China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 23, 2021, 12:12:53 AM
What are you waiting for? More hospital admissions, longer waiting times for cancer diagnoses and surgery, more deaths, more lockdowns and businesses closed? The statistics are VERY clear that the vaccine works, but like other vaccines it has its limitations (see annual flu jab and other boosters). So what EXACTLY are you waiting for?

I'm waiting for to see what happens? There is a melt down on the way. Because of the failure of these vaccines less will take the useless booster the next time around. Covid Certs will have the same worth as Eircom Shares.

''The Emperor has no clothes''

JoG2

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 23, 2021, 01:38:00 AM
What are you waiting for? More hospital admissions, longer waiting times for cancer diagnoses and surgery, more deaths, more lockdowns and businesses closed? The statistics are VERY clear that the vaccine works, but like other vaccines it has its limitations (see annual flu jab and other boosters). So what EXACTLY are you waiting for?

I'm waiting for to see what happens? There is a melt down on the way. Because of the failure of these vaccines less will take the useless booster the next time around. Covid Certs will have the same worth as Eircom Shares.

Ask that Crystal ball does Derry win the Anglo Celt in the next few years!

trueblue1234

Failure of the vaccines? This is the spin attempted now.  Have you looked at the hospitalisation rate or death rate in vaccinated v unvaccinated? Talk me through that failure?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I don't think there is much to argue about.
Vaccines appear to lowering severity of symptoms but they are nowhere near as effective for prolonged periods as we had hoped.
What lies ahead we don't know. Preferably a better more effective vaccine as I think there is the real danger of drop off in booster uptake

RedHand88

Quote from: JoG2 on October 23, 2021, 08:00:36 AM

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 23, 2021, 09:00:37 AM
Vaccines appear to lowering severity of symptoms but they are nowhere near as effective for prolonged periods as we had hoped.
What lies ahead we don't know. Preferably a better more effective vaccine as I think there is the real danger of drop off in booster uptake
They absolutely lower it. There's no appear or discussion on it. Do they require a booster/ top up? Looking that way. Is this an issue? No. Will vaccine efficiently improve with new versions, most likely. Complaining that it doesn't do enough when there's  no alternative is nonsense.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 23, 2021, 09:24:05 AM
They absolutely lower it. There's no appear or discussion on it. Do they require a booster/ top up? Looking that way. Is this an issue? No. Will vaccine efficiently improve with new versions, most likely. Complaining that it doesn't do enough when there's  no alternative is nonsense.

You are arguing with yourself

Milltown Row2

I think we hope for a lot of things, but a reduced death count or long standing illness if you've been double vaccinated is better than doing nothing. Whether we've been sold a pup or not, the stats are showing better.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 23, 2021, 09:14:08 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 23, 2021, 08:00:36 AM

You boys are looking over your shoulders! Don't deny it  ;D

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2021, 10:42:49 AM

I think we hope for a lot of things, but a reduced death count or long standing illness if you've been double vaccinated is better than doing nothing. Whether we've been sold a pup or not, the stats are showing better.

Yep

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 23, 2021, 10:20:10 AM

Im stating facts. Engage or don't engage, but don't waste everyone's time with bs replies like that.

BennyCake

There are alternatives. They just tell us there isn't.

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on October 23, 2021, 11:35:51 AM

There are alternatives. They just tell us there isn't.
Give us a run down there.

armaghniac

This is dangerous nonsense. These are some of the best vaccines ever designed and the booster is a having very effective results in Israel and it is not yet clear how long the booster will last. There are 90 vaccines under development and this work will improve the vaccine further, either in its performance, in its longevity or in the ability to give to everyone easily. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 23, 2021, 10:59:12 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 23, 2021, 10:20:10 AM

Im stating facts. Engage or don't engage, but don't waste everyone's time with bs replies like that.

I'm agreeing with what you said and you still want to pick a fight