Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

By being told that they "need to man up" etc by returning to play with the county team.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: five points on July 31, 2015, 03:36:52 PM
By being told that they "need to man up" etc by returning to play with the county team.

Hardly blackmail!

If a fella is sulking and wont play because of whatever relationship he has with the manager or he is waiting on a new manager well in my opinion he should man up - team is bigger than one player. If he is not playing due to injury, unable to commit or just doesn't have the interest then fine.

mrdeeds

Never mind discussing Terry and players. Time for championship to take centre stage. What's peoples predictions.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Blue in hope on July 29, 2015, 03:10:05 PM
I  actually have spoken to players and some family members over the last few days and they were nor to happy.One player told me he was going to take the year out and travel and be ready to commit under new management the following year

You obviously haven't spoken to Givney since he was injured. And how would a player going travelling expect to be in a new manager plans the following year -

tommysmith

It's a bit like the few lads on hoganstand cancelling there club breffni over Hyland staying lol

mylestheslasher

Big shock seeing Killeshandra thump Castlerahan in the senior championship. Anyone get to see it?

cavan4sam

Yea, I was there alright (unfortunately  :P) Killeshandra were fully deserving of their victory. They were the best team by a long way. First to every ball and a lot sharper than Castlerahan. I'm hoping that Castlerahan wouldn't play as bad in this years championship or they will be looking at an early exit again.

Denn Forever

Hard luck to the Minors on Saturday.  Only saw the 2nd half on GAA2015 but they were unlucky not to snatch it at the end.  Look forward to see how they progress at U21 level.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

comeysfield

Was a at a good few games over the last few days and other than Lavey and Cootehil the standard was dire / tough stuff, especially Drumgoon and Kingscourt. On the looking for a forward Brendan Argue had a couple of flashes for Bailieborough but was well marshaled.  Then Ray Cullivan really looked like a footballer with the Jordans and Tierney doing well  for Lavey (poor Tierney and Joey Jordan  got a stupid forward's black card), while McCutcheon and Hessin pulled Cootehill out of the fire. Then Smith for Ballyhaise was excellent but no idea how Greg McGovern stayed on him young Brady looked good as well. Gearoid looked injured or pissed off or something. Chris Curran is some player and I wonder has he ever played with a county team the most talented man on the field and nearly dragged Swad back to life 

Westside

Chris Curran is a soccer player. Would have been involved with the county underage but was with Man United youth for a good few years. Injuries meant he had to move home but still plays Division 1 up north now I think. Younger brother Ruari was on the Gerry Reilly team this year but don't think he's as fast as Chris.

mrdeeds

That Stephen Smith from Ballyhaise seems a good footballer. Physical presence too. Did he ever get a chance near a county panel?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 11, 2015, 09:39:36 AM
That Stephen Smith from Ballyhaise seems a good footballer. Physical presence too. Did he ever get a chance near a county panel?

He was on the county under 21 panel in 2002/2003,but he was in college in Wales for 4 years after that. He is a serious player for us.
Have to give plaudits to Chris Curran as well, he was brilliant for Swad,He nearly single-handidly took the fight to us last Sunday, class player. Is he still playing Irish League Football? Terry should do everything he can to get him on the county panel for 2016.

rodney trotter

Yeah he still plays in the Irish  League, plays with Cliftonville.

JP Kelly of Drumlane another good footballer, who would be worth a look with the County set up next year.

Westside

See the U16s took two heavy beatings from Kildare and Cork today in some sort of blitz. We should be very careful about raising expectations because of Gerry Reilly tournament wins.

JP Kelly is a half decent intermediate player albeit one with lots of heart and determination.. A long way off county standard IMO.

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on August 16, 2015, 12:49:41 AM
See the U16s took two heavy beatings from Kildare and Cork today in some sort of blitz. We should be very careful about raising expectations because of Gerry Reilly tournament wins.

JP Kelly is a half decent intermediate player albeit one with lots of heart and determination.. A long way off county standard IMO.

I was following on Twitter but updates stopped 15 minutes into 2nd half with Cavan winning by 2 against cork. That said the Twitter account had cork 6 up at half time and then 3 up at the start of the 2nd half so I assume Cavan scored a goal at half time. Anyone think Cavan Twitter quality has dropped lately since pro was changed? I see mistakes in scores all the time now