Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 01, 2021, 10:12:59 AM
Nuno sacked, Spurs not messing about there, rumours of them trying to get Conte in next
Conte has history with clashing with owners over transfers in the past and I don't think Levy will be one for free spending to get Spurs back to being a top 4 club so I can't see them agreeing a deal to get him. Will probably end up with Howe in until end of the season

lurganblue

Quote from: Nanderson on November 01, 2021, 10:30:51 AM
Nuno sacked, Spurs not messing about there, rumours of them trying to get Conte in next
Conte has history with clashing with owners over transfers in the past and I don't think Levy will be one for free spending to get Spurs back to being a top 4 club so I can't see them agreeing a deal to get him. Will probably end up with Howe in until end of the season

I'd be surprised if he was sacked to bring in Howe in fairness.

Dean Smith is on thin ice too.

Captain Obvious

Three managers Daniel Levy has sacked in three years, is the objective to keep sacking managers until Tottenham win a trophy?

johnnycool

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 01, 2021, 02:36:09 PM
Three managers Daniel Levy has sacked in three years, is the objective to keep sacking managers until Tottenham win a trophy?

For a guy with the reputation of being prudent financially it either costs them an arm and a leg to cover these sackings or he's some serious clauses in his contracts that allows him to cut them lose and not absorb the costs.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: johnnycool on November 01, 2021, 04:31:15 PM

For a guy with the reputation of being prudent financially it either costs them an arm and a leg to cover these sackings or he's some serious clauses in his contracts that allows him to cut them lose and not absorb the costs.

Sacking Poch at the time instead of letting him invest and rebuild the squad was absolute madness. Not selling Kane for £150 million doesn't look like it's worked out too well either.

thewobbler

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on November 01, 2021, 04:40:04 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 01, 2021, 04:31:15 PM

Sacking Poch at the time instead of letting him invest and rebuild the squad was absolute madness. Not selling Kane for £150 million doesn't look like it's worked out too well either.

It was madness. But the deeper-rooted problem is the one that's really frying Levy's head. The established young players who should have been the platform for a rebuild - Alli, Dier, Winks have got rich, got complacent, and nosedived off the cliff. Throw in that N'Dombele's record fee was possibly the worst scouted purchase in history, and it's now 4 successive managers have banged their head off the wall trying to get them back up standard, and 4 successive managers hung out to dry.

Levy's problem is that he will still want a major transfer fee for each. His financial modelling for the club demands players to be sold, for players to be bought. If he would just bite the bullet and cancel their contracts, just to get their half arsed, blame everyone else attitude, out of the club, it would I'm sure reap dividends. This is the future for football clubs. Shorter contracts, cancellation clauses, and negligible transfer fees. Handing over £25m a year to those bad eggs is just madness.

Main Street

I only watched one game of the truncated Nuno era, the last one v Man U and they were a shambles. It was poor judgement to appoint him in the first place (were they desperate?) but best to shaft him early, the torture would never have stopped. If Conte was available for Man U and they didn't take him up on it, instead going with Ole Gunnar, that would be astonishingly poor judgement.

Captain Obvious

Antonio Conte to Tottenham confirmed, The contract until June 2023 will be signed tomorrow. He doesn't stay long at any club he manages however normally wins a trophy or two. Tottenham haven't won a trophy for 13 years.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 01, 2021, 11:41:40 PM
Antonio Conte to Tottenham confirmed, The contract until June 2023 will be signed tomorrow. He doesn't stay long at any club he manages however normally wins a trophy or two. Tottenham haven't won a trophy for 13 years.

Spurs have only won the League Cup twice in the last 30 seasons, no other trophy!

J70

I'd be excited if I was a Spurs fan.

A bit like we Liverpool fans were when Klopp was appointed.

Proven winner. Decent football. Excellent coaching.

United should have gone for him.

An Watcher

Fair enough but also a proven track record of being out the door in no time.

thebigfella

J70

thebigfella

J70

Quote from: thebigfella on November 02, 2021, 01:29:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2021, 01:24:52 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 02, 2021, 01:23:38 PM
Jose was a proven winner.

Jose was obsolete.

And a demolition man.

A proven winner though....

And if that was the only qualification, he'd still be relevant at the top level.