Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyHarp

Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud has died of breast cancer, only 39. Very sad.
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 05, 2021, 02:50:14 PM
Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud has died of breast cancer, only 39. Very sad.

No age at all.  She said in March the cancer had advanced to "other parts" of her body and that the disease was terminal and that she wouldn't see another Christmas. Sadly she was right RIP.

RedHand88

Desperate. Didn't even make it to 40.

Hound

Saffrongael

Michael K Williams AKA Omar from The Wire
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

BennyHarp

Michael K Williams - The Wire is still probably my favourite series of all time and Omar Little one of its best characters. RIP
That was never a square ball!!

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 06, 2021, 09:40:55 PM
Michael K Williams - The Wire is still probably my favourite series of all time and Omar Little one of its best characters. RIP

Brilliant as Omar on The Wire and equally as good as Chalky in Boardwalk Empire.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 06, 2021, 09:40:55 PM
I would agree on both  counts ,

quit yo jibbajabba

Just tipped into a few over the weekend on sky atlantic. Still quality. Omar was in court stitchin a guy up. No fcuks given lol. Was considering watching it again for the third run through.

Great character in a great show

Main Street

Sad news, he had his ongoing issues with substance abuse. Those were the days when Omar ambled down a Baltimore ghetto street with a double barrel shotgun slung over his shoulder calling out the cowering dealers.

seafoid

Jean Paul Belmondo

Won a Leinster subs medal with Longford in 196
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thewobbler

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 06, 2021, 11:30:09 PM
Just tipped into a few over the weekend on sky atlantic. Still quality. Omar was in court stitchin a guy up. No fcuks given lol. Was considering watching it again for the third run through.

Great character in a great show

Back during the writer's strike, when tv went onto a pause and shows finished up early, I found myself wondering were these things not written long in advance, and do they really do significant  rewrites during a season.

Then I heard that Omar was never meant to be a central character in the Wire; he was just designed for a bit part role in S1. When the show runners realised they'd unearthed a character/actor that was something special, he became a central cog in every series. He absolutely stole the screen when he appeared, and it's impossible to imagine the Wire being the multi dimensional masterpiece it became, without also being seen through his eyes.