Author Topic: Official Cavan GAA Thread  (Read 2064667 times)

cavan4ever

• View Profile
Re: Official Cavan GAA Thread
« Reply #3390 on: November 03, 2008, 02:14:33 PM »
Congrats to the Gaels a great upset for them and one that was long overdue. Hopefully they can keep their feet on the ground now and take Ballinderry.

Were Drung playing yesterday? I know Redhills are waiting on another round to be finished.

Drung got beat by 5 or 6 points yesterday.  Watters was brillant for first 10 minutes and was then double marked and both he and Drung went out of the game.  Got destroyed at midfield Galligan was very poor, he is not a county player.

Well done to the Gaels that was a big win for them yesterday and as much as i don't like them it will do no harm to football in the county to see them making progess in Ulster.

Maximus Marillius

• My name is Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: November 03, 2008, 02:17:51 PM »
Myles...he was on a yellow and the tackle he hit for his second yelow(which IMo was a straight red) beggars belief considering it was tsill the 1st half. Lads i bet on games..and suzzing the attitude out of another team is what i always i try to do, if it can be done. The St galls lad i talked too had his head where the sun dont shine..crossmaglen was all that he talked about. What do you want me to do come on the board and tell all youse gaels lads who were at the match ;) The gaels had a bucket full of guts yesterday.

BTW lads my nose has made me  few pounds over the years. Made my money on the Ballinderry game yesterday. i know they had a few problems before the game ...a midfielder with food poisioning etc and devlin not playing but i just coldn't see latton doing them. B'drry have an extremely strong panel. Another easy money spinner is cross' game next wk. But it will take about a grand to make any money.

boojangles

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: November 03, 2008, 08:03:40 PM »
Congrats to the Gaels yesterday,a great win for Cavan football.While I didnt predict a result I had a feeling that there was a big game in them and sooner or later these lads had to grow up in Ulster and show what we know most of them are capable of.Ballinderry will be another kettle of fish altogether though.Cavan teams dont have a great record against Derry teams but Im sure they will give it a good shot.The venue could play a big part.
You would have to admire Mick O Dowd in the way he sent out 3 Minors instead of some household names like Karl Crotty who has played Inter-County football at all levels.Some people on this thread said in the last few weeks that the reason that the Gaels would never do anything in Ulster was for reasons such as this,but it worked yesterday.Supposedly Niall Murray was outstanding.
Max is right about Micky Lyng,his work-rate is top class,brilliant man at dispossesing.For a man blessed with such natural ability,his work rate shows that he is not afraid to get stuck in.Cavan football needs Micky Lyng back to his best and its great to hear that he is coming back to himself.
Was at the Regional game in Drumalee yesterday.Annalee gaels(Drumalee,Denn,Ballyhaise,Killygarry and Lavey) played a mixture of about 9 clubs.the game was played at a very high tempo with some great scores from both sides.The Final score was Annalee Gaels 2-13 Sillan Gaels 1-11
Tommy Carr and Peter Reilly were both in attendance.Il try my best at the teams
Annalee Gaels
1.Paddy Galligan Kgarry
2.Darren Smith Lavey
3.Eoin Smith Kgarry
4.Eoin McPhillips Denn
5.Pauric Cahill Kgarry
6.Sean McCormack Bhaise
7.Gary Ferncombe Dlee
8.Donal Thomas Kgarry
9.Enda McCormack Dlee
10.Martin Reilly Kgarry
11.Colm Reilly Bhaise
12.Timmy Looney Dlee
13.Kevin Brady Lavey
14.Daragh Gaffney Dlee
15 Colin Kiernan Denn
Subs:Kevin Donohoe Dlee
        Brendan Murray Kgarry
Sillan Gaels(sorry not as familiar but Il give it a shot)
1.Cootehill goalkeeper
2.Martin lynch CuCus
3.Sean Mcgee Shercock
4.Colm Smith Kingscourt
5.Paddy Smith Kilinkere
6.???
7.????
8.John McCutcheon Cootehill
9.Kingscourt player???
10.Alan Clarke Kcourt
11.Sean Brady Castlerahan
12.Baileboro player Paddy???
13.John Tierney Knockbride
14.PaulMccarney Cootehill
15.Daragh???? Laragh

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #3393 on: November 03, 2008, 09:48:16 PM »
Well done CG.  Surprised at the result but I suppose I shouldn't believe the hype.  Well done and where will the next round be played?  Will it be a neutral venue?

Would CG have challenge games before the next round?  If they wanted one, would it be a good idea to play against a county team picked by Tommy Carr et al?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

• View Profile
    • Cootehill Celtic Website
« Reply #3394 on: November 03, 2008, 10:26:53 PM »
Wasn't at it but I'd have an idea of the Sillan Gaels team. Glen Nulty was in goals, josh Hayes centre half and I think Mickey Reilly from Shercock was playin too so he could have been mid field
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Rasmatazz:)

• View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: November 03, 2008, 11:33:57 PM »
Lets be honest people , the galls had a bad day, all the gaels boys wanted to do was fight,not for the ball but their opposite number.
They pull the jerseys off the galls boys backs, the no 14 . All he wanted to do was roll about the grass, at one stage i thought he was digging for gold, i tell yea he needs no shorts, that big baby needs a nappy :P, Lets be true, the match was played to the gaels strenghts, that is . Stop start, stop start, foul of the ball looking to get the other guy sent off , they def had the linesmen backing, Galls had lost their descipline during the 2nd half and only themselves to blame , def a bad day at the office for kicking points , but the shit happens , if gaels really want to win ulster they will have to prove that the st galls match was no fluke , me i don't think they will get past the derry boys , thay put a few boys on their backsides for sure  ;D
Good luck anyway the Rass 8)

CC1

• View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: November 03, 2008, 11:40:16 PM »
Sour grapes eh?? I'm not a Gaels man so I don't really care how they won the game. I'm sure all that matters at the end of the day is the result... Am I right?!  ;)
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

• View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: November 03, 2008, 11:52:01 PM »
But at the end off the day will that improve cavn geals chance off winning ulster, don't think so but what does show if they are best u got in cavan who are repersenting ur county then u must support that kind of football through out ur county , good luck in the future ButtHead ;D

cavan4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: November 04, 2008, 08:07:54 AM »
That would not be the Gaels normal style of play but they always got beat by teams playing that way against them and it looks like they have made there mind up that they are going to do whatever it takes to try and win Ulster.

CC1

• View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: November 04, 2008, 01:13:37 PM »
But at the end off the day will that improve cavn geals chance off winning ulster, don't think so but what does show if they are best u got in cavan who are repersenting ur county then u must support that kind of football through out ur county , good luck in the future ButtHead ;D
Butthead, nice... Shows your maturity mate.

Yes Cavan Gaels are the best we have in Cavan, and are representing our county. They are winning games in Ulster so thats all I really care about. It doesn't matter how you win as long as you win. I believe Tyrone and Armagh have proven that over the past few years. Then again, you're from Antrim, how would you know?  :P

boojangles

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: November 04, 2008, 06:29:46 PM »
Judging by a few reactions to the Gaels win,it seems St Galls really only thought they had to show up.Their cockiness suprises me really.I know they have contested an All-Ireland final but coming from one of the weaker counties,I dunno how they could have been so sure of themselves.Im glad to see the Gaels doing well,at last a Cavan man got to shut the smug Max up for a week or 2 anyway.As far Rassmataz,I dont think his opinion should even be heeded.
CC1 it was Glen Nulty in goals,he did well,made one great save in the 1st half.couldnt think of his name, and Joshua Hayes was playing too now ya mention it.Im not sure if it was Michael Reilly at midfield,this lad seemed to be wearing Kingscourt shorts.

CC1

• View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: November 04, 2008, 10:17:51 PM »
Michael Reilly was wearing blue and white shorts against Bailieboro on Saturday, maybe they're the same ones? If they are he's gonna get a slagging! As for Nulty in goal, he's a fairly handy keeper alright, he's stood in goal for the Celts due to Clegg being away and has been very solid from what I've seen. Does the simple things right which is what it's all about.

As for razzmatazz, I'm actually having a bit of craic with him. He doesn't come across as the smartest guy you'd meet!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 10:21:24 PM by CC1 »

• View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: November 04, 2008, 11:16:29 PM »
All a bit of craic cc1 aka (BUTTCHEEKS) ::)

Gold

• talk is cheap but it takes money to buy hot dogs..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: November 04, 2008, 11:20:43 PM »
Judging by a few reactions to the Gaels win,it seems St Galls really only thought they had to show up.Their cockiness suprises me really.I know they have contested an All-Ireland final but coming from one of the weaker counties,I dunno how they could have been so sure of themselves.Im glad to see the Gaels doing well,at last a Cavan man got to shut the smug Max up for a week or 2 anyway.As far Rassmataz,I dont think his opinion should even be heeded.
CC1 it was Glen Nulty in goals,he did well,made one great save in the 1st half.couldnt think of his name, and Joshua Hayes was playing too now ya mention it.Im not sure if it was Michael Reilly at midfield,this lad seemed to be wearing Kingscourt shorts.

because they have won 7 antrim's in last 8 years, won Ulster, played in 3 Ulster finals, and won Kilmacud and Castlewellen 7's twice in last 3 years
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 11:42:21 PM by Gold »
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Celt_Man

• View Profile
    • Cootehill Celtic Website
« Reply #3404 on: November 04, 2008, 11:38:28 PM »
As for Nulty in goal, he's a fairly handy keeper alright, he's stood in goal for the Celts due to Clegg being away and has been very solid from what I've seen. Does the simple things right which is what it's all about.

Actually Nulty was always a goal keeper, he always played there for the seniors - he just played out the field when Clegg was in goals... Clegg didn't play this year and Glen was always going back into goals anyway.  In fairness he should have gotten a look in with the county a couple of years ago and I know he impressed several current county players at one trial a few years ago.  He is as good a keeper I've played with and I've played with a brave few inter county keepers.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010