Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swadman

Was at the game in Ballyconnell between West Cavan & Sheelin Gaels. Yes they charged a €5 there too. I think it goes towards a prize fund for the winners, sports vouchers or something. Game ended in a draw, Ronan Reilly, Kildallan, and Madden, Gowna, played well as did Galligan from Lacken. The rest looked too small for county (this year, anyway)

boojangles

Quote from: Swadman on October 29, 2008, 08:11:42 AM
Was at the game in Ballyconnell between West Cavan & Sheelin Gaels. Yes they charged a €5 there too. I think it goes towards a prize fund for the winners, sports vouchers or something. Game ended in a draw, Ronan Reilly, Kildallan, and Madden, Gowna, played well as did Galligan from Lacken. The rest looked too small for county (this year, anyway)
Thats right,the winning region get either 100 Euro or vouchers or something like that each.just an incentive to get up of your arse really.
The next game is on in Drumalee on Sunday at 12 o Clock.Its Annalee Gaels Vs Erne Gaels I think ????
Pelting Snow in October-I've seen it all now!!

Denn Forever

Too small for County football?  Had a look at the stats of the Tyrone footballers before the AI and there were a lot who were 5'8" e.g. Philip Jordan.  If you are good enough, you don't have to be giant!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cavan4sam

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 29, 2008, 04:53:14 PM
Too small for County football?  Had a look at the stats of the Tyrone footballers before the AI and there were a lot who were 5'8" e.g. Philip Jordan.  If you are good enough, you don't have to be giant!

I'm not sure here but i think when he said they were too small I think he may have meant physically, as in that they were a bit lightweight, and not in terms of their height.

boojangles

What sort of a chance do yas reckon the Gaels have in Casement Park on Sunday?
Anybody making the trip up?
I think they really could have their work cut out.St Galls are after coming through a tight game against Mayobridge,compare that to the Gaels encounter with Denn.the only tight game the Gaels have had in a year is against Mullahoran in the Q-Final.If Galls get a handle on Johnston and Lyng then it could be game over.I would like to see the Gaels progress for the sake of Cavan football but also as I think this may be their last rattle at it for a few years.
Also has the draw for the Ulster Intermediate and Junior Championships been made yet?

cavan4ever

Quote from: boojangles on October 30, 2008, 12:12:11 PM
I think they really could have their work cut out.St Galls are after coming through a tight game against Mayobridge,compare that to the Gaels encounter with Denn.the only tight game the Gaels have had in a year is against Mullahoran in the Q-Final.If Galls get a handle on Johnston and Lyng then it could be game over.I would like to see the Gaels progress for the sake of Cavan football but also as I think this may be their last rattle at it for a few years.
Also has the draw for the Ulster Intermediate and Junior Championships been made yet?
Drung are playing the Derry champions on Sunday in Breffini and i heard Redhills play the Tyrone champions on the 8th

cavanmaniac

Quote from: boojangles on October 30, 2008, 12:12:11 PM

Nobody's really too bothered I think. The Gaels have had enough nibbles at the Ulster club by now to have learned something but seem to get further away every year. Not good enough based on previous efforts but they'll have to takea big scalp soon on the law of avergaes alone. Galls are a big hitter though, too good for the Gaels I'd reckon.

mylestheslasher

See the league fixtures are in the indo today.

Starts away to Longford, end with away to Louth. We have Down, Offally away too. Ros, Limerick and Tipp at home.

cavanmaniac

Four away games is a pisser, that two of them are in Down and Offaly is a total bags. We'll really struggle to get out of those venues unscathed, Longford under Glenn Ryan will be all-out from the start of the league too.

Tough task ahead in year one of the Tommy project!

Mr. Pain

Quote from: cavanmaniac on October 31, 2008, 03:17:03 PM
Four away games is a pisser, that two of them are in Down and Offaly is a total bags. We'll really struggle to get out of those venues unscathed, Longford under Glenn Ryan will be all-out from the start of the league too.

Tough task ahead in year one of the Tommy project!

Mr. Pain is unfamiliar with this new language. He always thought that a pisser was a lavatory and was very useful in times of need. Also a bag can be handy although Mr. Pain would encourage the use of paper bags as plastic does harm our environment and Mr. Pain would like the Paininis to grow up on a clean earth. A big bag of shite, however, is a negative thing and perhaps this is what the maniac is referring to. Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

Celt_Man

We did it again... Beat Drumgoon on the last day of the league to deny them promotion... Played them off the park really won 8 - 4 winning 6 points to 1 at half time.... So with Redhills and Ramor both won so they go up...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

CC1

we relegated bailieboro to division 3. To be honest we should have been out of sight by half time but for poor shooting and woeful refereeing. Bailieboro came back into it in the second half mainly due to our management moving mickey reilly out of midfield into the forward line. It baffled everybody including the knockbride boys standing in the crowd beside me. It got bailieboro back on level terms and it then looked like anything could happen... Luckily our boys regained their composure and found out a result. Special word for Gary Smith, the boy is a class act. If he keeps his head he is one of the best backs in Cavan. IMO of course...
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

anglocelt39

Thanks CC1 for the update, well sort of. Heard on the Jungle Drums down this far that the Shamrocks are down to Junior level next year, don't know when that last happened if at all. Probably some of it due to not bringing some new lads through and giving them a chance over the mid-90's crew, still have to be more reasons than just that for ending up at this stage.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

CC1

Very true ac39. I know alot of lads that played for Bailieboro underage and were very decent players. I can't think of one of them still playing ball for the shamrocks right now. Now that most of the 90's crew have moved on they are left with a very average side and personally I think they will struggle in division 3 too. They really do need some youngsters to start coming through soon and it will be another while yet because the next promising group of lads are this years u16 team. The near future is looking very very bleak for them.

As for ourselves, business as usual. The backs and midfield were completely on top and the forwards were very very poor. I don't think we've put over more than 10 points in a game so far this year. Which is not good at all. Our forwards really need to start playing or we will struggle again next year.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

BallyhaiseMan

Belturbet 6-08 Ballyhaise 1-11

Ballyhaise relegated to division Two alongside Drumalee.

Jason Reily scored a hatrick.

We were beyond abysmal with only Sean McCormack, Donal Farrelly Kevin Tierney and Eamon Costello playing any football.

Belturbet were outstanding,

Conor Vaughan and Brendan Bud Fitzpatrick look like outstanding prospects.

Now for this Hangover  :-X