Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdiddy

Anyone heard about the craic up in Dunloy regarding their Centre of Excellence?  I've heard a certain organisation have requested to use it which has caused some debate within the club!
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

johnneycool

Quote from: pdiddy on October 12, 2010, 01:54:43 PM
Anyone heard about the craic up in Dunloy regarding their Centre of Excellence?  I've heard a certain organisation have requested to use it which has caused some debate within the club!

Sure the shamrocks have been on it already, for some Dunlodians that's as bad as it can get.

Mhic Easmuint

NAG1

What have you heard then pdiddy? half a story  ;)

pdiddy

Quote from: NAG1 on October 12, 2010, 03:20:05 PM
What have you heard then pdiddy? half a story  ;)

Yeah, to be honest I did only hear half a story. I'd heard the local Constabulary wanted to use it  :o.  I thought perhaps Max or Skull could give us the low down. 
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

NAG1

To be fair, I think the way that they raised the funding for that building means they have total control of who uses their facilties unlike the one in Lavey.

pdiddy

Quote from: NAG1 on October 13, 2010, 08:44:26 AM
To be fair, I think the way that they raised the funding for that building means they have total control of who uses their facilties unlike the one in Lavey.

Yeah totally agree.  It's up to Dunloy who they let use their facilities as it wasn't funded as a cross community venture. 

johnneycool

Quote from: pdiddy on October 13, 2010, 10:35:06 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on October 13, 2010, 08:44:26 AM

Yeah totally agree.  It's up to Dunloy who they let use their facilities as it wasn't funded as a cross community venture.

So dunloy didn't apply for lottery funding or local government grants at all?

Fair play to them for raising that sort of money without all that.

UGAAWA

Ulster Gaels' big night out!

Tickets are now on sale for the 23rd Ulster GAA Writers' Association Banquet which will be held this year in the Slieve Russell Hotel, Co Cavan.

The Quinn Insurance Ulster GAA Writers Banquet is the only awards ceremony that honours players from all codes as well as grass-roots Gaels.

There is plenty to celebrate this year with Down's run to the All-Ireland SFC final, Tyrone lifting the minor title, Antrim's hurlers regaining their place amongst the sport's big guns, St Galls' march to All Ireland glory, the ladies of Tyrone and Donegal on the All Ireland stage, Paul Brady continuing to set the world handball benchmark and the Saffron camógs' All Ireland among the Ulster success stories.

As usual a star-studded guest list from all codes will celebrate all that is good in Gaelic games in the province in 2010. Tickets are priced £50 or €60 and are available by contacting Tony McGee at tony.mcgee@btinternet.com or visit www.ulstergaawriters.com for full details.

Accommodation in the Slieve Russell Hotel can be booked here: www.slieverussell.ie. Click here for a list of alternative accommodation in the area:  http://www.irishtourist.com/directory/accommodation/north/cavan/

maxpower

i don't think the PSNI where looking to use the facility, merely they were promoting a cross community sporting event and the club possibly felt it would be better if there weren't actually at the event.

Club did have a small grant from SportsNI, it would have been much larger had they set it up on a community ownership basis ala Lavey and most others, but the Club felt it was important to retain full ownership, a decision i think will prove prudent in years to come,
What happens next????

aontroim

Being awarded a grant from SportNI (no matter how small) immediately puts any GAA club in a bind about not allowing the facilities to be used by 'other sports'.  A condition of award for SportNI grants is that the facilities are used to promote participation and are available to the whole community.  The sooner the GAA cop on, and realise that in the North ALL grant aid from public bodies comes with a similar stipulation, the better. 

theskull1

Quote from: aontroim on October 14, 2010, 11:31:30 AM
Being awarded a grant from SportNI (no matter how small) immediately puts any GAA club in a bind about not allowing the facilities to be used by 'other sports'.  A condition of award for SportNI grants is that the facilities are used to promote participation and are available to the whole community.  The sooner the GAA cop on, and realise that in the North ALL grant aid from public bodies comes with a similar stipulation, the better. 

I can tell you thats a load of balls. No public body has us over a barrell because they gave us a small grant. Dunloy GAC have full control of their facilities. They also understand the importance in promoting participation so don't be too concerned about the bind we're in because we're not in one
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

BlackandAmber

Anybody know the Reserve Cup scores?

C'Dall trounced the Town  but what was the L'giel v Ballycran result?

Milltown Row2

Seems its fixed for next weekend. Whats the rumours doing the rounds regarding the restructuring of the leagues? We are bottom of div 2 and if we are bottom at 4*00pm next week we'll be playing div 3 hurling.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

If the rumours are right you'll not be in Div 3 and neither the Town nor Rossa will be in Div 2