Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

No one said Aghagallon were picked on or unlucky.
Aghagallon didn't have an issue with discipline either, what people were saying was that Aghagallon got boys sent off and LD didn't, in not just one game but two in fact, and that the ref made a mess of it and is becoming the norm in these big games involving these clubs.

Belfast GAA man

is there bad blood between these clubs?????

Sportacus

Quote from: JimStynes on September 03, 2021, 01:05:31 PM
Quote from: BealnaBlath on September 03, 2021, 10:20:12 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 02, 2021, 03:51:25 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 02, 2021, 03:34:17 PM
Was I watching the Same match? LD weren't only to blame surely. Aghagallon seemed to try and boot the Murray with the yellow hair out of the match all night . The Aghagallon boys who got sent off deserved it though maybe the ref or linesmen didn't see a LD aggression in the melee but that doesnt mean the Aghagallon boys were innocent
He deserved a good booting for dying his hair blonde in the first place, he's about 30 and he's up to that carry on.
Agree with the above as well, referee was shocking and linesmen were just as bad. Blinkers on all night and afraid to show LD men cards. Seems to be one rule for the big clubs and another for the rest

Referee seemed to be very consistent and the two commentators alluded to this. I thought he was decent too, the black card to Murray was deserved and didn't seem to be afraid to give a card in that situation?

The same player (Murray) seemed to be on the end of constant off the ball. Jerome and Caoimhe Morgan were very diplomatic but made it quite obvious in a round about away. The number 2 should have been off well before he was. I believe the first game he was also very lucky that no lineman were watching as not once did he look at the ball for 60 mins (a rival from the same group assures me this was the case).

The melee at the end seemed to be caused by a wrestling match between forward/defender, then the young lad Number 15 for Agh ran a serious distance to spark a melee.. The melee continued and I'm sure both teams were no angels, probably difficult to make out. 2 yellow cards handed out between both teams ( one ended up being a second it seemed).. Young number 15 then struck again after the melee had ended by the looks of the video, which explains his red.

Looked like two good teams going at it with a very boisterous crowd, team with the better discipline and experience got over the line on the night. Think this Agh team have serious potential and wouldn't be surprised to see the two meet again further in comp if Agh concentrate on playing football. LD seem to be easy target in this case because of their notoriety as one of the bigger clubs. They didn't react to the obvious targeting of their multiple star county players. Still don't think they have enough though, Creggan or Cargin. Hopefully more games online so we can see everyone and get better call as to should be putting the money on with Paddy Power 😊

That's definitely not the way I saw things and the 4 neutrals I was standing beside. I literally watched Murray punching a young fella in the stomach and then jumped to the ground holding his face. Not a finger put on him but from turning round it would look like he got stabbed. The melee at the end was started when one of the young subs was wrestled to the ground and punched a few times and boys jumped in to help him. The linesman needed to notice some of these incident and put a stop to it. The boys I was standing beside play in Division 1 in Armagh and a couple are on the county team. They were laughing and saying how do these boys play county together and how was half the teams not sent off by linesmen and umpires. The ref made a few stupid calls but he would have needed eyes in the back of his head to see all the wee niggly incidents. I actually didn't think it was that bad until the last 20 mins and even that was just more handbags than anything. All the nonsense aside the more experienced LD team deserved the win against a young Aghagallon outfit.
Holy moly, people from other counties looking down at us. Must be a one off.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 03, 2021, 04:43:22 PM
Aghagallon didn't have an issue with discipline either, what people were saying was that Aghagallon got boys sent off and LD didn't, in not just one game but two in fact, and that the ref made a mess of it and is becoming the norm in these big games involving these clubs.

Player openly said he punched player in the stomach after being told to stop messing about and gets sent off is not difficult. What happened prior to that is up for debate as it wasn't seen.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

On that video there's some amount of LD back room men on the line/pitch throughout the match.  And some amount of them running about in the middle of the melee as well.  Aghagallon May have had too many as well but it's harder to see.

Does anyone know are there rules to control the number of back room people allowed on a sideline? If that linesman was getting it in the ear from them all night then I wouldn't be surprised if it affected his decision making, he's only human.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2021, 06:14:54 PM

Player openly said he punched player in the stomach after being told to stop messing about and gets sent off is not difficult. What happened prior to that is up for debate as it wasn't seen.
This is what I'm talking about.
Funny you or your umpire didn't see CMs headbutt and strike that caused the retaliation. Just Aghagallons. Gotcha.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 03, 2021, 06:25:00 PM

Funny you or your umpire didn't see CMs headbutt and strike that caused the retaliation. Just Aghagallons. Gotcha.

How is the ref going to see that?  The umpire said they were have some argy bargy. You got it right he retaliated and got caught. Now if you're more disciplined they havevwon that game and been in the quarters.

Can't teach stupid 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2021, 07:08:35 PM

How is the ref going to see that?  The umpire said they were have some argy bargy. You got it right he retaliated and got caught. Now if you're more disciplined they havevwon that game and been in the quarters.

Can't teach stupid
So one was seen and the other wasn't. Gotcha. Seems to be a pattern here

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 03, 2021, 07:11:49 PM

Can't teach stupid

The lad took his medicine and comes across like a nice fella. It's a petty he bought that one, play the ball and you can't get sent off.

Again you can't teach stupid.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2021, 07:34:02 PM

Can't teach stupid

The lad took his medicine and comes across like a nice fella. It's a petty he bought that one, play the ball and you can't get sent off.

Ok. So it's "he bought that one" now.  ;D
Perpetrators allowed to do what they do.
It would appear if you play the man you can't get sent off either.
You can't teach stupid is right.

Milltown Row2

delgany

Quote from: Sportacus on September 03, 2021, 06:21:57 PM
On that video there's some amount of LD back room men on the line/pitch throughout the match.  And some amount of them running about in the middle of the melee as well.  Aghagallon May have had too many as well but it's harder to see.

Does anyone know are there rules to control the number of back room people allowed on a sideline? If that linesman was getting it in the ear from them all night then I wouldn't be surprised if it affected his decision making, he's only human.

Your can have a maximum of 7 ( manager/ coaches/ medics/ stats)  on the sideline plus 2 club  officials.
Maximun match day panel is 32 !

Sportacus

Thanks.  Surprised it's as many as 9 non players on the sideline.  Bit of a recipe for problems.  I assume none are allowed on the pitch during a melee!

Milltown Row2

I don't think the rules have changed on melee's, it's always been against the rules

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 03, 2021, 07:41:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2021, 07:34:02 PM

Can't teach stupid

Ok. So it's "he bought that one" now.  ;D
Perpetrators allowed to do what they do.
It would appear if you play the man you can't get sent off either.
You can't teach stupid is right.
time to dry your eyes and move on ! U r still in championship