Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

NAG1

Dont know about Hargreaves, as far as I am aware you can replace someone in the window at christmas or rejig your 25, maybe I am wrong but thats what I had read. So my point is if he isnt fit now is there any point having him in until christmas?

David McKeown

Quote from: NAG1 on August 13, 2010, 03:40:55 PM
Dont know about Hargreaves, as far as I am aware you can replace someone in the window at christmas or rejig your 25, maybe I am wrong but thats what I had read. So my point is if he isnt fit now is there any point having him in until christmas?

Probably not but only if there was someone else to take his place.  From my count above, even including him Utd would still only be naming a 24 man squad based on the players currently at the club
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AFS

Quote from: David McKeown on August 13, 2010, 03:03:32 PM
Not sure about Anderson I think he turned 22 during his third season although the definition of your age in football is a little strange for example this season a player is under 21 if they were born on or after 1st January 1989 which means the are considered under 21 all season even when they are 22 yet a player who is currently 21 will be considered 22 all season if they turn 22 before new years eve this year.

I think I just missed the HG at the end of Deleat anyway.  The rule on needing 8 home grown players has been mis-reported anyway.  The rule actually is you can have a maximum of 17 non home grown players not that you must have 8 home grown players.  You could meet the rule by naming a squad of 17 non home grown players and 0 home grown players.  Chelsea I think will only have three home grown players this season.

Yeah, you're right. Anderson misses it by a few months.

Didn't realise that about the 17 non-home grown. Was wondering how a few were going to cope.

David McKeown

Quote from: ross4life on August 13, 2010, 03:05:57 PM
Premier League squads under scrutiny

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8902975.stm

Just had a quick scan of that article and noticed quite a few mistakes seems quite poorly researched
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Shrewdness

Despite the fact that there are believed to be about 4000 Unsold Season Tickets, United have been able to declare the Newcastle match as a complete sell out.

This means that a single ticket has been issued for any of the seats that would normally be covered by the unsold season tickets, and also means that all of these single tickets have been snapped up.

So much for a fans boycott in any shape or form at the start of the season. Looks like Round One to the Glazers.

ross4life

Tonight's team

VDS; O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Fletcher, Scholes, Nani; Rooney, Berba

Subs, Giggs,Smalling,Hernandez,Carrick,Rafael, Macheda, Kuszczak

Edit Park & Owen not match fit 
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

RealSpiritof98

Any online links to the match tonight.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

tyroneboi

Holy ghost, Andy Gray is talking absolute bollix on Sky Sports at the minute!!

norabeag

Quote from: tyroneboi on August 16, 2010, 07:33:58 PM
Holy ghost, Andy Gray is talking absolute bollix on Sky Sports at the minute!!
Was just saying that to my da
Never heard as much shite talked in my life as he and Keyes have been spouting for 1/2 hr.

Yer Ma

Curious that Owen is 'not fit' - no problems in pre season, and it is Fergie who is responsible for getting his players fit.The 'few minutes' away excuse doesn't ring true. I'm going to take a punt and say Owen is being frozen out.

tyroneboi

Carroll should have bagged that one.

ross4life

HT 2-0 not even out of 1st gear with lots of misplaced passes, time to put this game to bed early in the 2nd half

The Worker

Should have kept rooney on to break his goal duck against that bad lot  >:(

fancy the mushy pea to bag one though