Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

shamrocks 'should' win at a canter.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 18, 2015, 07:03:14 PM
Nonsense. Apart from 2013 when have we ever won the championship "at a canter"? And I mean in the last 5 years. All have been close. Indeed we never got to the final last year. Short term memory loss by some posters.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

You dropped the ball last year sie and are unlikely to do it again!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 18, 2015, 05:50:53 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 18, 2015, 08:55:49 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 18, 2015, 05:08:31 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2015, 11:23:10 PM
Our lads are preparing for the game..... They have the guard of honor all down to a T
defeatest attitude. Not good mr2.  ;)

Nobody in loughgiel thinks it's won. Been down that road too many times before. I don't believe anyone on here thinks that getting to a feis cup semi final equates to a championship win. Like I posted yesterday, Cushendall are the team to beat. It's their championship to lose.

this made me laugh. If you cant see that Lgiel are the form team, unbeaten and the one to watch then you may start following another team lad.
No one is saying they aren't in good form DR, but you should know that good form in May does not equate to winning a championship in September/October. To say otherwise is ludicrous. The dall will definitely miss Graffin, a class player, but they've got a great crop of young fellas chomping at the bit to get at it. I've no doubt they'll be a different animal come the autumn.

I have to be honest and say we wont be there this year to win it. We simply not good enough esp in the forwards and we can ill afford to lose players like Nigel Elliott (knee), Kevin McQuillian (quit hurling) and Kevin Molloy (hamstring). We dont have the strength on the bench to cover losing such players. We have some good young minors but they are only 17 and have another year left at minor, theres no point in rushing them into the team just yet.

Cushendall should have the depth in their panel with that previous minor winning team, they dont see to have started well, much like ourselves.

Lgiel are the form team, unbeaten at that, and everyone will want to beat them now. I do get what your saying in that its early doors and nothings won in May. Its how your aged panel will cope with an potential injuries over the season. Avoid them and you will be hard to beat.
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Loughgiel are not as good as the wide margin victories lately suggest.  There is still a lot of work to do.

None of our main rivals are as bad as recent results suggest.

I though Kevin McQuillan was injured, never knew he had packed it in. He's a good ball winning forward that Dunloy could do with. When Nigel Elliot, Sean Dowds and Kevin Molloy regain fitness though they will be hard to beat.

btdtgtt

Why would Kevin McQuillan quit hurling?

MoChara

See Neil McManus confirmed out for 2 months with a knee injury in the Irish news, Carlow could be another dark day for us.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Kevin was struggling to get any degree of fitness back from each injury he got when playing hurling plus he has now taken over joint management of the senior football team and U16 footballers. Gaelic football is Kevins first love, hurling was always a second for him. Hes a brilliant footballer and played his first game on sunday there again for them.

Hes a loss to the hurlers but his hearts in football more so, always has been.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 19, 2015, 11:15:45 AM
Kevin was struggling to get any degree of fitness back from each injury he got when playing hurling plus he has now taken over joint management of the senior football team and U16 footballers. Gaelic football is Kevins first love, hurling was always a second for him. Hes a brilliant footballer and played his first game on sunday there again for them.

Hes a loss to the hurlers but his hearts in football more so, always has been.

The perils of being a dual club raises it's head again!

ManInBlackandGreen

Popped in to watch a training session while in the area, bigger crowds at a Shams training night that at most league games all year, some belief and atmosphere it has to be said.

Na Glinntí Glasa

its all there is to do around lgiel to be fair lol :P
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Glensman

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 19, 2015, 07:56:38 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 19, 2015, 05:15:40 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 19, 2015, 04:57:29 PM
its all there is to do around lgiel to be fair lol :P
;D
"heaven"  8)

http://www.qradionetwork.com/qradio/north-coast/north-coast-news/q97-2-news/loughguile-named-one-of-the-best-places-to-live-in-the-countryside/

Would it be spectators at training or other juveniles/parents etc? Have to say there is nothing much better than passing a GAA ground wherever of a summer's evening and a pitch or pitches are full of different teams training away.

Loughgeil do seem to be getting up a head of steam.

A shame about Kevin McQuillan as a couple of years back he was flying.

Heard that quite a few from The Town might be headed Stateside and back for championship?

No McManus and Graffan for a couple of months might make some younger heads from the Dall step up?? Assume McManus back for championship and it will be a waiting game for Graffan?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 18, 2015, 09:00:08 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 18, 2015, 07:03:14 PM
Nonsense. Apart from 2013 when have we ever won the championship "at a canter"? And I mean in the last 5 years. All have been close. Indeed we never got to the final last year. Short term memory loss by some posters.  ;)
You know it's championship time when SIE is warning everyone off backing the Shamrock's  ;D