsh if he cant compete with a big man,who wont do much other than field ball at IC level,although he does do that very well.

Drung

BallyhaiseMan,

Have you ever seen Eoin McGuigan before? He's about 6 foot 2, I'd say about 15 stone. That's big.

Anything else emerge from saturday's match? I hear Nesty was good. Any of the Under 21s look like making the step up???

Back to hibernation for me.