Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

So D-Day is here. Home from work and weins to bed early and watch the Twitter feed all night!!!

bannside

Just read the convention preview in today's Irish News. What childish jibberish from the paid one to say the least.

Surely he should be able to come up with something better than this claptrap about not even all the All Stars come from the one team bullshit.

Frankie how about "Great to see some genuine interest in executive positions for a change".

Would that really have been too difficult?

bannside

From my own personal perspective good luck to every volunteer who has allowed their name to go forward at tonights convention. If some don't get the position they aspire to then hopefully they will still be big enough to offer their allegiance in whatever capacity suits their skillset.

No matter what the final composition is hopefully we have a county management committee that can truly represent our interests properly, not only in county matters but at Ulster and National level too.

One way or another this needs to be the start of a brighter future for the next generation of Antrim Gaels.

culchie11

brendan a bit of false talk on your behalf, as saffron vision has not been to every club in the county, they may have made a phone call but have not visited every club. it was the backroom team for saffron vision that went against a rule of thumb in gaa that you do not canvass for positions but sure what does that matter. but sure tell everyone what they want to hear. no media campaign u say lol who was it that released a statement initially to clubs, which then amazingly appeared in the papers?! but sure no one from saffron vision prompted them to do so. u mentioned previously about working with the other candidate in a pro comm. so why would you then slate him for promoting himself?!

bannside, im surprised your club didnt forward u on a copy of the convention booklet that was emailed 2 weeks ago. pity u had to read it in todays paper to know what the annual reports say.

anyway, the clubs will vote tonight & we will have a new county management at the end of it. fair play to those who get the votes from the clubs.

bannside

You'll be there yourself Culchie lol. Expect the old "keyboard warriors" will get an annual touch even though half the board are on here themselves or have got a chum or two to throw in the odd nugget of wisdom.

I'm more interested in tomorrow's papers tbh.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on December 07, 2015, 12:11:22 PM
You'll be there yourself Culchie lol. Expect the old "keyboard warriors" will get an annual touch even though half the board are on here themselves or have got a chum or two to throw in the odd nugget of wisdom.

I'm more interested in tomorrow's papers tbh.

I doubt they actually post but are very good at telling half truths.. or what I have mainly heard (coming back to me that is) a lot of things taken out of context....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

can some of use keep us updated here as to what happens at it?
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

I doubt too many papers will have this tomorrow bs. Maybe a titbit in the irish news and coverage in the county antrim post / andytown news !

bannside

I'm sure we will get a full report before then ITG. Big night in store and lots at stake, not just for us oul boys, who are hoping to be around to see an Antrim we are wholly proud of, punching it's weight.... but for the next generation. That might sound a bit dramatic but honestly that's how I see it.

imtommygunn

Your optimism is great bs. I admire it. Hope it's well founded!

paddyjohn

Collie Donnelly new county chairman..

bannside

bannside

bannside

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera