Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

Will chris hazard / infrastructure,  be overseeing developments at casement then?

btdtgtt

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2016, 10:07:40 PM
So the Paul Scott STG stuff, she performed outstandingly? She made a wonderful impression on the residents at the meetings she attended? She wasn't at the core of the "build it and fcuk the rules" brigade who tried (and actually succeeded for a while) to get a stadium passed despite serious safety concerns?
She just got them the money and had nothing else to do with it?

Aye, fcukin dead on.

I said the safety stuff was on her head - that's public record. I didn't say she performed outstandingly nor make any reference to a wonderful impression on residents.
The "core" of the build it and f**k the rules was the GAA for me - not the minister.
Nor did I say she got them the money.
But the errors in size and scope of the stadium lie totally with the GAA. The minister (any minister) couldn't give a toss if it 25k or 65k. But the GAA did.
You've gone off on one HS and read into things I didn't write.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 25, 2016, 09:27:42 PM
That was an entertaining game at Loughiel tonight. Shamrocks looked like a different team from 2 weeks ago against Dunloy. Some big hits and plenty of off the ball stuff. Mark had his hands full. Shoulder to the chest needs outlawed immediately before someone is badly hurt/killed. Benny McCarry back and slowly getting his eye back in he scored a few beauts...class act.

Killed?  seriously get a fecking grip... the tackle is a foul if there is intent its a yellow at most
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2016, 11:31:18 PM
That was an entertaining game at Loughiel tonight. Shamrocks looked like a different team from 2 weeks ago against Dunloy. Some big hits and plenty of off the ball stuff. Mark had his hands full. Shoulder to the chest needs outlawed immediately before someone is badly hurt/killed. Benny McCarry back and slowly getting his eye back in he scored a few beauts...class act.

Killed?  seriously get a fecking grip... the tackle is a foul if there is intent its a yellow at most

A very hardy man was hit at speed last night and lay on the pitch for a full five minutes. Are you telling me two men running at speed at one another and one of them taking the hit directly in the centre of the chest hasn't the potential to cause serious injury or more?

Last Man

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 26, 2016, 08:53:15 AM

A very hardy man was hit at speed last night and lay on the pitch for a full five minutes. Are you telling me two men running at speed at one another and one of them taking the hit directly in the centre of the chest hasn't the potential to cause serious injury or more?

I agree. If the perpetrator had the balls to stand square on then there's an element of self sacrafice but turning the shoulder in is weak. We are into concussion territory here and we don't need it in the game

hurlingstick

Quote from: Last Man on May 26, 2016, 09:09:48 AM

I agree. If the perpetrator had the balls to stand square on then there's an element of self sacrafice but turning the shoulder in is weak. We are into concussion territory here and we don't need it in the game

Agreed ....my fear would be an injury to the sternum in turn impacting on the heart. Ryan McCambridge is as tough as they come and it was worrying last night seeing him crumpled like that. That tackle was from one of the smallest players on the pitch. Imagine it came from a 14 stone man??

Na Glinntí Glasa

i rem Paudie mc mullan taking a direct shoulder to the chest again cdall one day in Dunloy. He didnt get up for over 5 mins and and didnt play much after that for a long time. left him in bad shape for a while.

Its disgusting cowardly tackle on someone whos eye is on the ball while the person doing it has one intention and its to hit the person as hard as they can. I rephrase that, its not a tackle at all.

A lot of the time its accidental and a mistimed shoulder to shoulder but that one instance it happens can leave a player in bad shape.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Minder on May 25, 2016, 10:15:57 PM
Quote from: ardtole on May 25, 2016, 10:08:46 PM
Who is the new minister for sport?

DCAL doesent exist anymore, the "sport" bit of it is now dealt with by Department For Communites with Paul Givan DUP as new Minister

Better hope that no LGBT members want to use it or that bible thumper will def block it! lol

hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

I know a lad that will disagree with you. He lay in hospital for a week after taking a shoulder to the chest.

so maybe we all should get a fecking grip...

Gizzy15

Quote from: Last Man on May 26, 2016, 09:09:48 AM

four years ago i broke 2 ribs in this type of challange, albeit it was football it was the same challange. while kicking the ball with my body left exposed a lad sailed in with the shoulder breaking two of my ribs. maybe not the most serious of injuries but all the same if in turn a lung gets punctured or heart damaged then your into a whole different ball game.

i agree that if the challange like this is deemed dileberate and and its not an attempt to play the ball but just the man with a cheap shot then it should be a red card as i have no doubt hitting a man ad pace with the shoulder to the chest is trying to do damage. its a cheap shot when its either not necessary to make the tackle as the ball is usually away  or an attempt at self peservation as somtimes the guy with the ball has the momentum. in the second instance i would not be handing out reds. but as i said when deemed dileberate its a challange designed to do damage and i agree it can be very dangerous.

Megaman

Totally agree DR, it is a tackle that could and has seriously injured a few people i know including Paudie.

A bit shocked but not surprised by our resident referees view on it.

hurlingstick

It also happened to an ex St. John's man who was also a well none PE teacher. Punctured an artery if memory serves me well and doctors told him he was lucky to be alive.

NAG1

Lads

Its the same as everything else in the game, if a lad sets out to hurt another player there are a number of ways this can be done.

The ref is there to determine what is a foul, what is deliberate and what is mistimed. This is where it takes a decent ref to know the difference in a player who has lined someone up and done it deliberately and one that has slightly mistimed a genuine attempt at a tackle.

It is all about the intent of the tackler, the same as a lot of facets of the game.

Dualta Duane

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 26, 2016, 09:26:58 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 25, 2016, 10:15:57 PM
Quote from: ardtole on May 25, 2016, 10:08:46 PM
Who is the new minister for sport?

DCAL doesent exist anymore, the "sport" bit of it is now dealt with by Department For Communites with Paul Givan DUP as new Minister

Better hope that no LGBT members want to use it or that bible thumper will def block it! lol

no need to bring in the LGBT and bible thumping now... he's only in post. surely he's there for everyone  :-\ although i doubt it. I can see it already 'the Ashers Bakery Stadium' lol

cfclg

Do you know what I really don't understand about Casement. Why do the GAA think they need this massive stadium??? I am envious of what Ulster rugby have, its perfect in every way (size/cost/layout). Why would our amateur association think we need something bigger than what a slick professional organisation like Ulster rugby require??

Even if we had the same setup as Ulster rugby it would rarely be filled to capacity anyway. No need for this 38K seater monstrosity that our average club player will never play in anymore because it costs too much to open the gates for a county final when 1K people show up!

GAA need to catch themselves on to be honest.