Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

ye beat us in the semi final that year yas c**nts   , but we won the championship 

We hammered yas out in lacken as rite.Then we got disqualified for playing an overage player in nets in the 1st round of the Championship Vs Lacken.The lad we played was 3rd choice goalie and was at fault for 2 goals against Lacken,but we still bet them by 8 points.il never forgive Lacken for that.If the game had been tight then they might have had cause for objection.We couldnt have known he was overage,the stupid dummy(who has since transferred to the Gaels where he carries water) gave the wrong date of birth.That deprived me of winning a medal at every Age-Group with Drumalee. >:(

Mr. Pain

No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

LackenLegend

Timmmmy!

Hollow Man

Well, are you playing this weekend Double L?

LackenLegend

Lacken are playing a Junior match on Saturday at 2pm. Playing Killygarry in Lacken. I think Killygarry have a third team playing away to Templeport at 6pm that evening. Plus they have a stag that weekend. It will be interesting to see what happens. No senior game this weekend.

On another note:
QuoteOverage player in nets in the 1st round of the Championship Vs Lacken.The lad we played was 3rd choice goalie and was at fault for 2 goals against Lacken,but we still bet them by 8 points.il never forgive Lacken for that.If the game had been tight then they might have had cause for objection.We couldnt have known he was overage,the stupid dummy(who has since transferred to the Gaels where he carries water) gave the wrong date of birth.That deprived me of winning a medal at every Age-Group with Drumalee. >:(

Bullshit, Boojangles. I remember that match. Half the Lacken lads knew he was overage so how did Drumalee not? Ye aren't that stupid are ye? I don't care if he played shite or not. Drumalee then got ratty and pointed out that Lacken hadn't written the team sheet in Irish/signed it in Irish and both teams got thrown out. So if ya want to blame somebody blame your managers and club for their idiocy!
Timmmmy!

Hollow Man

mylestheslasher

Was talking to a lad there and he was telling me that Cavan only had 20 togged out against Westmeath. He reckons 10 players have left the panel in the last few weeks due to falling out with management. I know Lyng, Rabbitte and Donohoe have gone but not sure who the rest are. The guy has a relation on the panel so I have no reason to doubt his information. Anyone know who the rest are.

BallyhaiseMan

if thats true Myles its an even bigger joke of a situation than we thought, it will end up like Mattie Kerrigan, calling up 4 or 5 players a week or two before the championship just to make up the squad numbers.  ::)

cavan4sam

yea a few lads have left the panel in the last couple of weeks, Micheal Lyng, Rory Donoghue, Raymond Galligan. There were only 20 togged against westmeath. Mick Mcdonald from drumgoon has been called in.

cavan4ever

Quote from: cavan4sam on April 11, 2008, 09:41:48 AM
yea a few lads have left the panel in the last couple of weeks, Micheal Lyng, Rory Donoghue, Raymond Galligan. There were only 20 togged against westmeath. Mick Mcdonald from drumgoon has been called in.

I wonder does he know that the lock-ins are over till the championship.

cavan4sam

Does anybody here think that Mick McDonald is a better option than Ciaran Galligan at midfield? He is less mobile for 1.

cavan4ever

I don't know if either are good enough.. what u think yourself?

cavan4sam

I dont really know the answer either, I suppose it would be good if both were in at the beginning of the year because they are the kind of guys we need for midfield, big lads Galligan 6' 4" and McDonald 6' 2". Think both are better than either declan gaffney or john cunningham.

mylestheslasher

I was hoping that someone would come back and tell me that I was wrong and that we had more  than 20 togged out against westmeath. Just goes to show you what a mess Keoghan is making of the job. It is way too late bringing in new midfielders now. Is Walsh still on the panel cos as far as I can see we need him in there as he's the best we have at the moment. I also think there is a good chance Ros will turn us over next week.

cavan4sam

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 11, 2008, 11:05:52 AM
I was hoping that someone would come back and tell me that I was wrong and that we had more  than 20 togged out against westmeath. Just goes to show you what a mess Keoghan is making of the job. It is way too late bringing in new midfielders now. Is Walsh still on the panel cos as far as I can see we need him in there as he's the best we have at the moment. I also think there is a good chance Ros will turn us over next week.

Why do you think its too late? We all agree that the midfielders that are there at the minute aren't up to it so why not at least have a look at these guys?