Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Casement isn't ours any more either even when it does eventually materialize. (I honestly think this decade might be a stretch for it but hope I'm wrong)  :(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2020, 08:51:13 AM
Casement isn't ours any more either even when it does eventually materialize. (I honestly think this decade might be a stretch for it but hope I'm wrong)  :(

Was hoping to get a run out on it but christ I'll be near 60 at this rate  ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

You'll maybe still be able to ref in it if they don't have the fitness tests back by then ;D

bannside

If I was a county football manager looking for a quick pitch with a firm surface all the year round, especially Jan to March when Mc Kenna Cup and NFL fixtures are taking place, then there is one option that stands out a mile. Although Id expect the new Casement will include the same high spec of sand stone and pipes and floodlighting that Portglenone has.

Our county matches may be played in Corrigan but again, if I was the manager of Antrim I'd be pushing to train at least once a week under floodlights on the pitch where the match is being played. That worked particularly well in the build up to the vital victory against Limerick in our last match.

Just saying!

Spike

what do we do with Dunsilly?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on September 22, 2020, 01:33:28 PM
what do we do with Dunsilly?

Dunsilly should be used for what it is, our center of excellence. I've ref'd many a county challenge game up there for minors and seniors, get more use of it that J'stown to what we currently are doing, put in proper gym/weights and conditioning rooms, hurling walls and handball courts, build on what we have..

Dunsilly played its part and will continue too no doubt, but I don't think it was going to be a county ground, I could be wrong
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

asaffgael

Agreed MR, build it up a bit more, lights and gym etc and use it as the training hub. Tyrone don't play matches in Garvaghey.

BS is there any chat of Portglenone getting a stand or concrete terraces, there seems to be room at the far side?

Na Glinntí Glasa

was at the camogie final on sunday past and yet again Portglenone had everything done to a T. well organised all over the pitch

That pitch surface has to be the best in the county
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

What you see in PG1 at the minute is phase one development. Whenever the club members get their second wind a sustained affort will be made to roll out phase two. The plans for that are adventurous, including a third pitch (or maybe a 4g training pitch) a fully covered stand, and more car parking.

Points a Good Score

Great advertisement for football in Antrim on Sunday. Two teams playing attacking football and leaving everything on the pitch. Creggan extremely unlucky to be on the wrong side with Cargins experience and strength in depth winning the day.

I hope Lenny can convince Ruairi McCann to rejoin the panel a serious player.

A big weekend for the Parish of Duneane also, SFC, IFC, MFC and Reserve FC all residing in it currently.

imtommygunn

Is the peadar Hefron who is manager of St. Paul's the Creggan fella who got hurt in the bomb?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2020, 07:39:23 PM
Is the peadar Hefron who is manager of St. Paul's the Creggan fella who got hurt in the bomb?

St Paul's Holywood? Or Shaws Rd?

bannside

Some stat that when you think about it Points.... thats what you call "a good year for the parish".

marty34

Quote from: bannside on September 22, 2020, 04:41:43 PM
What you see in PG1 at the minute is phase one development. Whenever the club members get their second wind a sustained affort will be made to roll out phase two. The plans for that are adventurous, including a third pitch (or maybe a 4g training pitch) a fully covered stand, and more car parking.

What about getting a footpath from the town out to the pitch BS? Be great, not to mention safe, for people to walk out etc. from the town.

How much more ground around the current pitches have yous?

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2020, 07:46:55 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2020, 07:39:23 PM

St Paul's Holywood? Or Shaws Rd?

Hollywood