Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Ya, i read that Pep rejected it earlier on too, wants to give barca youth a go and he's already overloaded in midfield.

Clown

i would be surprised if the Barca board went and made a bid without first asking Guardiola if he wanted the player

ross4life

United Players out on loan... would like to see Welbeck and Cleverly loaned out to some PL team

Danny Drinkwater - Cardiff
Cameron Stewart - Yeovil
Matty James - Preston
Mame Diouf - Blackburn Rovers
Joshua King - Preston
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: ross4life on August 10, 2010, 08:18:24 PM
United Players out on loan... would like to see Welbeck and Cleverly loaned out to some PL team

Danny Drinkwater - Cardiff
Cameron Stewart - Yeovil
Matty James - Preston
Mame Diouf - Blackburn Rovers
Joshua King - Preston

Is Wellbeck not heading to Sunderland?
Cleverly is staying.

ross4life

With Jones now Sold to Stoke, expect Bruce to be on the phone to Fergie about Welbeck as we speak, Cleverly impressed me during Pre-season he's one for the future
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

Danny Drinkwater, what a surname! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Saw a headline today "Drinkwater thirsty for more action"‎

ross4life

Thats a lot of strikers in the squad now, sounds like united snapped him up before Real Madrid did, from what i understand he can play in midfield or on the wings as well & was once homeless

magpie seanie

QuoteIt takes the club's spending to around £25m following the arrival of Chris Smalling from Fulham and Javier Hernández from Chivas de Guadalajara, with Ferguson retaining a strong interest in Mesut Ozil, the Germany international.

Of course in the interests of balance I would add that Foster and Tosic were sold for a reported £14 million combined so the net spend would be about £10m.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 11, 2010, 10:39:50 PM
QuoteIt takes the club's spending to around £25m following the arrival of Chris Smalling from Fulham and Javier Hernández from Chivas de Guadalajara, with Ferguson retaining a strong interest in Mesut Ozil, the Germany international.

Of course in the interests of balance I would add that Foster and Tosic were sold for a reported £14 million combined so the net spend would be about £10m.

And that £10 million would represent what percentage compared to the interest fees payable on the Glazer's debts this year? Would it even be 15%?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Wee Shea

"He's tall, he's thin, he eats food from your bin, Bebeeeeeeeeee, Bebeeeeeeeeeee"

"Bebe's house is the middle of our street, in our bins is where he gets his food to eat!"

If they put him out on loan, whenever Owen or Berbatov inevitably disappoint the United fans could sing the Pato Banton classic: "Bebe come back!"

A rat pack classic, "That's why the Bebe is a tr**p"

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on August 11, 2010, 10:20:03 PM
Thats a lot of strikers in the squad now, sounds like united snapped him up before Real Madrid did, from what i understand he can play in midfield or on the wings as well & was once homeless

So he should be good away from home?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AFS

Sounds like a joke. £7.5m on a fella from the Portuguese third division? At least the last unknown, Hernandez, had played first division football and had a couple of caps. Bizarre.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on August 11, 2010, 11:03:37 PM
Sounds like a joke. £7.5m on a fella from the Portuguese third division? At least the last unknown, Hernandez, had played first division football and had a couple of caps. Bizarre.

I'd assume the £7.5 million figure is largely dependant on appearances / trophies to the extent that if the full fee was payable, it would work out as good business.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Carmen Stateside

See the wee Mexican scored tonight against Spain. Silva leveled things with about two minutes left. Good game.