Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Richie what in the name of God are you on about.. Kildare man Johnston having banter with his ex teammates and that means he's not a negative influence? Muck. Let's call it as it is, Johnston was not liked by his team mates in general. Most don't care that he's gone. He showed no allegiance to his county and left his club high and dry too. At least Mackey had the guts to stay instead of going when he was dropped.

Your abuse of Andrews is a disgrace.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Richiej on February 17, 2012, 10:48:50 PM
With reference to my last post. I just want clubs to see through Amdrews. After all 2 years ago Andrews wanted ti be Dublin Chairman. It didn't happen , now he's been back being a manager. There was great banter on twitter 2 days ago with mackey , johnston, nesty, funny stuff. Great banter too with mcclarey, Dunne and Johnston. I don't believe Seanie is a negative influence.it's Andrews making a point. Now Seanie is making a bigger point.. Sheds of Liam Austin Era from what I hear. Cos there more leavin....,Fcuk off Val while u can!!!

Richie I think many of us have started to query what is going on but your ramblings and rants have made it impossible to take you serious. I find it hard to believe that Hyland was involved with the u21s for two years, reached two Ulster Finals and an All-Ireland and then compare it to how poorly the senior side appear to be managed.

You say there are more leaving? Who exactly?

It all just leaves me scratching my head. At least the club starts back this weekend.

mylestheslasher

There will definitely be more leaving Richie, mainly because the squad has to be reduced on size before the championship. The whole thing reminds me of roscommon a few years ago, they went totally with youth. We hammered them in Hyde park, mayo trashed them in Connaught. Everyone said they were going for too much youth too soon (me included) and then the next year they win Connaught and gave cork a good run for their money in the 1/4 finals. I could take the short term pain for some success down the road. The question is whether Andrews is good enough to deliver and that's where the big doubt is.

rodney trotter

Saw a piece in the Indo today where Andrews made an approach for Brian Sheridan (joe's brother) at the start of the year.. But he turned it down, he is not involved in the Meath panel but is highly rated, was very good with Dcu a few years ago.. Looks bad tbh as soon as there was talk of Johnston switching to Kildare that Cavan should try and bring in a replacement. Brian Sheridan is eligble to play under the parentage rule, there was no possibility that he would swith with his brother with Meath.

Swadman

Our 1st outing of the year has been called off as Gearoid McKiernan has been selected for the Ulster team today:
Connacht v Ulster, Markievicz Park, Sligo, 2.00pm
Best of luck lad

rodney trotter

That match is on tomorrow swadman, lacken-castlerahan was called off aswell as Ronan Flanagan was called up late to the panel, alot of players had to pull out through injury.

anglocelt39

10 years as  a reader and sometimes poster on this board folks and a lot of it's been great crack but, like all things it goes through cycles and at the moment is gone a bit to the bad. When it was good it was great and that was mainly due to the fact that there were lads who were close to the action and had a bit of an inside track making this a good spot for genuine info you wouldn't get elsewhere. Unfortunately too many people like myself on here now who are a bit removed from the action and, in fairness to everybody aren't in a position to offer any information that isn't readily available elsewhere. So feckit I'm deleting my account now and am out of here. Will keep reading mind you.

Hope to get back sometime as Anglocelt40.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

tommysmith

Yeah and the sisters, husdands 3rd cousin brother in law was also asked to play.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: anglocelt39 on February 18, 2012, 11:58:42 AM
10 years as  a reader and sometimes poster on this board folks and a lot of it's been great crack but, like all things it goes through cycles and at the moment is gone a bit to the bad. When it was good it was great and that was mainly due to the fact that there were lads who were close to the action and had a bit of an inside track making this a good spot for genuine info you wouldn't get elsewhere. Unfortunately too many people like myself on here now who are a bit removed from the action and, in fairness to everybody aren't in a position to offer any information that isn't readily available elsewhere. So feckit I'm deleting my account now and am out of here. Will keep reading mind you.

Feck it, I'm gone too. Over and out Breffni men.

mylestheslasher

Well done ti gearoid and Ronan. They should take that as a vote of confidence in their ability and keep the heads up.

Richiej

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 18, 2012, 11:17:36 AM
Saw a piece in the Indo today where Andrews made an approach for Brian Sheridan (joe's brother) at the start of the year.. But he turned it down, he is not involved in the Meath panel but is highly rated, was very good with Dcu a few years ago.. Looks bad tbh as soon as there was talk of Johnston switching to Kildare that Cavan should try and bring in a replacement. Brian Sheridan is eligble to play under the parentage rule, there was no possibility that he would swith with his brother with Meath.
.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Is Damien Sheridan joe Sheridans dad? If so I thought Damien was born in Meath and played for Cavan under the parentage rule as his father Eammon  (joes grandfather ) was a Cavan man. Eammon I think was  Chairman of the minor board in 74 when Cavan won it. But I think Damien was born in Meath .

tommysmith

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on February 18, 2012, 12:17:27 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on February 18, 2012, 11:58:42 AM

Feck it, I'm gone too. Over and out Breffni men.

Pair of women  :D

club_man

On a different note fellas, anyone know the rough dates for club championships this year? Assume its around the middle of July? Just to try and sort out holidays.

Cheers

edit: Just found it here if anyone interested.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=160236

Benny

Damien Sheridan played with the Maghera MacFinns, and was part of the Junior and Intermediate c-ship winning teams in '74 and '75. Not sure exactly where he was born, but was definitely brought up in Maghera.

Benny

Oh, and yes he is Joe and Brian's Dad.