Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

Quote from: DearyMe on September 18, 2014, 12:24:41 PM
I would say Dunloy will be out in force supporting the city team??

Dont be silly it'll only be Loughgiel.

maxpower

Most Dunloy people I know will be cheering for the Dall, there has always been a great respect between the two clubs and given the tradegies that have hit the club this year I'm sure no one in Dunloy would begrudge them the title - should they win it!
What happens next????

Na Glinntí Glasa

ive been to all Ireland semis involving Cushendall and cheered them on. there's a mutual respect between the clubs, much the same as there is between ourselves and loughgiel.

difference is I don't want loughgiel to win and they are the same, so were both happy doing this lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

I'd say any team in an all Ireland semi you would want to be putting the Antrim rival aside and supporting your own.  Who ever wins I hope they go on and win ulster and do antrim and ulster proud.    Because I'd be expecting the same from use all next year when were back on the road  ;)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Don't be so arrogant SG. 'When we're back on the road'. You guys were great champions but that horse has bolted.

hurlingstick

That Dall team are young. Could be around for a while. IF IF IF that Ballycastle squad could get their act together things could get interesting. Can't see the Shams doing the damage next season. Think they now need to change things up a little

imtommygunn

I'd say you supported Dunloy alright when they were on the road SG...

The shams have had a long road and will be back. Not sure their dominance is broken yet. Hopefully the other teams have upped their game but we'll see I guess.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 18, 2014, 04:44:08 PM
That Dall team are young. Could be around for a while. IF IF IF that Ballycastle squad could get their act together things could get interesting. Can't see the Shams doing the damage next season. Think they now need to change things up a little

same thing every season with them. ive seen nothing from them to suggest they will in the past 3 years.

hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Yeah agreed Dunloy. Shame because on paper it's a hell of a good squad

Sleeping giant

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 18, 2014, 03:43:48 PM
Don't be so arrogant SG. 'When we're back on the road'. You guys were great champions but that horse has bolted.
arrogant.  Jesus Christ.  The smiley face not give it away you fool.  Does it need to be serious all the time.  Am not at all arrogant.  But no horse has bolted.  Beaten by the better team on the day. The dall wanted it more and good luck to them. Were on the go 5 long years all year round pretty much.  Break do no harm. Anyways. No point getting into it as this years winners aren't even crowned yet. 

Sleeping giant

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 18, 2014, 04:47:56 PM
I'd say you supported Dunloy alright when they were on the road SG...

The shams have had a long road and will be back. Not sure their dominance is broken yet. Hopefully the other teams have upped their game but we'll see I guess.
always supported the team from ulster.  Believe it or not.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 18, 2014, 05:15:59 PM
Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 18, 2014, 03:43:48 PM
arrogant.  Jesus Christ.  The smiley face not give it away you fool.  Does it need to be serious all the time.  Am not at all arrogant.  But no horse has bolted.  Beaten by the better team on the day. The dall wanted it more and good luck to them. Were on the go 5 long years all year round pretty much.  Break do no harm. Anyways. No point getting into it as this years winners aren't even crowned yet.

Apologies SG, didn't see smiley ......sorry.

btdtgtt

Suggesting the shamrocks are finished after one defeat reminds me of the years when Dunloy were supposedly finished - still lifted the volunteer cup again.
I don't think they'll be far off again next year - or the year after that either.

No problem for me supporting the Antrim champions - our city teams don't have are not rivals of the glens sides any more unfortunately! One day eh!

Prove me wrong MR2?

Bonamargy

Senior: Cushendall by 10+
Intermediate: Rossa by 15+
Junior: Rasharkin by 6

Looks like 3 forgone conclusions I am afraid.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 18, 2014, 10:25:02 PM
Senior: Cushendall by 10+
Intermediate: Rossa by 15+
Junior: Rasharkin by 6

Looks like 3 forgone conclusions I am afraid.

bit like last year for the senior i suppose;-) Well once the 'Town' reel back the years.......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea