GAA Discussion > Hurling Discussion

Hurling championship 2021

<< < (74/74)

imtommygunn:
Have Ballygunner been in an all ireland final? I can't recall one. That is a serious hammering and if you think of the lesson Kilmallock gave the Cork champions too.

johnnycool:

--- Quote from: imtommygunn on January 10, 2022, 09:52:23 AM ---Have Ballygunner been in an all ireland final? I can't recall one. That is a serious hammering and if you think of the lesson Kilmallock gave the Cork champions too.

--- End quote ---

I don't think they have and Ulster teams have a good record against Waterford teams in AI semi-finals..

2018 is the last time they got out of Munster and Ballyhale beat them in the semifinal.

imtommygunn:
For the resources Ballygunner have at their disposal they really should have at least got to a final. Mount Sion were the same. Arguably you could say the same about most munster teams almost this decade bar Na Piarsiagh and then Netownshandrum who were a while ago.

Milltown Row2:
The Munster club bar NP lately have been poor sine the O'Connor days of NS....

Ballygunner have been at this stage a few times but couldnt get over the line, they are the best team left, better than Ballyhale, who have bar one game struggled, S'niel will have the fitness levels and strength to match Ballygunner and while S'niels stickwork is very good, Gunner's stickwork is a class above.

That point Gunner scored yesterday that Johnny mentioned was outstanding, I even replayed it back, said to her (who has no interest in sport) what a score! I don't think she even lifted her head!

Thomas's could beat Ballyhale, though I haven't seen them this year. Gunner to beat S'niel, but wouldn't be surprised if S'niel get past Ballygunner

imtommygunn:
Ballygunner’s antics against the tipp champions weren’t too good so wouldn’t be overly sorry seeing them beat though Hutchinson and o’Mahoney are fantastic.

Ballyhale always do enough. I couldn’t see them being beat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version