GAA Discussion > Hurling Discussion

Hurling championship 2021

<< < (2/74) > >>

manfromdelmonte:
hurling is gone so tippy tappy

only the top few teams are good enough to do it.
much better to let the ball in early to a bit of space and give a forward a chance.

johnnycool:

--- Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 10, 2021, 03:00:10 PM ---hurling is gone so tippy tappy

much better to let the ball in early to a bit of space and give a forward a chance.

--- End quote ---

Top teams don't leave much space for forwards to operate in, hence the long range points fests we're currently experiencing.

didlyi:

--- Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 10, 2021, 03:00:10 PM ---hurling is gone so tippy tappy

--- End quote ---

You cant please everyone. Is that not hit and hope hurling that constantly gets berated around here?
Somehow I preferred it too.!

manfromdelmonte:

--- Quote from: didlyi on May 10, 2021, 05:15:58 PM ---

--- End quote ---

You cant please everyone. Is that not hit and hope hurling that constantly gets berated around here?
Somehow I preferred it too.!

--- End quote ---
Never said hit and hope.
You need intelligent delivery into forwards

I see clubs trying to play this over complicated hurling. Not every panel has the players capable of it

Milltown Row2:
Corks opening goal was a well work team effort which ran at the Waterford defence, runners coming off the shoulder and laying the ball either handpass or stick pass to the person in the better position to score, I don't see the problem with players playing to the rules and adopting their game and style of players to make it suit.

Not every team can win its own balls or spread it wide to the wings, possession is key nowadays and like basketball should you loose possession in your own half and the ball is turned over it will probably result in a score for the other team.

Cork were very good at the weekend so it'll be interesting to see how well they fair against the other big teams, Donal O'Grady back with Cork, seen him in the stands

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version