Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 22, 2021, 09:06:17 AM
Played in April - May directly after the intercounty U20 competition and long before senior club football gets serious. Two groups of 6 with top 2 in each going into semi finals. This years format of 1 going through created all the dead rubber games.
I don't just write on here btw I know this has been proposed to the relevant people, our club will also be proposing it at Antrim convention.
That ok for you?

If you'd have followed up in the same post with your proposals then that could have been discussed, saying it was a farce and leaving it at that won't attempt to fix the problem. The dates are won't help, If i was studying for college or school exams then my concentration would be on those unfortunately.

Its the timing, fixing it during the calendar year is the hardest part. straight knockout 2 competitions, A level and a B level.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2021, 09:29:28 AM
Played in April - May directly after the intercounty U20 competition and long before senior club football gets serious. Two groups of 6 with top 2 in each going into semi finals. This years format of 1 going through created all the dead rubber games.
I don't just write on here btw I know this has been proposed to the relevant people, our club will also be proposing it at Antrim convention.
That ok for you?

If you'd have followed up in the same post with your proposals then that could have been discussed, saying it was a farce and leaving it at that won't attempt to fix the problem. The dates are won't help, If i was studying for college or school exams then my concentration would be on those unfortunately.

Its the timing, fixing it during the calendar year is the hardest part. straight knockout 2 competitions, A level and a B level.
Sorry Mr Admin, I replied but it was in a 2nd post 10 mins later when you asked.

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2021, 08:55:39 AM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 22, 2021, 08:02:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2021, 12:00:37 AM
Quote from: Flanker on November 21, 2021, 11:40:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2021, 11:12:01 PM
How did Glenravel do at minor level with this squad?
Beat by StBridgids after ET I think.
Won u14 & u16 sw A with that age group
Had a few LG  & Glen's lads most have now dropped out to focus on small ball

So no mugs, they have developed well then, I haven't seen them in fairness, Cargin, st Brid's  were the stand out teams back then. Tir na Og were pretty decent this year also, but the Con's won well in that game.

Not sure how we'll fair. But bonus territory
Bonus territory! that's a good one. All we've been reading about in the media is this great St Galls U20 squad. 2-3 articles in the Saffron Gael as well as comments by St Galls senior manager. Fair play to the 2 teams getting to the final but the competition itself and the format have been a farce. Hopefully lessons learned for 2022.

When you have time, I'd like to hear your format, and timing of the competition in the calendar year, no good saying its a farce and lesson to be learned if you haven't something to follow it up, who knows who looks in here

BTW the best team I seen this year at that level was Tir na Og, they were dispatched by Glenravel, If I was a betting man Glenravel would be favs

Didn't help 2 Tír na nÓg men getting the line in that game.....should have won otherwise.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 24, 2021, 12:38:41 PM
That ok for you?

Sorry Mr Admin, I replied but it was in a 2nd post 10 mins later when you asked.

That's ok, I'll let you off this time! Looking around the other counties, where does the under 20 competition work?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2021, 01:09:04 PM
That ok for you?

That's ok, I'll let you off this time! Looking around the other counties, where does the under 20 competition work?

Derry is running at the moment. They ran an u18.5 competition mid summer which helped bridge the gap.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffsof82 on November 24, 2021, 01:26:43 PM
That ok for you?

Derry is running at the moment. They ran an u18.5 competition mid summer which helped bridge the gap.

Would 13 aside help?

Points a Good Score

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2021, 01:36:49 PM
That ok for you?

Would 13 aside help?

13 a side would be a massive help.

Scheduling also was it a much more difficult but to crack. Possibly a pre senior league tournament in March time. Trying to play it alongside senior championships this year was non sensical. Teams having an U20 game on a Saturday with an Adult Championship game with a large crossover of players was always going to see the U20 game conceded

Milltown Row2

Just seen a under 19 C championship final in Galway on my FB page, final must have been at the weekend, some similar dates just a different age group

JimStynes

The u20 competition should have been scrapped. We had games called off and scheduled for the same time and day as our senior championship times. Surely that's not fair.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 24, 2021, 05:51:45 PM
The u20 competition should have been scrapped. We had games called off and scheduled for the same time and day as our senior championship times. Surely that's not fair.
You've  won enough this year, let the minnows have a chance!!

Calm Down

Did you not fancy the 'B' championship final in the end up MR2 or did you fear for your safety going down to Cargin?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on November 24, 2021, 08:00:23 PM
Did you not fancy the 'B' championship final in the end up MR2 or did you fear for your safety going down to Cargin?

Match was fixed for Sunday, was changed for some reason, unfortunately I'd lunch with my mum and sisters arranged weeks ago.

I'll be up in Cargin no doubt first match of the year, they've only lost one game I've  been in charge, I'd be their lucky charm

Saffsof82

Quote from: Points a Good Score on November 24, 2021, 03:58:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2021, 01:36:49 PM
That ok for you?

Would 13 aside help?

13 a side would be a massive help.

Scheduling also was it a much more difficult but to crack. Possibly a pre senior league tournament in March time. Trying to play it alongside senior championships this year was non sensical. Teams having an U20 game on a Saturday with an Adult Championship game with a large crossover of players was always going to see the U20 game conceded

Does March-April not be the time the county u20 competition runs?
Not an easy problem to fix as you say with scheduling

Belfast GAA man

casement held up by residents again!!!!!!
Any good new out there for city gaels?
looks like Gaelfast is drifting out to SW again think i saw them at randalstown recently

geezer

Reading the irish news there about casement. I completely understand where the residents are coming from and why they are opposed to it. Would antrim ever consider changing location? It has became farcical the length of time it has taken and it doesnt seem to be getting any further to being built. Maybe consider building it around antrim/Randalstown areas as central to everyone?

Just for the record i want it built where its at. Absolutely loved playing and watching games there and was always a great buzz when antrim played in championship, those days were hard to beat.