Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 02, 2021, 03:51:25 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 02, 2021, 03:34:17 PM
Was I watching the Same match? LD weren't only to blame surely. Aghagallon seemed to try and boot the Murray with the yellow hair out of the match all night . The Aghagallon boys who got sent off deserved it though maybe the ref or linesmen didn't see a LD aggression in the melee but that doesnt mean the Aghagallon boys were innocent
He deserved a good booting for dying his hair blonde in the first place, he's about 30 and he's up to that carry on.
Agree with the above as well, referee was shocking and linesmen were just as bad. Blinkers on all night and afraid to show LD men cards. Seems to be one rule for the big clubs and another for the rest
Did LD not get the only black card of the night? the Aghagallon sendings off were when the match was as good as over. Yes LD got off light at melee but Aghagallon targeted both Murrays all match which is a bit ironic there brother is managing Aghagallon  ::)

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 02, 2021, 04:24:04 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 02, 2021, 03:51:25 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 02, 2021, 03:34:17 PM
Was I watching the Same match? LD weren't only to blame surely. Aghagallon seemed to try and boot the Murray with the yellow hair out of the match all night . The Aghagallon boys who got sent off deserved it though maybe the ref or linesmen didn't see a LD aggression in the melee but that doesnt mean the Aghagallon boys were innocent
He deserved a good booting for dying his hair blonde in the first place, he's about 30 and he's up to that carry on.
Agree with the above as well, referee was shocking and linesmen were just as bad. Blinkers on all night and afraid to show LD men cards. Seems to be one rule for the big clubs and another for the rest
Did LD not get the only black card of the night? the Aghagallon sendings off were when the match was as good as over. Yes LD got off light at melee but Aghagallon targeted both Murrays all match which is a bit ironic there brother is managing Aghagallon  ::)
Yes, and? His trip when Aghagallon player was in on goal at the end merited a card and therefore a red, but got neither. Showed the officials were afraid to send LD boys off is all.

Belfast GAA man

r u not Allowed to go up the country on a wed night and beat a SW team any mor? sour grapes wine

Dreen

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 02, 2021, 04:42:11 PM
r u not Allowed to go up the country on a wed night and beat a SW team any mor? sour grapes wine

Can't really be classed as up the country that trip, though the direction was South West right enough

ck

No sour grapes. People are simply calling out the fact that LD have a reputation that proceeds them. Off the ball antics, late tackles and intimidation stunts from the line. Weak referees get intimidated. It's a stain on Antrim football and has been for a long time. Fact.

Calm Down

Weak referees or those who just happen to be buddies of the men who do the appointments who happen to be LD men??

In all seriousness not an easy game to do with all the off the ball stuff and I would have hoped for more assistance for the lines

Quote from: ck on September 02, 2021, 05:02:51 PM

No sour grapes. People are simply calling out the fact that LD have a reputation that proceeds them. Off the ball antics, late tackles and intimidation stunts from the line. Weak referees get intimidated. It's a stain on Antrim football and has been for a long time. Fact.

Sportacus

We're in a spiral as regards refs.  They take dogs abuse from the sidelines so I'm sure a lot of good men have walked away or wouldn't go near  it.  So you're left with a small pool and as they make more and more unexplainable decisions they just get more and more abuse and the spiral continues and you end up with more and more poor refs or weak refs who haven't the bottle to make the right calls.

At the championship games I've been to this year the refereeing has been mind boggling bad, lots of decisions which make absolutely no sense, and most of the rows have been preceded by bad decisions which wind everyone up. 

It would take strong leadership to review Jerome's video and sanction LD and address it with the ref, but we've never seen it before so I'm afraid we're stuck with our current lot.  No wonder we're a County who the outside look down at.

rogercasement

Quote from: ck on September 02, 2021, 12:49:15 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on September 01, 2021, 10:38:40 PM
Assuming pg1 beat Ahoghill is a hell of an assumption going on what I saw tonight.

What has happened the Casements??

I am not entirely sure, I think much was made of league performances and hype believed! Show great passages of football and then do something basic wrong. Hard to put my finger on in, missed Dermot obviously. Definitely wouldn't class us as a top 6 team at the min.

breakingball

Quote from: Calm Down on September 02, 2021, 05:12:49 PM
Weak referees or those who just happen to be buddies of the men who do the appointments who happen to be LD men??

In all seriousness not an easy game to do with all the off the ball stuff and I would have hoped for more assistance for the lines

Who were the linesmen?

Calm Down

One was conal roberts I think and I am not sure who the other was

Quote from: breakingball on September 02, 2021, 05:43:33 PM

Who were the linesmen?

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Calm Down on September 02, 2021, 05:47:32 PM
One was conal roberts I think and I am not sure who the other was

Quote from: breakingball on September 02, 2021, 05:43:33 PM

Who were the linesmen?
The baldy boy from Antrim Paul burns I think

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 02, 2021, 05:59:47 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on September 02, 2021, 05:25:28 PM
We're in a spiral as regards refs.  They take dogs abuse from the sidelines so I'm sure a lot of good men have walked away or wouldn't go near  it.  So you're left with a small pool and as they make more and more unexplainable decisions they just get more and more abuse and the spiral continues and you end up with more and more poor refs or weak refs who haven't the bottle to make the right calls.

At the championship games I've been to this year the refereeing has been mind boggling bad, lots of decisions which make absolutely no sense, and most of the rows have been preceded by bad decisions which wind everyone up. 

It would take strong leadership to review Jerome's video and sanction LD and address it with the ref, but we've never seen it before so I'm afraid we're stuck with our current lot.  No wonder we're a County who the outside look down at.
There are many reasons why an outsider may look down on our county but I doubt this is one of them. Indiscipline and brushing things under the carpet would be as prevalent, if not more so, in other counties as it is in Antrim.
Anyway, poor Aghagallon. Such a naive, pure footballing bunch. I hope this doesn't put them off.
Another one missing the point. Aghagallon were the ones with the red cards and were the ones "targeting" other players. Yet you'd think LD were the hard lads and Aghagallon did nothing about it ;D

Milltown Row2

Course starts in January lads, some amount of refs and experts about today, so hopefully that'll increase the panel
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 02, 2021, 05:59:47 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on September 02, 2021, 05:25:28 PM

There are many reasons why an outsider may look down on our county but I doubt this is one of them. Indiscipline and brushing things under the carpet would be as prevalent, if not more so, in other counties as it is in Antrim.
Anyway, poor Aghagallon. Such a naive, pure footballing bunch. I hope this doesn't put them off.
A: good to see you acknowledge the County is guilty of brushing things under the carpet;
B: if you can demonstrate with evidence what goes on in other counties or to what extent then it would be useful to see it for context;
and
C: two wrongs never made a right - shouldn't even need to be said.