Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on April 27, 2021, 07:34:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2021, 07:21:16 PM
He was defo there the day I did the match, be surprised at him being cut

so was I

Aye but they kicked you off the panel a long time ago 😉
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: Calm Down on April 27, 2021, 02:40:04 PM
Lad's does anyone know when Antrim CCC are publishing the fixtures for the upcoming season?

Master fixs schedule on  28th , and  actual opening fixtures on 4th / 5th May.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Rodger Mona on April 27, 2021, 02:59:43 PM
23 between 3 clubs?? il take your word for it bannside but my god where is the players at from the other clubs around the county. is our intermediate or junior footballers nowhere near the standard of county level. im not up to date with the county panel but even in years gone by i can only think of one or two lads whos clubs wernt in div1 that held down their place in a county jersey. Kevin Brady and Big Sean McVeigh in more recent years. If there are more id like to hear about them. Goes back to a debate we had on here regarding Harbinson bringing lads onto the panel who were from clubs outside the big 3/4 and that turned out not a good thing  for him. i think bannside, yourself and milltown along with a few others were advocates for that approach but would need to scroll back and see. Though with the new management doing the complete opposite it will be interesting to see how it pans out for them thats for sure.

The strongest football players we have are also hurlers and are also in the county senior hurling panel so it wouldn't ever work out for them to try to commit to any football panel.
hurl like f**k boi!

Rodger Mona

Who would be the strongest footballers in the county that are on the county hurling squad? the only two that i can think of that would make the football squad would be connor johnston and connor mccann. i think the rest probably dont kick ball or havnt really stood out in a footballl match that would merit a call up..

bannside

DR is talking from a club perspective RM.

themac_23

Quote from: delgany on April 28, 2021, 12:17:01 AM
Quote from: Calm Down on April 27, 2021, 02:40:04 PM
Lad's does anyone know when Antrim CCC are publishing the fixtures for the upcoming season?

Master fixs schedule on  28th , and  actual opening fixtures on 4th / 5th May.

No relegation at all this year will make games extremely meaningless for a lot of teams this year

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rodger Mona on April 28, 2021, 10:19:29 AM
Who would be the strongest footballers in the county that are on the county hurling squad? the only two that i can think of that would make the football squad would be connor johnston and connor mccann. i think the rest probably dont kick ball or havnt really stood out in a footballl match that would merit a call up..

Is Nugent not a handy footballer? He has been on the panel before.

Calm Down

Can't see Nugent having the fitness level for County football, he looks laboured on the hurling pitch but his size enables him to hold men off at the level he was playing last year, will be interesting to see how that works for him with the step up this year

Stillwater2

Niall McKenna would start in County Senior Football team. He is as good as footballer as he is a hurler. Was on the Football panel previously under Fitzy.

Rodger Mona

Yes sorry your right Niall McKenna is an exceptional footballer. And apologies DR i thought you were talking about the county hurlers. Didnt realise you were talking about dunloy. I saw them v Moneyglass last year and although they do have some tasty footballers its hard to say if any of them are capable of getting to that senior county level, as to be honest, they dont seem to take football that seriously or care enough about it. they can hold their own at intermediate level and thats just on sheer talent. I remember dunloy would of been up there with rossa and johnnies as the best dual clubs in antrim but football has had to take a back seat by looks of it

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2021, 08:03:44 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on April 27, 2021, 07:34:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2021, 07:21:16 PM
He was defo there the day I did the match, be surprised at him being cut

so was I

Aye but they kicked you off the panel a long time ago 😉

they did, but I'm back now  :-[ 8)

delgany

ACHL throw in on Sat 8th
ACFL on Sun 16th

NAG1

Quote from: Rodger Mona on April 28, 2021, 11:50:10 AM
Yes sorry your right Niall McKenna is an exceptional footballer. And apologies DR i thought you were talking about the county hurlers. Didnt realise you were talking about dunloy. I saw them v Moneyglass last year and although they do have some tasty footballers its hard to say if any of them are capable of getting to that senior county level, as to be honest, they dont seem to take football that seriously or care enough about it. they can hold their own at intermediate level and thats just on sheer talent. I remember dunloy would of been up there with rossa and johnnies as the best dual clubs in antrim but football has had to take a back seat by looks of it

Curious as to what would constitute a good dual club?
IMO winning senior championships in one code and consistently challenging in the other code at which ever level, would be a decent level. Rossa nor the Johnnies have this in either code, just wondering what they themselves would think.

Just a thought

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on April 28, 2021, 01:56:11 PM

IMO winning senior championships in one code and consistently challenging in the other code at which ever level, would be a decent level. Rossa nor the Johnnies have this in either code, just wondering what they themselves would think.

Just a thought

So we would have been a good dual club, as would have the Johnnies back in the day along with Rossa have who won both titles with the same players back in the day. sustaining that is impossible
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kickham csc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2021, 03:20:33 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 28, 2021, 01:56:11 PM

Just a thought

So we would have been a good dual club, as would have the Johnnies back in the day along with Rossa have who won both titles with the same players back in the day. sustaining that is impossible

A good dual club is one that puts genuine effort in the promotion of both codes and tries to balance the commitment for both. A dual club will have both codes competing for  honors, at the respective levels that they can compete at.

I would put Creggan, Ahoghill, Tir naNog, Rasharkin, Glenravel, Ballycastle, Ballymena, Dunloy as good dual clubs from the country