Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Where are the Johnston's at for St Johns? I don't see them in the football or hurling these days,

ck

Quote from: rogercasement on September 01, 2021, 10:38:40 PM
Assuming pg1 beat Ahoghill is a hell of an assumption going on what I saw tonight.

What has happened the Casements??

whatwillbwillb

Disgusting scenes at the LD v Aghagallon game last night, extremely disappointing performance from MO'N as well as players I just hope the video is properly viewed and all that need dealt with are penalised accordingly.

Calm Down

MON?

I would be more concerned with the LD line management, subs and fans on the pitch for the melee!! For a game streamed live it was embarrassing

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 02, 2021, 01:38:28 PM
Disgusting scenes at the LD v Aghagallon game last night, extremely disappointing performance from MO'N as well as players I just hope the video is properly viewed and all that need dealt with are penalised accordingly.

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: Calm Down on September 02, 2021, 01:55:47 PM
MON?

I would be more concerned with the LD line management, subs and fans on the pitch for the melee!! For a game streamed live it was embarrassing

Referee

EOC1923

MON?

At end of 64th minute a LD player gets tackled and no joke 8 LD mentors enter the field to antagonise and protest. All the Maor Foirne nonsense is gone now thank god. I believe there is supposed to be a Manager on the side line and everyone else back in the dugout. Terry McCrudden senior seemed like he was playing wing half back he was on the field constantly. Surely this is on the referee, stop the game and don't start it again until managements follow the rules.

Calm Down

I do agree it is on the ref to an extent, however I do note he had two official linesmen who didn't do much to control it. It is incumbent on the CB to give strict guidance to each club to do with men on the line and then sanction them if they fail to stick to these

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 02, 2021, 02:27:46 PM
MON?

At end of 64th minute a LD player gets tackled and no joke 8 LD mentors enter the field to antagonise and protest. All the Maor Foirne nonsense is gone now thank god. I believe there is supposed to be a Manager on the side line and everyone else back in the dugout. Terry McCrudden senior seemed like he was playing wing half back he was on the field constantly. Surely this is on the referee, stop the game and don't start it again until managements follow the rules.

Mickey Linden

Strange strange refereeing in the LD match. How he sent 2 Aghagallon players off during the melee with the whole LD team and backroom staff ill never know and gave LD a solitary yellow.

Have read this thread over the past few weeks and I do understand that its def not an easy job to be the man in the middle and I do admire their commitment. However, this game was shown on facebook live so many in the county and beyond would have seen it. Is there any accountability for a refs performance when there are so many clear and obvious decisions he got completely wrong?

whatwillbwillb

Before all the soothsayers come on the soap box about Referees this and that, he had a poor game and let himself be bullied all night, just watch the video and lack of rule implementation throughout the game, which is what he is there for after all. Didn't deal with a lot of big calls that would have indicated to both clubs that he's in control both of the game and player welfare.

Mickey Linden

Also agree with the linesmen. Not sure what their role is? They gave no support to the ref all night. not sure if there were dug outs for the LD subs but if there were the linesman may as well have taken a seat in it

ck

Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 02, 2021, 02:44:29 PM
Strange strange refereeing in the LD match. How he sent 2 Aghagallon players off during the melee with the whole LD team and backroom staff ill never know and gave LD a solitary yellow.

Have read this thread over the past few weeks and I do understand that its def not an easy job to be the man in the middle and I do admire their commitment. However, this game was shown on facebook live so many in the county and beyond would have seen it. Is there any accountability for a refs performance when there are so many clear and obvious decisions he got completely wrong?

Lamh Dearg bullying and harassing referees? Never!  :P
It's what they do and yes I noted the many backroom team on the pitch intimidating and influencing proceedings last night. Again!
This stuff needs stopped as in Antrim it's the same few clubs at it the whole time!! We can all name them. Why? Because they get away with it and it's swept under the carpet.

The video should be used to suspend them. Oh let me guess?.. Those LD influencers on the county board will ensure that there is 'nothing to see here'.

Belfast GAA man

Was I watching the Same match? LD weren't only to blame surely. Aghagallon seemed to try and boot the Murray with the yellow hair out of the match all night . The Aghagallon boys who got sent off deserved it though maybe the ref or linesmen didn't see a LD aggression in the melee but that doesnt mean the Aghagallon boys were innocent

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 02, 2021, 03:34:17 PM
Was I watching the Same match? LD weren't only to blame surely. Aghagallon seemed to try and boot the Murray with the yellow hair out of the match all night . The Aghagallon boys who got sent off deserved it though maybe the ref or linesmen didn't see a LD aggression in the melee but that doesnt mean the Aghagallon boys were innocent
He deserved a good booting for dying his hair blonde in the first place, he's about 30 and he's up to that carry on.
Agree with the above as well, referee was shocking and linesmen were just as bad. Blinkers on all night and afraid to show LD men cards. Seems to be one rule for the big clubs and another for the rest

JimStynes

The stuff off the ball that the camera didn't see is the bit that was worrying. Dark arts on full display by LD last night. A few of the neutrals at the game couldn't believe the carryon at times. Ryan Murray hit a fella off the ball in full view of supporters and fella down holding his face. Even some of the LD supporters were embarrassed with that one. Same with the melee that led to the sending off. There was a young 18 year getting a hiding on the ground and then players ran in and started the melee. Referee lost complete control.

Man Marker

Sounds like LD knew Aghagallon would lie down when bullied.