Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: AirlockCityCentre on February 05, 2021, 01:10:02 PM
Quote from: delgany on February 05, 2021, 11:57:54 AM
CCC proposing single round leagues with promotion and relegation for winners only in hurling and football.  With group based championship format, like last year.

Seems like an ambitious schedule, when are they thinking this might start?

That's outside Ccc remit at the present time , but if it started in May , they would have 6 months to play approximately 20 games in football , hurling slight less games

themac_23

Quote from: delgany on February 05, 2021, 01:28:58 PM
CCC proposing single round leagues with promotion and relegation for winners only in hurling and football.  With group based championship format, like last year.

That's outside Ccc remit at the present time , but if it started in May , they would have 6 months to play approximately 20 games in football , hurling slight less games

With how roll outs of vaccines and how things are currently going I wouldn't be surprised to see a return to sports training after Patricks day, id say you could prob see club football middle of April and latest may, id say leagues will be a case of play away without county players

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on February 05, 2021, 02:26:59 PM

With how roll outs of vaccines and how things are currently going I wouldn't be surprised to see a return to sports training after Patricks day, id say you could prob see club football middle of April and latest may, id say leagues will be a case of play away without county players

Fingers crossed, there was some buzz around last year and getting out onto the pitch is what made the summer... hopefully we can all get back at it again. I miss it lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2021, 02:52:08 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on February 05, 2021, 02:26:59 PM

Fingers crossed, there was some buzz around last year and getting out onto the pitch is what made the summer... hopefully we can all get back at it again. I miss it lol

Never as happy to see you turn up in Dunloy last year for that friendly!  ;D Didnt even care who won as it was the first hurling match of the year we had seen in the pitch!
hurl like f**k boi!

BigBallWeeBall

I chuckled this morning when I seen promotional material for St Endas called Club 100.
They claim to be the biggest club in Antrim and Ulster and the  predominant club in South Antrim.  No mean feat.
There is a lot of competition with all the clubs in North Belfast.. Lol 😂😂
The last time I looked they had zero senior football and zero hurling championship medals.
They have a big membership, a growing nursery school and good size of land facilities but they  have also developed a BIG dose of DUP type arrogance as well.  Too soon to claim to be the biggest club in the world...

bannside

Those claims might be a bit grand alright, but you do have to applaud St Endas very obvious ambition. Seem to have a lot of people pulling in the right direction. Definitely on a very  clear progress curve, how many Antrim clubs can definitely say that?

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on February 06, 2021, 09:46:40 AM
I chuckled this morning when I seen promotional material for St Endas called Club 100.
They claim to be the biggest club in Antrim and Ulster and the  predominant club in South Antrim.  No mean feat.
The last time I looked they had zero senior football and zero hurling championship medals.
They have a big membership, a growing nursery school and good size of land facilities but they  have also developed a BIG dose of DUP type arrogance as well.  Too soon to claim to be the biggest club in the world...
Quote from: bannside on February 06, 2021, 11:05:47 AM
Those claims might be a bit grand alright, but you do have to applaud St Endas very obvious ambition. Seem to have a lot of people pulling in the right direction. Definitely on a very  clear progress curve, how many Antrim clubs can definitely say that?

The Cultural Renaissance in its Prime, Plunkett & Co would be proud, as I said keep the politics out of Gaa. (mass mobilisation at a local level, its the direction that would worry me)

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on February 06, 2021, 09:46:40 AM
them boys will sue u for That big balls  :) :)

themac_23

Seen the set up for next year, looks pretty good actually, groups again in championship with also a relegation playoff, 1 up 1 down in the leagues, woulda be right in thinking that champ winner will also go up and that's what the relegation play off is for, the other team to go down? 

delgany

Not sure reasons for relegation play offs in championships.This hasn't been made clear. Currently  clubs select their championship status  other than IFC & JFC winners. Maybe there is a move to align championship status with league position,  however, would this not have to be put forward at county convention as a change to county bye laws?

themac_23

Quote from: delgany on February 07, 2021, 12:14:55 PM
Not sure reasons for relegation play offs in championships.This hasn't been made clear. Currently  clubs select their championship status  other than IFC & JFC winners. Maybe there is a move to align championship status with league position,  however, would this not have to be put forward at county convention as a change to county bye laws?

That was my reading of it, looks more aligned for example rasharkin playing JFC this year when they played IFC last year, I'd say there's an acceptance that it had to be done, think it would be a good thing and prob long over due getting it aligned to the leagues

delgany

Quote from: themac_23 on February 07, 2021, 12:51:12 PM

That was my reading of it, looks more aligned for example rasharkin playing JFC this year when they played IFC last year, I'd say there's an acceptance that it had to be done, think it would be a good thing and prob long over due getting it aligned to the leagues

Would IFC & JFC winners be promoted automatically as well?

themac_23

Quote from: delgany on February 07, 2021, 01:03:36 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on February 07, 2021, 12:51:12 PM

Would IFC & JFC winners be promoted automatically as well?

I have no idea but that was my first thought on looking at it, would make sense though

Belfast GAA man

U20 laegue looks like a fresh new Approach and fingers crossed - any1 no what night itS planned for? think that will b importnat to make it work

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 07, 2021, 07:11:25 PM
U20 laegue looks like a fresh new Approach and fingers crossed - any1 no what night itS planned for? think that will b importnat to make it work

So not a weekend night? As they'll be partying at weekends
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea