Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Its hard to know about Midfield and full back line.IMO Hannon has to pick up Stevie from Killeavy but the Question is who will pick up Ronan Clarke.Rabbitte would b my 1st choice but he can hardly b near Championship pace.Dermot Sheridan mite do a job but I think he's far too easily turned,and at full-back that would spell Disaster.Podge I dont think would hav the physical power.I think we will b in serious trouble in this area and thats not even thinking about Oisin.
From looking at the Armagh thread it seems that they are worried about Midfield themselves.But if PaulMc Grane is in good shape we could b in trouble.
I doubt if Keoghan will make that many changes but we need alot more power against Armagh.If Paul the Gunner is fit I would b starting with him.
I think Id try the following:

Miller
Hannon
Podge??
Fannin
Crowe
Forde
Cahill
McKeever
McDonald
Reilly
Flanagan
Pierson
Jelly
McCabe
Paul the Gunner

Paul the Gunner is excellent in the air,is brave and comfortable on the ball and would work well as a 3rd midfielder.Mackey is unlucky but could b used as a sub.I thought Forde did well against Antrim and I think he would stick well on O Rourke.Crowe would bring a bit more power to the back-line.I gave a very tentative vote to Podge at Full-back,thats if Rabbite isnt fit to play.
I think it will b damage limitation with Armaghs Full-forward line and if Im honest I think if we come within 5 points against Armagh Id b happy enough.

BallyhaiseMan

dont think you could put Sheridan on Clarke Boojangles, Dermot is a good man marker but

thats a 6'2 man in on a 5'10 man, Podge would be the best bet (for his Aerial abilities) for Clarke if Rabbitte isnt fit.

Oisin is starting for Armagh on sunday against Dublin, so that could be yet another worry in the full back line if he starts hitting form.

we are playing Denn tommorow Night

Martin Cahill went off injured for them against Killygarry wednesday night,will let you know if hes playing tommorow or is a doubt for Amagh.

boojangles

Quote from: Mr. Pain on April 07, 2008, 03:43:21 PM
Townies beat Cuckoos
Wellie Throwers beat Harlem
Crowes beat the Halt
Gaels Wannabies beat Gaels Wannabies
Tog Dungers beat Yellow Bellied Nagh
Rorys beat Scrabby
Keoganville beat Skintown

No harm to ya Mr Pain but I think BH Man got caught up in the excitement of Cavans 1st Ulster Championship win in 3 years and he has since clarified his position.Ballyhaise Man is on 1 of the best contributors to this board and he shouldnt hav to listen to shit from some1 who occasionally drops in and when U do,U rarely hav anythin good to say. I doubt if Im alone in remembering the above post.You may think you're the smart boy hiding behind a message board giving little digs here and there,without even giving your own club-if you even belong to a club that is.I play for Drumalee,Ballyhaise Man knows my identity from my contributiuons to this board and he obviously knows his football.So the next time you want to call me a kn**ker why dont you come do it face to face.
RANT OVER

Mr. Pain

Ooh Mr. Pain thinks someone has got a little sand in their vagina!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

mylestheslasher

Have I missed something here, I don't see where Mr Pain called anyone a kn**ker. Lads, calm down a wee bit and lets not be falling out.

anglocelt39

Quote from: Mr. Pain on May 24, 2008, 11:58:07 AM
Ooh Mr. Pain thinks someone has got a little sand in their vagina!

Ah absolutely excellent comment there mate and thanks for adding to the sum total of discussion of Cavan football in the process. Now if somebody was to respond in kind, which they wouldn't anway, they would suggest something along the lines of fecking off back to your bebo page etc. As an information source this thread is excellent for us exiles, primarily due to Haise Man. Plays the game locally, is passionate about the county, ain't afraid to share his opinions. Clearly will get into a situation where those with plenty of time on their hands will be able to go back xxxxxxxxxxx months to find inconsistencies in his posting as a kind of social service (not) to the rest of us. Some other top class sources of news such as Homer and the returned Boojangles. Must give a special mention to CC1 since I reckon I know his aul fella by way of showing off my age. Most other posters fairly ok bar a few occasional clowns who stray into the realms of tosspotology, bug sure god help us the net is a free forum and an empty vessel makes plenty of noise.

