Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

I do myself. top man with the ball in his hand. 9/10 times the right ball is going in. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sham Man on March 16, 2015, 07:51:39 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 16, 2015, 07:43:05 PM
Safe to say he's no shamrock is our Kevin  ;D
Got it one SG, Kevin that's me, your'e right.  ;) Sure last week I was accused of being P. Webb, week before that was S Quinn, whoever the fcuk they are?? I am just glad I irritate MR2, he thinks I'm full a crap, probably am, but no different than many others.  The fundamental difference though, I don't give a bollocks!  ;D ;) ;D

That's good to know, that you know you're full of crap, and remember I don't give a bollix either😉. That team you put up (IMO) was rubbish and a decent top 3 team in Antrim would beat it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Some forward line there Hurling Stick. How long you think PJ will hang about as number 26 not even on the matchday  programme.

bannside

Sorry H'S that last post should have been directed to the dog 83 who picked the team even tho you agreed with it.

btdtgtt

Put simply suffice to say dog's team would give the current one a tanking.
That's an indictment of our set up.

theskull1

I repeat

If all the whingers would give their clubs 3 or 4 hours a week helping to coach teams, Antrim would twice as strong as it is now. Unfortunately we lack the critical mass needed to make proper headway but let's not be homing in on the committed few when we're looking for people to blame. It's all the people who aren't there but could be who shoulder the blame IMO

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Happy St. Patrick's day lads. Go easy on the black stuff. First time in years I'll not be in Dublin. I'm looking forward to watching both games today. I think the hurling has all the makings of a potential upset. I fancy Kilmallock to win by at least two points. And good luck to Slaughtneil. Great club with a brilliant set up.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Enjoy your day SIE.
No black stuff me for on the road from dungarvan to Croke to belfast.
For once an occasional interest in the big ball and don't think the hurling will be a foregone conclusion either.
I think at club level a lot depends of reactions to Croke Park.
Two good games and not to cold hopefully. 

Milltown Row2

Ballyhale +5 if TJ is allowed to roam about the pitch and pick off his scores, he won't miss the frees either, Killmallock are a little bit abrasive and may lose a player, the Kilkenny lads are just that bit cuter in their play
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hurler24

Have not been on in a while so forgive me for being a bit behind the times.

On the Eddie McCloskey topic I think the previous summer was handled poorly and if what SG says is true it is absolutely disgraceful. However he was given the chance this year and despite commiting to the team for 5/6months decided to go and play soccer rather than attend training. So I dont think there can be much argument there.

The best Antrim panels being posted on here are pretty poor IMO. So here goes....

1. DD

2.Ryan McCambridge
3. Matthew Donnelly
4. Aaron Graffin

5.Sean Shannon
6. Neal McAuley
7. Neal McManus

8. Ciaran Johnston
9. Eoghan Campbell

10. Paul Shiels
11. Chris McGuinness
12. Michael Armstrong

13. PJ O'Connell
14. Laim Watson
15. Ciaran Clarke/Conor Johnston

16. Chris O'Connell
17. Eddie McCloskey
18. Kevin Molloy
19. Conor McKinley
20. Conor McCann
21. Michael Bradley
22. Jackson McGreevy
23. James Black
24. Stephen McAfee

Hurler24

Also I completely agree that it is time Johnston got a fair crack of the whip in the Antrim job. He did a fantastic job with Armagh and is now starting to make progress with Down. (could be an interesting relegation play-off if that came about)

And although it is a pipe dream due to lack of clubs and numbers I think an Antrim B squad could help out big time. I know at our club the difference training with the county whether as part of the senior panel or as an U21 player there to make up training numbers has had is noticeable. It would not be as intense as the main county set up but would work on developing players who are not quite at senior level but with the correct training would be.

The type of players I see this benefiting are the likes of Niall McKenna, Dan McKiernan, Michial Dudley, Ciaran Orchin, Conor Laverty, Paddy Burke, Nigel Elliot, Eoin McAloanan, Tomas O'Ciaran, James O'Connell, James McShane,  Fergus Donnelly, Connall Morgan, Stephen Beatty, Mickey Devlin

johnneycool

Quote from: Hurler24 on March 17, 2015, 11:29:11 AM
Also I completely agree that it is time Johnston got a fair crack of the whip in the Antrim job. He did a fantastic job with Armagh and is now starting to make progress with Down. (could be an interesting relegation play-off if that came about)

And although it is a pipe dream due to lack of clubs and numbers I think an Antrim B squad could help out big time. I know at our club the difference training with the county whether as part of the senior panel or as an U21 player there to make up training numbers has had is noticeable. It would not be as intense as the main county set up but would work on developing players who are not quite at senior level but with the correct training would be.

The type of players I see this benefiting are the likes of Niall McKenna, Dan McKiernan, Michial Dudley, Ciaran Orchin, Conor Laverty, Paddy Burke, Nigel Elliot, Eoin McAloanan, Tomas O'Ciaran, James O'Connell, James McShane,  Fergus Donnelly, Connall Morgan, Stephen Beatty, Mickey Devlin

Word is Mickey J is a good coach according to the lads I've been talking to, but there's already been questions over their team selections and positioning of players and TBH we've been pretty insipid in most of the matches to date and have only put the likes of Armagh and Donegal away in the last phases of the games.

I wouldn't be rushing him in just yet!

Oh,
    Down are in Div2B and can't be playing Antrim any time soon. Div2A is in the road!

hurlingstick

Ballyhale or Kilmallock? They scored 25 and 23 points in their semi finals. However doing so against Gort would have to give Ballyhale the edge!!

Seamroga in exile

Kilmallock lobbing in too many high balls and shooting from too far out. Ballyhale doing enough to be in front. A major change in strategy needed from the limerick men.

Joey Holden the best player on the field in that half for me.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

hurlingstick

Ballyhale's forwards tackle so well and make it difficult for the Kilmallock defenders to play the ball out. That's the big thing I would take from this game.