Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 27, 2007, 12:23:43 PM
I'd like nothing better, have family and friends in Claremorris and all, but won't make Castlebar I'm afraid. I've gotten to more Ulster SFC games this year than ever before and then the weekend of a Cavan game, I'm tied up. Typical!

I'll just have to rely on the sagely publishings of Cavan4ever, Ballyhaiseman, thatstheball etc. as well as yon reprobate anglocelt39 who I expect will wake up and post his opinion on the game fairly soon. ;)

Not sure if i will make it myself have to much going on at the moment with weddings and stags but im sure it would be a good weekends craic for anyone who is staying over.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 27, 2007, 08:20:59 AM
Cavan 0-13 Fermanagh 1-9  last nite in Breffini

It could have been a draw either someone else had it 0-12 to 1-9

1. James Reilly
2. Michael Hannon
3. Dermot Sheridan
4. Keith Fannin
5. Eamon Reilly
6. Johnny Crowe
7. Martin Reilly
8. Dermot McCabe
9. Nick Walsh
10. Michael Brennan
11. Anthony Forde
12. Cian Mackey
13. Jason Reilly
14. Mark Mckeever
15. Ger Pierson

Jason went off injured after 10 minutes and lyng came on for him.  Lyng didn't come out for the second half and Sean Brady came on for him and he played quiet well at Full Forward.  Very poor in first half and improved slighly in second half.  Is Cullivan injured Ballyhaiseman??

Cullivan took a knock on either his knee or ankle,not sure against Denn,im sure they just didnt risk him in a challenge match,he had a stormer for us and is in good form.
Has been flying in both club and (county training aswell so ive heard).
whats the deal with Martin Reily a wing back and Brennan, a wing forward,Perhaps he will line out like this in order to try and Confuse Mayo...with them switching before throw-in  ???

cavanmaniac

More to the point, how did Sheridan do at full-back? Is he the makings of a decent number 3 and could he handle the aerial prowess of Austin O'Malley?

BallyhaiseMan

hes not terribely big CM,i think hed be more at home in the corner.a very good man marker and hard as nails as you would expect any Mullahoran man to be.

cavan4ever

Cullivan took a knock on either his knee or ankle,not sure against Denn,im sure they just didnt risk him in a challenge match,he had a stormer for us and is in good form.
whats the deal with Martin Reily a wing back and Brennan, a wing forward,Perhaps he will line out like this in order to try and Confuse Mayo...with them switching before throw-in 

I dunno thats 2 games Martin Reilly has played at wing-back and the other nite he played quiet well, he seem to be a good tackler.  If cullivan and Mulvey are fit can't see brennan starting.

cavan4ever

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 28, 2007, 08:12:45 AM
whats the deal with Martin Reily a wing back and Brennan, a wing forward,Perhaps he will line out like this in order to try and Confuse Mayo...with them switching before throw-in 

I dunno thats 2 games Martin Reilly has played at wing-back and the other nite he played quiet well, he seem to be a good tackler.  If cullivan and Mulvey are fit can't see brennan starting.

I wish they would play Mckeever at Wing back it my opinion it is his best postion and he would get in for breaks at midfield and drive forward.

Barney

Quoteand could he handle the aerial prowess of Austin O'Malley?
:o
:D

Said I'd have a spy lads. If ye are worried about Austie ye'd want to line-up some new scouts

The Bottom Brick

Cavan drew with Fermanagh, I heard ref Eugene Murtagh tell Mulgrew when he was coming that it was 1-9 to 0-12, same score as I had and those around me...

Although to be fair, there were no umpires in second half so it was sometimes hard to tell what the ref was givin unless you watched closely the kickout position...

Brennan won't start at all I wouldn't say, Larry and Sean Brady and Lyng would be ahead of him in the forwards and Forde/Martin Reilly in the half back line

Walsh was dire the other night, he looks more like a number 5 in rugby than an inter county midfielder

Martin Reilly v good, Sean Brady was excellent when he came on too.

