Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 16, 2015, 12:43:42 PM
Listen anyone who knows me or anyone who reads posts on here knows I want to see my county do well and I get extremely annoyed about the state were in at present.  Someone posted about there being the best talent to have came through as past few years on the county panel.  This is true with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 players.  There's nothing I want more than the county to be competitive.  Why would I make such things up?  HS I never once said that the club mate and vice captain agreed with it. They were both called and asked.  The vice captain had no problem obviously. And then the player in question was called after being told he was wanted back. And told he wasn't wanted back.  Now I no, deep down where it came from. As does eddie. As does anyone who wants to be honest.  Am over it. But this, and a few other things that all add up is a big factor in the reason the county is in the state it's in.  In my opinion.

It was DR you were having the captain/vice captain debate with. Read back over the posts.

Sleeping giant

Apologies.  You have me all flustered  :o
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

WTF u on about?

Think it's about time use all got real! If the cdall and lgiel men were all best buds would it have made a big difference yesterday? The answer is no! We've been gettin hammered by Waterford anytime we've played them for years. Same with Limerick and the rest of the top teams. And just out of interest who are the other players that aren't on the panel that should be? Winker and Eddie but after that there's not too many of better standard than what's there already.

Sleeping giant

What's carl Stewart's story MR2.   Very talented man to not have involved?   No st galls men on it I think. Open to correction.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 16, 2015, 02:10:58 PM
What's carl Stewart's story MR2.   Very talented man to not have involved?   No st galls men on it I think. Open to correction.

Jackson McGreevy was a sub yesterday. Would imagine it's too big a stretch with the commitment involved when you are married with kids.

It's a (very) young mans game.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 16, 2015, 12:43:42 PM
Listen anyone who knows me or anyone who reads posts on here knows I want to see my county do well and I get extremely annoyed about the state were in at present.  Someone posted about there being the best talent to have came through as past few years on the county panel.  This is true with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 players.  There's nothing I want more than the county to be competitive.  Why would I make such things up?  HS I never once said that the club mate and vice captain agreed with it. They were both called and asked.  The vice captain had no problem obviously. And then the player in question was called after being told he was wanted back. And told he wasn't wanted back.  Now I no, deep down where it came from. As does eddie. As does anyone who wants to be honest.  Am over it. But this, and a few other things that all add up is a big factor in the reason the county is in the state it's in.  In my opinion.

I  know eddie as well and have nothing but admiration for his talents, i wish he was playing for Antrim as hes the best forward Loughgiel have and one of the best in Antrim. Hell i wish he hurled for Dunloy! lol

But all of this is nothing to do with our senior teams currently form. I cant see any light at the end at the moment for them. Its a case of same old same old this year again sadly.
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Corrected I stand. Your right.   

bannside

Wonder what KR makes of Antrim now. Is he saying to himself (A) I think we can still be a top four team, or (B) What the hell am I doing here this is starting to go backwards at a rate of knots.

Has the KR bubble burst? And if it has how much of it is his fault and how much of it is outside his influence or control?

Sleeping giant

Id say the handful of thousands hes getting. He'll hardly loose much sleep over it.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Honestly? we dont have the players esp in the forwards. up front you have shorty and with the greatest respect to the others they havent counted at county level. Its not a club bias thing rather from watching antrim over the past few seasons hes been our stand out forward. Neill McManus has reverted between half back, midfield and the forwards alot this past while and i think hes best served as a forward for Antrim. PJ has been pretty decent as well but he can disappear in a game like against Limerick.

Good forwards make the scoring chances themselves if the teams struggling and we dont have enough of that. The other week v Laois shane McNaughton came on and ballooned 2 in a row wide that a good team would have punished. Thats the difference.
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Sure we will start into another 3 year plan, get everyone really happy and anyone who isnt on the panel automatically doesn't want to be there and has commitment issues. Right?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 16, 2015, 03:08:29 PM
Honestly? we dont have the players esp in the forwards. up front you have shorty and with the greatest respect to the others they havent counted at county level. Its not a club bias thing rather from watching antrim over the past few seasons hes been our stand out forward. Neill McManus has reverted between half back, midfield and the forwards alot this past while and i think hes best served as a forward for Antrim. PJ has been pretty decent as well but he can disappear in a game like against Limerick.

Good forwards make the scoring chances themselves if the teams struggling and we dont have enough of that. The other week v Laois shane McNaughton came on and ballooned 2 in a row wide that a good team would have punished. Thats the difference.
for me he's most dangerous in full forward.  Shane back also.  Added to shorty Clarke pj. Eddie if there.  Watson if there. ( Prob won't ever be there)  that would be pretty class to see that forward line up,  pace skill the lot. 

hurlingstick

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 16, 2015, 02:10:58 PM

Tomas O'ciaran of Naomh Gall has come on as a sub in the last 2 games.

Na Glinntí Glasa

young mc naughton from Lgiel gets abit older he will be a serious operator. Hes unreal and looks a serious talent for senior level.

Hes the sort of kid along with Christy McNaughton from Cdall  we need in our forwards. Natural scoring ability, greedy and ambitious to make their own scores yet smart enough to see movement around them.

The young lads from Rossa also look like great propects for senior level.
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Can't wait to see christy at senior level.  I do think he'll be a full forward tho.  Young mc naughton in Loughgiel is well thought of alright. One for the future.   If rossa can push on any from there success it bodes well for them as a club and hopefully Belfast and antrim hurling