Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the waffler

This business of not showing full hand is rubbish each team will everyplayer

maxpower

I agree, this not showing your hand is in my opinion a demonstration of a real lack of faith in the team.  It's as if you can only win by ambush!

The leagues where grand, decent standard of match given the quality of pitches.  i don't think Ballycastle next management will take the same approach.  I'd commend our management who got on with games regardless of county players on stage one and played full strength in stage 2!
What happens next????

theskull1

Have to agree with max. Get the home away routine a bit better and it would have been fine. The weather also made for some poor runs out (at home for us the Ballycran game(s) shouldn't really have went ahead...it was biblical, and then the Loughgiel game also was on a borderline playable pitch.

I'd also have to commend our management and players. They just got on with it without whinging and I think that attitude is the right one if you're trying to mould a panel.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hurler24

Regardless of the reasons for teams not playing full compliments of players in the run up to championship it did. I think this years league structure is definitely the way to go with our leagues, however a few tweeks are necessary to ensure everyone is happy.
- Sort out the home/away fixtures ensuring everybody has equal amounts
- Seed the championship draw because as much as some may not it like it the fact is the same four Antrim teams will always be in the running for the championship and always in the Top 5.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hurler24 on December 06, 2014, 09:27:16 PM
Regardless of the reasons for teams not playing full compliments of players in the run up to championship it did. I think this years league structure is definitely the way to go with our leagues, however a few tweeks are necessary to ensure everyone is happy.
- Sort out the home/away fixtures ensuring everybody has equal amounts
- Seed the championship draw because as much as some may not it like it the fact is the same four Antrim teams will always be in the running for the championship and always in the Top 5.

Seed it?? Your right about one thing the same team keeps shitting its pants every year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maxpower

Rather than seed it why not consider a draw at the end of the league.

Only the teams that have completed their full fixtures by end of July are in, one round of games every three weeks until the end of September.  A draw at the end of each round.

Take this 6 month obsession with one team out of everyones training.  Maybe just train to be better hurlers then!!!
What happens next????

Bonamargy

Humpy confirmed as new McQuillans manager at tonight's AGM

Na Glinntí Glasa

i had heard there a week ago that he was in the running for it. how do yous think he will get on at it?
hurl like f**k boi!

Bonamargy

He will do a good job I reckon. It is a long time since a championship came to the town in 1986. He certainly has a potentially strong panel. I hope the players all weigh in behind him and his back room team of Paul Jennings and Eddie McHenry. Time will tell.....

Sleeping giant

Ballycastle early favorites
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 08, 2014, 09:23:23 PM

Big time, though Humpy would need to play to give them a chance ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bonamargy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2014, 09:32:19 PM

Lol. Behave you two 😊

Bonamargy

Any news on what was agreed at last nights county convention? What did they agree to regarding the proposed changes to league structures?

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2014, 09:32:19 PM

He is exactly the type of player that they are missing at the moment, someone who will dig in when times get tough, wont shirk responsibility and go missing.

Is there an argument to say that they along with St John's to say that they are the biggest under achievers of recent times?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Bonamargy on December 09, 2014, 08:44:48 AM
Any news on what was agreed at last nights county convention? What did they agree to regarding the proposed changes to league structures?

my aul boy was at it. this is what i could rem that happened from the notes he took. correct me if im wrong on any of it.

Motion 3
That the Senior and Senior reserve hurling leagues be a 2 way league in 2015
Ruairi Og
approved

Motion 4
At the end of the 2015 season the divisions 1,2,3 & 4 of the Antrim Hurling leagues revert back to 8 team leagues playing home and away with 2 up and 2 down each year
Antrim CCC
approved

Motion 6
That all county league competitions at u16, u18 and reserve in both football and Hurling can be played with a minimum of 13 players.
If one team only has 13 the opposition has to play with 13 to match them
If one team only has 14 the opposition has to play with 14 to match them
If both teams have 15 players then they play 15 a side
Antrim CCC
approved

Ruin 4
That the Reserve Cup in Hurling be graded on the league positions at a specified date by CCC (probably the end of August)
1 v 8
2 v 7
3 v 6
4 v 5
Teams 1,2,3,4, to have home advantage. Open draw to determine semi-final pairings
Antrim CCC
approved

Ruin 4
That the u21 football championship be scheduled to run from the last week in May to the last week in June
Miceal Mac Daibheid
not approved

Ruin 5
That the Ruairi Og proposal passed at convention in 2009, allowing 2 Senior graded players to play in reserve league games – be adopted into the County league regulations.
Ruairi Og
approved
hurl like f**k boi!