Like Forde at 11, did well when he wasn't ass-raping the ref over things like lineballs  ;)
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

shotstopper1

Just a theory, but Cullivan played well for Ballyhaise at the w/e v Denn, a game Keoghan was at, and they may be thinking of playing him at FF v Mayo.He'd be still a bit of an unknown quanity to Mayo,as he played his worst half of football for Cavan in the drawn Down game and didn't feature in the replay.Doubtful if Mayo were watching too many of the league games other than the Roscommon game.Cavan showed their hand with Martin Reilly in the challenge game v Mayo (don't think Cullivan featured in that)and therefore may be keeping Cullivan under wraps for the moment.

Davitt Man

I heard about a lad from Ballyconnell a few years ago Colin O Hara, i heard he impressed in a few challenge games but then just disappeared off the scene. What happened him

cavan4ever

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on June 28, 2007, 09:53:39 AM

Walsh was dire the other night, he looks more like a number 5 in rugby than an inter county midfielder

Martin Reilly v good, Sean Brady was excellent when he came on too.

Walsh was getting up higher than his man most of the time for the kickouts but instead of putting his two hands up to catch the ball he was at his usual fisting the ball away or flicking it.  I never seen him play before he went to australia but could he catch a ball back then?  Id say Sean Brady will start the next day at least he isn't afraid to shoot and is accurate most of the time.

Stagmeister

Quote from: Davitt Man on June 28, 2007, 10:38:46 AM
I heard about a lad from Ballyconnell a few years ago Colin O Hara, i heard he impressed in a few challenge games but then just disappeared off the scene. What happened him

He's a great footballer alright, very talented midfielder just dont know if he has it upstairs...few sandwiches short of a picnic if ya now what I mean.
He's playing his football down in Kildare this year with Allenwood...supposed to be playing great stuff too, I heard from a reliable source that he was approached to join up with the senior panel back around january or february however he turned down the opportunity citing drinking committments and also the fact that his tourrets condition, which he was diagnosed with a couple of years ago is said to be worsening.

Also, his Daddy, Inspector O'Hara, has been putting pressure on him to switch his allegiance to the lilywhites...so dont be surprised if you see him lining out for the flourbags in the next year or two, he'd be a perfect replacement for Dermot Earley

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

Davitt Man

Quote from: Stagmeister on June 28, 2007, 04:05:19 PM
Quote from: Davitt Man on June 28, 2007, 10:38:46 AM

He's a great footballer alright, very talented midfielder just dont know if he has it upstairs...few sandwiches short of a picnic if ya now what I mean.
He's playing his football down in Kildare this year with Allenwood...supposed to be playing great stuff too, I heard from a reliable source that he was approached to join up with the senior panel back around january or february however he turned down the opportunity citing drinking committments and also the fact that his tourrets condition, which he was diagnosed with a couple of years ago is said to be worsening.

Also, his Daddy, Inspector O'Hara, has been putting pressure on him to switch his allegiance to the lilywhites...so dont be surprised if you see him lining out for the flourbags in the next year or two, he'd be a perfect replacement for Dermot Earley

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

Another case of a player switching counties, this is getting out of hand now.

Hollow Man

Walsh was getting up higher than his man most of the time for the kickouts but instead of putting his two hands up to catch the ball he was at his usual fisting the ball away or flicking it

was at the game as well the other night, at one stage Walsh got up and kept his hands by his side! Looked like he was going up for a header!!

good and bad points to take from it

Their goal was a shocker, walked through

One other thing:

As they say in Hot Press....CIAN MACKEY HAS BECOME A PASTICHE OF HIMSELF!

I thought nobody could run past a man, and instead of tapping ober, put the head down and go past another, then another and then kick it up in the air from the corner flag at least once every game, then I saw Mackey! Few classics the other night again...

BallyhaiseMan

Lets hope he does it tonight aswell as we are playing them in Ballyjamesduff  :D