Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calm Down

McDonald and Laverty I agree, but I can help but feel that is your refs union head by applying that across the board with the other one

EOC1923

It took us a while but we've moved on, now MR2 you really need to let the semi final go. Your fortnight in the limelight is over.
Good luck to all today, best thing for me will be the young gaels from each clubs, faces painted, flags in hand, bursting with pride, the players of the future. Let's hope it's a real spectacle for everyone to enjoy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 14, 2021, 09:52:56 AM
It took us a while but we've moved on, now MR2 you really need to let the semi final go. Your fortnight in the limelight is over.
Good luck to all today, best thing for me will be the young gaels from each clubs, faces painted, flags in hand, bursting with pride, the players of the future. Let's hope it's a real spectacle for everyone to enjoy.

It wasn't me asking the questions btw.

As for limelight I've absolutely no idea what you're on about. My last posts have been about the final, or am I not allowed to post here?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Good luck to the both teams in the Cash Converters Champiosnhip Final - SW |£100,000s investment is clearly paying off - sour grapes or facts i let u decide

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2021, 09:10:47 AM
Hopefully both teams slept well last night. Tactics and match ups picked, pitch in great nick and should be a dry day.  Best officials ready, stewards ready for an onslaught at the end!

There won't be penalties today, just in case it's level after extra time. Replay following week.

Jerseys sorted I hope for today, maybe next year Creggan will invest in an away strip ;)

No excuses at the end from both teams, going to record the game and watch it back as sometimes the reports afterwards can be misleading.

Best of luck to both teams, I'll be cheering for good play
Yeah no reference to the semi final you refereed here at all.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 14, 2021, 10:30:09 AM
Good luck to the both teams in the Cash Converters Champiosnhip Final - SW |£100,000s investment is clearly paying off - sour grapes or facts i let u decide
Your day will surely come.....put your own sturdy shoulder to the wheel of management within your own secretive club....a championship just around the corner...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 14, 2021, 10:32:25 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2021, 09:10:47 AM
Hopefully both teams slept well last night. Tactics and match ups picked, pitch in great nick and should be a dry day.  Best officials ready, stewards ready for an onslaught at the end!

There won't be penalties today, just in case it's level after extra time. Replay following week.

Jerseys sorted I hope for today, maybe next year Creggan will invest in an away strip ;)

No excuses at the end from both teams, going to record the game and watch it back as sometimes the reports afterwards can be misleading.

Best of luck to both teams, I'll be cheering for good play
Yeah no reference to the semi final you refereed here at all.

None
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Comprehensive win in the end it looked like. Well done Creggan. It'll be interesting to see what they do in ulster.

quit yo jibbajabba

"THEYLL DO NUTTIN"

- Conor McGregor, live from Dublin

stiffler

Congratulations Creggan. Wet conditions suited bigger team. Full value for the win.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

JimStynes

Well done Creggan. A great club who deserved their win today. No complaints. It'll be a good game to watch how they go against Clann Eireann.

country bumpkin

Well done Creggan, onwards and upwards on the Ulster way...

EOC1923

Milltown Row2

Creggan so steady in their play, no taking chances, scoring easier, winning turnovers and played the game at their pace.

Few things, Aghnagallon played way too deep, protecting space in front of your fullback line is good if the team you are playing against are a goal threat, Creggan are not that team, Creggans sweeper didn't only pick up the loose ball in defence he linked up with play and for me was Creggan's best player.

Creggan's use of the goal keeper was good, on kick outs he picked a side which limited the opposition number from putting ball down that wing.

As for the conditions, the pitch was in good nick, the ball was wet, being big doesn't make the ball stick in your hands better, a lot of handling errors created lots of turn overs also.

All that said, had that goal chance went in late on and the point they scored straight after you were looking at a one point game!! As it was, the goal line clearance and mistake by the keeper gave the score line a healthy look for Creggan.

Great season for both teams btw, I'd say Aghnagallon are probably 2 years early from regularly appearing in semis and finals.

On the half time draw, I'd the winning number... different colour apparently  :D

EOC1923

Great refereeing today I thought, every foul blown fair play to Colm and his officials. Game refereed by the book great to see