Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Let's agree to disagree, you obviously didn't read when I said referees have bad games.

But for me disciple is how I went with management, 15 players on the pitch and discipline in the tackle is the way forward, why you would get involved in an off the ball scenario  or red card offence is beyond me. Lose a player you lose a match.

At senior level, championship, tackles and emotions are at the max, you'd prefer non contact sport and that's fine, I prefer to let lads get familiar and once things settle down we can play hurling/football.

Not every tackle is a foul btw

Referee bashing is popular at the minute, supporters management and players.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Quote from: bannside on August 22, 2021, 03:06:10 PM
The ref on Friday night did not get Portglenone beaten as original fellow club poster said. We simply kicked ourselves out of it, missed to many clear cut chances that would have put the game to bed. Ahoghill punished that, and deserve credit for coming back strong, as they have done before. As big Hoof says, they have made this kind of victory against the odds an art form for a decade.

Sometimes you are on the right side of these encounters, sometimes on the wrong side. It's what keeps us coming back and makes our games what they are.

This group is wide open, all have won one and lost one!

Yes this is pretty much the analysis of it bang on.  Well said.
Why did Casements not have big McKeever playing?

bannside

Just a precaution CK. Will be ready for the return legs hopefully. Dermot a huge loss though he has been going really well this year. Typical of Dermot to go for a 30/70 ball, not blaming Ahoghill player at all, it would have been the same had it been the other way around!

ck

Quote from: bannside on August 25, 2021, 01:16:14 PM
Just a precaution CK. Will be ready for the return legs hopefully. Dermot a huge loss though he has been going really well this year. Typical of Dermot to go for a 30/70 ball, not blaming Ahoghill player at all, it would have been the same had it been the other way around!

I wish Dermot well. So unfortunate. A fantastic player!

Belfast GAA man

heating up a bit in senior champ tonight I' d say - Johnnies Rossa should be fireworks and LD Aghagallion could go either way
Hope Moneyglass get a few scores this time against MoneyCargin

toby47

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 01, 2021, 02:58:34 PM
heating up a bit in senior champ tonight I' d say - Johnnies Rossa should be fireworks and LD Aghagallion could go either way

As a neutral what would be a better game to go to. St Galls v Creggan or Johnnies vs Rossa?

JimStynes

Quote from: toby47 on September 01, 2021, 03:32:26 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 01, 2021, 02:58:34 PM

As a neutral what would be a better game to go to. St Galls v Creggan or Johnnies vs Rossa?

Rossa and St John's. Or take a spin to the Aghagallon and LD game.

imtommygunn

Ld aghagallon on Facebook live.

imtommygunn

Some turnaround for st brigids beating portglenone after the beating they took first time. Creggan seem to have the measure of st galls handy enough. I only saw st endas won well apart from that.

imtommygunn

Rossa beat St. John's too. Good turnaround for them. Some of those groups seem tight enough.

JimStynes

LD beat Aghagallon handy enough in the end.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 01, 2021, 08:40:06 PM
Rossa beat St. John's too. Good turnaround for them. Some of those groups seem tight enough.
looks like that one will go to points Difference if im reading it right
|think MoneyCargin and Creggan only teams through so far

breakingball

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 01, 2021, 10:06:01 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 01, 2021, 08:40:06 PM
looks like that one will go to points Difference if im reading it right
|think MoneyCargin and Creggan only teams through so far

Group 1: Cargin top, joined by whoever beats moneyglass by more between st johns or rossa
Group 2: st brigids top, portglenone 2nd assuming they both beat ahoghill
Group 3: Any 2 from lamh dhearg/ st endas / aghagallon
Group 4: Creggan top, st galls second

Quarter finals
cargin v st galls
creggan v st johns / rossa
st brigids v lamh dhearg/ st endas / aghagallon
portglenone v lamh dhearg / st endas / aghagallon

cargin into the semis, with the other 3 up for grabs

rogercasement

Assuming pg1 beat Ahoghill is a hell of an assumption going on what I saw tonight.

breakingball

Quote from: rogercasement on September 01, 2021, 10:38:40 PM
Assuming pg1 beat Ahoghill is a hell of an assumption going on what I saw tonight.

bad? long way to go and that half of the draw wide open