Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the colonel

its near strong as it can be, but that doesnt mean its a good team.

where was Watson?
the difference between success and failure is energy

Olly

Good to see St Galls in the final. They may see not winning the All-Ireland title as abject failure but they still have to beat what is in front of them at that level. If they had played senior hurling this year, they may have contested an Antrim final too.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

imtommygunn

Cushendall played Dunloy in this year's final. It's highly unlikely St Galls would have beat either of them. Not to take away from their victory. Great to see an antrim team, especially in hurling in an AI final.

I say especially in hurling as sometimes you feel that some teams are beat before they play the match.

If you beat all in ulster in fotoball the belief won't be an issue.

ha ha derry

Great win for St Galls, great boost for Ulster Hurling. Freshford will be handy enough boyo,s, but might not like the physicality of Antrim hurling. Good luck in the final. Where will it be played?

the colonel

anyone have the st galls team from sat?

Signum Fidei

Croke Park !!!

St Galls Team

1.Conor Austin

2.David Sheehan
3.Terry Austin
4.Steven Morrison

5.Anto healy
6.K McGourty
7.Joe McDaniels

8.Karl Stewart
9.Johnny Flynn

10.Sean O'Hara (sean Burke was injured)
11.Kevin McDonald
12.Ciaran Gallagher

13.CJ
14.Aidso Gallagher
15.S McAreavey

NAG1

Great day out for the hurlers in the club and a great run out for those dual players at HQ if they can make it on Paddys Days as well.

imtommygunn

What's Burke's injury?

He be available alright for the football?

Milltown Row2

he'll be fine, finger injured during a training session. wanted to keep him for the final ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rasmatazz:)

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 25, 2010, 02:15:02 PM
Cushendall played Dunloy in this year's final. It's highly unlikely St Galls would have beat either of them. Not to take away from their victory. Great to see an antrim team, especially in hurling in an AI final.

I say especially in hurling as sometimes you feel that some teams are beat before they play the match.

If you beat all in ulster in fotoball the belief won't be an issue.
I think ur taking the piss there that it is highly unlikely that St Galls could not beat Cushendall or Dunloy , St Galls have have played dunloy many times in the last few yrs an given them a run for their money , i think there might have been a win there to , but Cushendall , lets be honest , they r not a great team an i would say a few north antrim teams r happy not the Galls did not play in div 1 last yr as they might have got their bums slap an a few heads rattled but it's all good saying that now as it might be a yr or 2 before St galls get the chance to go up but im sure the Rossa will give a good account of themselves , good kids coming through just a tad more experince there needed & will defo do better than the Jonnies  ;D
Anyway it must be a good thing seeing St Johns have decided to play in the same championship, St Galls did not have that choice last yr , there fate was pick for them .
Blue day all the way .Come on thee Galls  do Antrim an Ulster  most of all urselves proud .

NAG1

Rasmatazz you been on the drink again?

There is a difference in running the top teams close in a league game and actually getting close to them or beating them on a championship sunday.

imtommygunn

Ras cushendall were a minute away from an AI club final last year. Dunly have just won ulster.

Anyway I wasn't trying to take away from your hurlers - you've done great and I'm happy for you.

There is a gap between intermediate and senior though and you'd go a long way to find the last team outside Dunloy, Loughgiel and Cushendall who beat one of the other three in the championship. Rossa would be the last ones and Ballycastle before that. Group round robin stages don't count either.

aontroim

Quote from: the colonel on January 25, 2010, 12:06:16 PM

where was Watson?

Have been told that he was at the game but had played for Donegal Celtic on the Saturday and therefore wasnt considered for the match.

the colonel

that'll happen up to may im sure

Milltown Row2

we would be way off Loughgiel come Championship Sunday in August. we'd certainly give them a game now, but.......

I think most people will look at Dunloy again and the Dall. but would keep tabs on Loughgiel. who have they as manager this year? have the Dall a new manager in yet?

Glenariffe training away in the gym i hear,  Ballycastle will try and live up to their great past but both will fall short.

Rossa? well they are an unknown quantity. that leaves the Johnnies ;D us and Gorts as the other club teams.

if the format was changed then we could have the weaker clubs (everyone bar Dunloy Cushendall and Loughgiel) play off for a semi final spot.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea