Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilsJemmysField

Lavey lost to the Gaels anybody at the Game ?

This time tmorrow the Bridge will have knocked the Haise for 6 and the Crowes from Lacken will be somewhere out in Loch Ramor, after we get at them ;D

Championship is great

rodney trotter

I think the Killenkere lads jumpef into Loch Ramor towards the last five minutes of the first half tonight. They were well in the game, terrible shooting by them in the first half and they could have been well ahead at half time. killenkere didn't show up for the second half, and didn't score until 15 minutes into the second. Ye have a few useful players but didn't have enough quality to keep the pressue up.

mylestheslasher

Ballyhaise beat bridge by 3 points too.

Good luck to killeshandra tomorrow against ballymchugh.

packiedevlin

Bridge were 2 up on 23 minutes into the second half. Ballyhaise scored 5 without reply to win by 2.
Killeshandra and Ballymchugh could be fairly tight, BMH are going well at the moment beating some teams in Div3 quite comprehensively while Killeshandra arent going so well. They beat a poor Cornafean team a few weeks ago but last weekend they were bad against Cootehill, probably should have had the game won at half time but spurned chance after chance. They didnt turn up for the second half and only scored one point. Cootehill ran out deserved winners. If they play like that again BMH will beat them.

PhilsJemmysField

Should have been 6 points up at HT but should have does not work in the real world, we were shite, onwards to the knocks and Larry YAHOO

rodney trotter

Castlerahan - Ramor has the look of a good match tonight. Anton Reilly and McEnroe are obviously big losses for Ramor but they have a strong squad of players, jack brady, ado cole, stephen monaghan, stefan connolly. Castlerahan are the only team in Cavan unbeaten this year. Lots of good players, and plenty of forwards who can do damage.

Richiej

Quote from: TheThirdManning on July 24, 2012, 02:05:55 PM
The Gaels are amalgamating???  :o

The gaels amalgamated in the 70s at minor and u16 level with Drumalee , killyagarry and Butlersbridge to win the minor league in 71, hence the reason kieran o keefe, sean leddy rip. fergus and john costello and sean kane have minor medals.
Cavan posters here seemingly dont have a clue about their local club history, i bet there is no poster here will name the first plater from the st pats 72 hogan cuo team to make the cavan seniors?
Unuasual you might ask for a 19 year old .. seemingly nowadays they need 4/5 years at u21 to gain experience!
But at least we were contesting ulster finals back in the 70s on the strength of a minor win in 74 and a colleges win in 72...... nowadays we cant win a maqtch on the strength of 2 u21 titles and a minor title..

but we cant disagree with mylesthewanker here...

tommysmith

rodney trotter

Castlerahan beat Ramor 2-15 to 1-8 tonight. Going really this year, if they can maintain it is another thing..

Celt_Man

Seemingly Killeshandra robbed Ballymachugh - scored 2 penalties in the last 3 minutes to win by a point 2-9 to 1-11

Drumlane beat Kill 0-9 to 0-7
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Westside

Quote from: Richiej on July 27, 2012, 09:41:58 PM

The gaels amalgamated in the 70s at minor and u16 level with Drumalee , killyagarry and Butlersbridge to win the minor league in 71, hence the reason kieran o keefe, sean leddy rip. fergus and john costello and sean kane have minor medals.
Cavan posters here seemingly dont have a clue about their local club history, i bet there is no poster here will name the first plater from the st pats 72 hogan cuo team to make the cavan seniors?
Unuasual you might ask for a 19 year old .. seemingly nowadays they need 4/5 years at u21 to gain experience!
But at least we were contesting ulster finals back in the 70s on the strength of a minor win in 74 and a colleges win in 72...... nowadays we cant win a maqtch on the strength of 2 u21 titles and a minor title..

mylestheslasher

Richie. You came on here last week verbally abusing not just me but everyone else on this thread using foul language I'd expect of a child. You then deleted that post only to come back and threaten violence against me and also threatened to tell people who I was. Then you deleted that post too. Now you are back again calling me a w**ker  while writing about something that I have not even commented on. As one of the other posters said you clearly have some mental issues you need to work on.

anglocelt39

Cavan posters here seemingly dont have a clue about their local club history, i bet there is no poster here will name the first plater from the st pats 72 hogan cuo team to make the cavan senior

Owen Martin from Templeport perhaps, what difference it makes to the current state of Cavan GAA I'm not sure particularly when it's posted by another clown I have on the ignore list but anyway can't resist a quiz question.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Richiej

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 27, 2012, 11:40:13 PM
Cavan posters here seemingly dont have a clue about their local club history, i bet there is no poster here will name the first plater from the st pats 72 hogan cuo team to make the cavan senior

Owen Martin from Templeport perhaps, what difference it makes to the current state of Cavan GAA I'm not sure particularly when it's posted by another clown I have on the ignore list but anyway can't resist a quiz question.

The difference it makes is im just proving a point. Posters on here spouting shite about minor amalgamations which were going on in the 70s anyway.
And if you cant resist a quiz question i suggest you brush up on your answers. It wasnt Owen Martin. It was actually Hugh Reynolds.

Richiej

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 27, 2012, 11:30:36 PM

Richie. You came on here last week verbally abusing not just me but everyone else on this thread using foul language I'd expect of a child. You then deleted that post only to come back and threaten violence against me and also threatened to tell people who I was. Then you deleted that post too. Now you are back again calling me a w**ker  while writing about something that I have not even commented on. As one of the other posters said you clearly have some mental issues you need to work on.

Your a fine one to talk about abuse... You have been abusing Seanie Johnston on here for 8 months.
Seemingly the word coming back from the Kildare move is that Cavan are light years behind in their approach to strenth and conditioning methods,fitness methods and also ball work in training.
So seemingly it doesnt matter what talent comes through if we continue to use out of date training methods.
Maybe Seanie should drop of some "boxes of mars bars" for Terry to feed the lads on when he heads back to Cavan town tonight !!
As you said yourself the "mars bars" seemed to have fattened Seanie up!
At least they havent affected his accuracy.