Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2021, 10:54:36 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on December 02, 2021, 10:44:43 PM
Shamrocks, Cushendall & Oisíns are the only clubs that I ever remember feeding Glenravel. Players came to them though, a bus wasn't sent round to pick them up or dodgy under hand dealings.

Some accusations there, either you have players from other clubs or you don't. If they don't end up at one club they'll go to another if their own club doesn't field. But yeah I suppose to keep the haters happy it's better to lose those lads to soccer or the pub

I don't have any players from any other clubs and no accusations at all. 👍

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 02, 2021, 11:08:19 PM
Shamrocks, Cushendall & Oisíns are the only clubs that I ever remember feeding Glenravel. Players came to them though, a bus wasn't sent round to pick them up or dodgy under hand dealings.

Some accusations there, either you have players from other clubs or you don't. If they don't end up at one club they'll go to another if their own club doesn't field. But yeah I suppose to keep the haters happy it's better to lose those lads to soccer or the pub

I see what you did there, deflection  ;D

The game on Saturday hopefully after all the hype should be good, Glenravel beat the team I thought would be favs, we beat both teams who played two minor finals.

Venue and officials spot on too. Davitts have come a long way and have done a great  job of the place
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Big games for Creggan and TNN at the weekend.  Would be nice to see two wins.  Can't see why not, both well capable of it.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2021, 11:14:50 PM

The game on Saturday hopefully after all the hype should be good, Glenravel beat the team I thought would be favs, we beat both teams who played two minor finals.

Venue and officials spot on too. Davitts have come a long way and have done a great  job of the place

Deflect from what?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 02, 2021, 11:33:12 PM

Deflect from what?

You mentioned dodgy or under hand dealings, please explain more
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2021, 11:34:33 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on December 02, 2021, 11:33:12 PM

Deflect from what?

You mentioned dodgy or under hand dealings, please explain more

Very touchy there pal, merely an observation there's been all sorts going on as years with dodgy stuff in the game.

Milltown Row2

Not touchy,  but accusations of dodgy underhand dealings being thrown about would need to be addressed surely?

If you were trying to be funny or sarcastic I could get that.

There's not too many a club without a player or manager from outside, how they've acquired them well that's up for debate. How they achieve things because of it well that's another story.

As I've said, players better playing somewhere than not at all, in my view

Saffsof82

Quote from: rogercasement on November 27, 2021, 09:26:19 PM
I heard a name today for the Rasharkin football job and by god if its true it would put many a county to shame. Must be big bucks there.

Any update on this major signing RC? I heard it was your own club that had GOD lined lined up to come in with McKeever!

antrimman667

Glenravel have only one so called 'outsider' playing on sunday, but have only a panel of 17 lads from what I seen at the creggan match. but you wouldn't know if they can put it up to a strong st.galls team

geezer

Good luck to Creggan and TNN over the weekend, hopefully both can progress to the semis.

Saffsof82

Quote from: geezer on December 03, 2021, 10:13:34 AM
Good luck to Creggan and TNN over the weekend, hopefully both can progress to the semis.

Good shout Geezer. I know nothing at all about either teams opponents but wish them both well. TNN are as good Intermediate champions in Antrim as ive seen in a long time, will be hard to beat.

rogercasement

Well I had heard a multiple All Ireland winner with Tyrone who is mates with prominent club member was a shoe in.

EOC1923

Quote from: antrimman667 on December 03, 2021, 10:02:09 AM
Glenravel have only one so called 'outsider' playing on sunday, but have only a panel of 17 lads from what I seen at the creggan match. but you wouldn't know if they can put it up to a strong st.galls team
Seen both teams play, Can see a Glenravel win

JimStynes

The most talked about u20 game in history

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on December 04, 2021, 10:41:38 AM
Quote from: antrimman667 on December 03, 2021, 10:02:09 AM
Seen both teams play, Can see a Glenravel win

So can I, Glenravel beat a very strong Tir na Og team, who of all teams I felt were capable of winning.

Slippery surface, poor handling, mistakes all over the shop today!