Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Give £argin the trophy now? nothing to touch them in BElfast

rogercasement

Undoubtedly the worst refereeing performance ever seen! Hadn't nerve to send yellow carded players off. We were shocking so shouldn't have to bring ref into it! He cost us approx 4 pts.

rogercasement

Very true. We were scared to kick the ball over the bar!

ck

Quote from: rogercasement on August 20, 2021, 10:57:14 PM
Very true. We were scared to kick the ball over the bar!

Terrific analysis here I see. ...but of course it was all the refs fault.  ::)

rogercasement

You will have noticed where I said we were shocking and wouldn't kick for scores. Whilst being awful we would have won by 2/3 had the laws been applied properly!

Dunsilly King

How do Casements go from hammering St Brigids by 14 to getting bt by a v poor Ahoghill team by 1pt. It's obviously no fluke as they did it last season to. Won't help their development. Dermots injury a serious blow. I'll say nothing about the ref, seen him to often 🤡

Hoof Hearted

Don't know much about ahoghill but no matter how bad a league campaign they have, every year they always seem to have a big performance or 2 in them, whether it's like last night or to stay up .....
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Calm Down

Lads lads lads, I make this point with two caveats, firstly I was not at the PG1 game on Friday night and 2 whilst one person on here has stated that I was the ref in question on Friday night I am not however I say this as a former referee, why is it that it is always the referee as an individual who gets called out due to his performance whilst no one on here calls out the individual performance of a player, such as x got roasted or Y missed a truck load of frees? I am in no way calling for this kind of picking on players as I believe our young men have enough to contend with mentally than a bunch of keyboard warriors.

I know in the past I have been unfair to Totes and have reflected on that but I know for a fact being involved in games as a ref where a player has sustained a serious injury that I played those games over and over in my mind the days after wondering could I have done something different......for a ref it's a lonely place lads and they do not have the comfort of a fellow panel of players to work things through with...... think before we type lads

Good luck to Dermot with his recovery

stiffler

The standard of refereeing has been as high as it's ever been in Antrim, based on the games I've seen to date in the championship.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

JimStynes

Quote from: stiffler on August 22, 2021, 11:13:55 AM
The standard of refereeing has been as high as it's ever been in Antrim, based on the games I've seen to date in the championship.

Friday night at St. Enda's was ropey  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on August 22, 2021, 12:02:01 PM
Quote from: stiffler on August 22, 2021, 11:13:55 AM

Friday night at St. Enda's was ropey  ;)

Feck aff  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Moneyglass and Aldergrove in senior championships when in Div 2 hasn't work . 2 groups of 5 next year with 4 games then to semi final ? No brainer ?

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 22, 2021, 02:49:04 PM
Moneyglass and Aldergrove in senior championships when in Div 2 hasn't work . 2 groups of 5 next year with 4 games then to semi final ? No brainer ?
What a about the other two senior teams u left out when coming up with brilliant idea 😳🙄

bannside

The ref on Friday night did not get Portglenone beaten as original fellow club poster said. We simply kicked ourselves out of it, missed to many clear cut chances that would have put the game to bed. Ahoghill punished that, and deserve credit for coming back strong, as they have done before. As big Hoof says, they have made this kind of victory against the odds an art form for a decade.

Sometimes you are on the right side of these encounters, sometimes on the wrong side. It's what keeps us coming back and makes our games what they are.

This group is wide open, all have won one and lost one!

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Dunsilly King on August 22, 2021, 02:54:47 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 22, 2021, 02:49:04 PM
What a about the other two senior teams u left out when coming up with brilliant idea 😳🙄
beingv a man I know I'm not perfect . 4 groups of 3 then but point us no div 2 teams for everyone's sake