Myles, and I'd have you among the good ones now, long and all as I'm out of the place I know where Boojangles is coming from and would support him 100%. Would like to see one or two of our heroic screen jockeys tog out against himself and the Haise man. Keep her lit lads
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

anglocelt39

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 24, 2008, 07:02:34 PM
Have I missed something here, I don't see where Mr Pain called anyone a kn**ker. Lads, calm down a wee bit and lets not be falling out.

Refer preceding post
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Celt_Man

Jaysus a man goes on the beer for a few celebrating the end of collegeand doesn't check the message board and when he comes back... it's all kickin off... settle down lads and say that kind of talk for northies and monaghan people ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Results from Saturday...

Div 1
Lavey 1-05 Gowna 2-09
K'Garry 0-13 Mullahoran 0-10
C'Lough 0-12 Belturbet 1-09
Lacken 0-13 Cuchullains 1-10
Drumalee 0-10 Ballinagh 0-17
C'Rahan 0-14 Gaels 1-13
Denn 2-09 B'Haise 1-13

Div 2

K'kere 3-16 K'Court 1-10
B'Machugh 0-09 Redhills 1-14
Shercock 0-10 Drung 2-07

Div 3

Cornafean 0-11 B'Bridge 2-05
Laragh 0-16 Arva 0-10
M'Connacht 1-14 Swad 1-15
T'Port 1-12 Shannon Gaels 1-10
Corlough 2-08 Kildallon 2-08
Kill 1-12 Maghera 1-06

boojangles

Well Im sorry if I insulted anybody(bar MrPain in the hole) but I dont take that shit.Mr.Pain referred to my club as the Halt a while back and while I let it lie to save this page turning into a slagging match for a while I felt it was time to get it off my chest.Some of it may have to do with my frustration with how Drumalee are doing this year and I know there are some lads who play with us who would b no saints but to b indirectly referred to as a kn**ker bugs me big time.
We all know the decent posters on the Cavan thread and some of us mite kno each others identities,but 1 thing we all know about each other is what Club we'r from.Its easy for a smart ass like Mr.Pain to ridicule other clubs without disclosing his own-(unless Im missing something)
Anyway Im glad Mr Pain showed himself up for what he is with a well thought out reply to my initial RANT.Good Man.

Hollow Man

I'm staying out of this but I thought Mr Pain's reply was witty to be fair.

Boojangles, I know lots of Drumalee lads (not sure if I know you) and most of them are absolutely dead on. However, a few dodgy fellas give your club a bad name. Wihtout any offence intended, I'm sure you know the individuals I'm talking about.

It's always the same, a few tramps give a team a bad name, but overall Drumalee fellas are usually sound. They tend to have a lot of your stereotypical "hardy" townies but most of these are gone after under 16 - maybe that's the reason for the unwarranted rep?

cavan4ever

K'kere 3-16 K'Court 1-10     :o

Mr. Pain

Mr. Pain retracts that comment about the Halt and he also retracts the slagging of anyone else in that comment left a good while ago. If Mr. Pain has done anything to insult anyone about their living arrangements then he apologises. That is to you too Boojangles. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

BallyhaiseMan

Kingscourt must be in disarray whats wrong with them?

Hear Ballinagh beat ye 17 to 10 Boojangles,

Are ye back to near full strength yet?

we beat Denn 1-13 to 2-09, scrappy enough game,Colm Reily hit a hug free to win it in injury time,Martin Cahill lined out at corner forward,didnt look injured,played well.

K'garry had a good win over Mullahoran, Everything isnt rosy for Pascal Canavan up there.

BallyhaiseMan

Division One Table

Team P W L D Pts
Cuchullains 8 5 1 2 12
Cavan Gaels 7 5 1 1 11
Lacken 8 5 2 1 11
Lavey 8 3 3 2 8
Killygarry 7 4 3 0 8
Gowna 8 4 4 0 8
Ballinagh 7 4 3 0 8
Mullahoran 8 3 4 1 7
Denn 8 3 4 1 7