Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasmatazz:)

But at the end off the day will that improve cavn geals chance off winning ulster, don't think so but what does show if they are best u got in cavan who are repersenting ur county then u must support that kind of football through out ur county , good luck in the future ButtHead ;D

cavan4ever

That would not be the Gaels normal style of play but they always got beat by teams playing that way against them and it looks like they have made there mind up that they are going to do whatever it takes to try and win Ulster.

CC1

Quote from: Rasmatazz:) on November 03, 2008, 11:52:01 PM
But at the end off the day will that improve cavn geals chance off winning ulster, don't think so but what does show if they are best u got in cavan who are repersenting ur county then u must support that kind of football through out ur county , good luck in the future ButtHead ;D
Butthead, nice... Shows your maturity mate.

Yes Cavan Gaels are the best we have in Cavan, and are representing our county. They are winning games in Ulster so thats all I really care about. It doesn't matter how you win as long as you win. I believe Tyrone and Armagh have proven that over the past few years. Then again, you're from Antrim, how would you know?  :P
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

boojangles

Judging by a few reactions to the Gaels win,it seems St Galls really only thought they had to show up.Their cockiness suprises me really.I know they have contested an All-Ireland final but coming from one of the weaker counties,I dunno how they could have been so sure of themselves.Im glad to see the Gaels doing well,at last a Cavan man got to shut the smug Max up for a week or 2 anyway.As far Rassmataz,I dont think his opinion should even be heeded.
CC1 it was Glen Nulty in goals,he did well,made one great save in the 1st half.couldnt think of his name, and Joshua Hayes was playing too now ya mention it.Im not sure if it was Michael Reilly at midfield,this lad seemed to be wearing Kingscourt shorts.

CC1

Michael Reilly was wearing blue and white shorts against Bailieboro on Saturday, maybe they're the same ones? If they are he's gonna get a slagging! As for Nulty in goal, he's a fairly handy keeper alright, he's stood in goal for the Celts due to Clegg being away and has been very solid from what I've seen. Does the simple things right which is what it's all about.

As for razzmatazz, I'm actually having a bit of craic with him. He doesn't come across as the smartest guy you'd meet!

Rasmatazz:)

All a bit of craic cc1 aka (BUTTCHEEKS) ::)

Gold

Quote from: boojangles on November 04, 2008, 06:29:46 PM
Judging by a few reactions to the Gaels win,it seems St Galls really only thought they had to show up.Their cockiness suprises me really.I know they have contested an All-Ireland final but coming from one of the weaker counties,I dunno how they could have been so sure of themselves.Im glad to see the Gaels doing well,at last a Cavan man got to shut the smug Max up for a week or 2 anyway.As far Rassmataz,I dont think his opinion should even be heeded.
CC1 it was Glen Nulty in goals,he did well,made one great save in the 1st half.couldnt think of his name, and Joshua Hayes was playing too now ya mention it.Im not sure if it was Michael Reilly at midfield,this lad seemed to be wearing Kingscourt shorts.

because they have won 7 antrim's in last 8 years, won Ulster, played in 3 Ulster finals, and won Kilmacud and Castlewellen 7's twice in last 3 years
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Celt_Man

As for Nulty in goal, he's a fairly handy keeper alright, he's stood in goal for the Celts due to Clegg being away and has been very solid from what I've seen. Does the simple things right which is what it's all about.

Actually Nulty was always a goal keeper, he always played there for the seniors - he just played out the field when Clegg was in goals... Clegg didn't play this year and Glen was always going back into goals anyway.  In fairness he should have gotten a look in with the county a couple of years ago and I know he impressed several current county players at one trial a few years ago.  He is as good a keeper I've played with and I've played with a brave few inter county keepers.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Quote from: Gold on November 04, 2008, 11:20:43 PM
Quote from: boojangles on November 04, 2008, 06:29:46 PM

because they have won 7 antrim's in last 8 years, won Ulster, played in 3 Ulster finals, Kilmacud and Castlewellen 7's twice in last 3 years
So they were sure of themselves.Credit where its due,an ulster and 3 final appearances is no mean feat in this province but Cavan Gaels have been knocking on the door for the last 7 years.They have won 7 out of the last 9 County Championships,have a list of Inter county players nearly as long as St Galls and they were always gonna b hungry after last years defeat.

CC1

CC1

Quote from: Celt_Man on November 04, 2008, 11:38:28 PM
Actually Nulty was always a goal keeper, he always played there for the seniors - he just played out the field when Clegg was in goals... Clegg didn't play this year and Glen was always going back into goals anyway.  In fairness he should have gotten a look in with the county a couple of years ago and I know he impressed several current county players at one trial a few years ago.  He is as good a keeper I've played with and I've played with a brave few inter county keepers.
Ah I wasn't really aware of that, I'm only new to the scene really. I'm the same age as Clegg so I'm not really in on who was in goals before him. So I only remember Nulty playing against us in outfield positions. Both of them are good keepers.

BallyhaiseMan

heard from some of the lads Kevin Brady, Gary Fernacombe, Darragh Gaffney and Sean McCormack were good for Annalee at the weekend Boojangles? who in your opinion was good and looked worthy of a place on the county team.

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on November 06, 2008, 03:15:55 PM
heard from some of the lads Kevin Brady, Gary Fernacombe, Darragh Gaffney and Sean McCormack were good for Annalee at the weekend Boojangles? who in your opinion was good and looked worthy of a place on the county team.

Did you just read the Celt BH Man? despite what Paul Fitz from the Celt said about the intensity of the game,I can assure you the game was played at a very good pace and I only played the 2nd half!! All the lads you mentioned played very well,Gaffney looked a class apart at times.Kicking with ease off both feet.But I suppose there was some great quality ball going in.Kevin Brady showed very well too.Gary Ferncombe stood out as usual,him and Alan Clarke had a good battle.John McCutcheon and Enda McCormack also had a good battle in the middle of the field,Enda scoring a great goal in the 1st half.John Tierney came into it in the 2nd half and kicked some great scores.He still looks very unfit but his aerial ability is still superb.Martin Reilly and Mousey Kiernan were very lively and got lots of ball but alot of attempts landed in the goalies hands.Colm Smith the County Minor from Kingscourt(Phils son) did a fine job of marking Martin Reilly,both players could run all day.Im sure Tommy Carr would  been impressed with a few

mylestheslasher

Quote from: boojangles on November 07, 2008, 09:34:00 AM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on November 06, 2008, 03:15:55 PM

Did you just read the Celt BH Man? despite what Paul Fitz from the Celt said about the intensity of the game,I can assure you the game was played at a very good pace and I only played the 2nd half!! All the lads you mentioned played very well,Gaffney looked a class apart at times.Kicking with ease off both feet.But I suppose there was some great quality ball going in.Kevin Brady showed very well too.Gary Ferncombe stood out as usual,him and Alan Clarke had a good battle.John McCutcheon and Enda McCormack also had a good battle in the middle of the field,Enda scoring a great goal in the 1st half.John Tierney came into it in the 2nd half and kicked some great scores.He still looks very unfit but his aerial ability is still superb.Martin Reilly and Mousey Kiernan were very lively and got lots of ball but alot of attempts landed in the goalies hands.Colm Smith the County Minor from Kingscourt(Phils son) did a fine job of marking Martin Reilly,both players could run all day.Im sure Tommy Carr would  been impressed with a few

Was Tommy Carr at the match or just the selectors?

Homer

Think boojangles mentioned a couple of pages back that both Tommy Carr and Peter Reilly were in attendance.