Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 30, 2017, 03:02:03 PM
Despite what the "cheerleaders" say I do think James McLean's interview in today's IN was hugely impressive.
He has a most impressive CV more than well equipped for the post and I struggle to find any fault.

Link?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Got a few issues with some of that tbh.

1. Starting with Dunloy my information is that JML had minimal input (If any at all) to the planning fundraising or indeed delivery of the academy.

2. The Saffron Business Forum was set up AFTER Saffron Vision came to power. Certain of that.

3. The delivery for Belfast plan. Yes I don't dispute there was initial contact made by FQ and Dr Eugene, but.....was only commissioned after an in depth report was sanctioned by new SV sub committee set up by CD. Apparently HQ welcomed the fresh and business like approach.

4. Is Jim not a member of County committee and indeed did he not sit on sub committee when Casement was closed...which begs the question, was this to do with playing our games...or was it to do with closing the Social Club which ended in court costing Antrim GAA a fortune!!

5. Finally, would the question not arise as to what deal did Jim co preside over as a part of the committee that agreed with Ulster council and the late Danny Murphy a set of terms and conditions totally not acceptable to Antrim gaels. - not even an office in the new Casement Park.

I've got a few other queries arising from that article, and whilst I'm not trying to play the man but I think people need to drill into the detail of this article before taking anything here as granted!!

Milltown Row2

All good stuff but what problems have the clubs had lately with games? Bar the div 3/4 hurling league I thought at senior level all games were played, the issue will be at juvenile level and personally I think that's down to time of year, if leagues were played off before or just after Easter we'd have the vast majority completed and lads can concentrate on their exams or xboxes after that!

What problem has there been with referees?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 30, 2017, 05:53:54 PM
Got a few issues with some of that tbh.

1. Starting with Dunloy my information is that JML had minimal input (If any at all) to the planning fundraising or indeed delivery of the academy.

2. The Saffron Business Forum was set up AFTER Saffron Vision came to power. Certain of that.

3. The delivery for Belfast plan. Yes I don't dispute there was initial contact made by FQ and Dr Eugene, but.....was only commissioned after an in depth report was sanctioned by new SV sub committee set up by CD. Apparently HQ welcomed the fresh and business like approach.

4. Is Jim not a member of County committee and indeed did he not sit on sub committee when Casement was closed...which begs the question, was this to do with playing our games...or was it to do with closing the Social Club which ended in court costing Antrim GAA a fortune!!

5. Finally, would the question not arise as to what deal did Jim co preside over as a part of the committee that agreed with Ulster council and the late Danny Murphy a set of terms and conditions totally not acceptable to Antrim gaels. - not even an office in the new Casement Park.

I've got a few other queries arising from that article, and whilst I'm not trying to play the man but I think people need to drill into the detail of this article before taking anything here as granted!!
Jeez BS that is rough in the extreme......u calling JML as one who is 'economical with the truth'....!
Hope ur reward is appropriate.

Certainly our Association 2018 is lurching violently towards the late 80s and u do remember.

Am sure your club will be suitably impressed....doubt if you are impressing many in SW or North...

Milltown Row2

Christ the night! This SW paranoia is getting out of hand..

Late 80's was a fantastic period for Antrim clubs and county teams, hopefully you're right CB

bannside

I'm not calling anybody anything CB...in fact I'm inviting you or anyone else to point out what part of what I have said is incorrect. If that happens I'll gladly acknowledge. Simple as that!

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 30, 2017, 07:08:59 PM
I'm not calling anybody anything CB...in fact I'm inviting you or anyone else to point out what part of what I have said is incorrect. If that happens I'll gladly acknowledge. Simple as that!
Will leave that to JML BS........am sure he will be in touch....

bannside

I've not the least problem with that. That being the case he can point out where I'm wrong, seeing that you can't dispute one word of what I said. Says it all really!

Galer

Bs notice you didnt have any queries about cd and tr interview the previous day.u have well and truly nailed your colours to the sv project.usually the side you canvas for comes out the wrong side of it.

bannside

Win some lose some Galer, that's life. The clubs will speak next Monday night and democracy will rule. May whatever is best for Antrim win through. I have no hidden agenda..as I said before just one voice on here, where stuff gets debated.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Galer on November 30, 2017, 09:32:12 PM
Bs notice you didnt have any queries about cd and tr interview the previous day.u have well and truly nailed your colours to the sv project.usually the side you canvas for comes out the wrong side of it.

BS has indeed nailed his colours to the mast long time and indeed he has not always been on the right side....did he canvass against the selection of our current PRO....and was he wrong in that one.

However, the question in this instance just how influential has he been in the vigorous and less than dignified canvassing.

Has he managed to bring many alongside ....?

We will see ?

Galer

Bs you may be right on current set up,but like most of us on here you also know that the 2 lads in current power can have particular agendas (yes i know they have done a lot in the last 2 years).also jmcl gave a far most honest interview
I dont know much about jmcl as i have previously stated on here but he is right that there has yo be more transparency on what they are about.my main concerns are that football will be a second best to hurling and that the sw doesnt matter.improving hurling in na and the city seems to be there main sporting goals

bannside

Wrong again CB. I didn't canvass against Sean Kelly, I didn't even know him and what a fantastic PRO he has turned out. I made it known I was pro SV and supported their bid in its entirety. You can try to mislead people I was anti Sean Kelly if you want but people can see right through that. Your deliberately playing me now instead of the subject, that's obvious, but if you want to go down that road....fair enough!

bannside

Galer, maybe the 2 lads you mention do have certain agendas, but if I don't like them make no doubt about it I will come straight out and say it. I'm a free agent, always will be.