Referees Course

Started by Blacksheep, January 22, 2007, 04:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacksheep

I've agree to do the referees course. Does anybody know whats involved? I have to attend a course 2 evenings and 2 full days. What happens at the end of the course? A test of some sort? Anybody any examples or past papers?
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

cavan4ever

It's hardly to hard to b worrying about past papers. 

SlimShady

Total borefest!! the 'fitness test' isnt much to worry about either me thinks!!

Lecale2

Here a copy of the latest fitness test

Referees fitness test

Whistle blowing. Short sharp blasts and long whistles will both be tested. Additional points awarded for style during this test.

Finger pointing. 4 quick forward jabs of the right index finger. Followed by one 30 second extended up wards point.

Brandishing red and yellow cards. Any referee who cannot tell the difference between red and yellow will fail. Additional points awarded for style.

Fatness test. The referee will be tested wearing an extra large O'Neill's referee's jersey. Points are deducted for any signs of slack in the jersey.

Counting. Referees will be asked to mark a booklet every time the examiner shouts point and add up the total correctly at the end of the exercise. A margin of error of plus or minus 5 is acceptable.

Shaking belly from side to side while pretending to run. This test continues throughout the full 15 minutes of the test.

Eyesight test. This no longer forms part of the referee's fitness test.

Square Ball

Lecale

if there were 10 points for each assesment how many are needed to pass? how many did you get on the last assessment?

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Carmen Stateside

If Sludden can pass it anyone can!! :P

Over the Bar

I think Fionntamnach is a ref?

Blacksheep

"Shaking belly from side to side while pretending to run."
I'm far to young to have a belly capable of this. Are there any special exercises you can do to get into the right shape? Typical GAA discriminating again younger people!
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

sureyouwill

Quote from: Blacksheep on January 23, 2007, 07:48:57 AM
"Shaking belly from side to side while pretending to run."
I'm far to young to have a belly capable of this. Are there any special exercises you can do to get into the right shape? Typical GAA discriminating again younger people!

Plenty of fish suppers, also prior to the start of any game ensure you sit in the car until both teams are fully lined out to avoid doing any unnecessary exercise.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Lecale2 on January 22, 2007, 05:01:29 PM

Thats the funnest thing ive read here for a while
LMAO!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

playwiththewind1st

Slag all yez want. Most of you haven't the balls to even try to referee & the fitness tests would kill you. It's easy to sit on some website slagging people off, bit harder when you're out in the middle.

realredhandfan

SlimShady

''the fitness tests would kill you''

Bollocks!!!!

aontroim abu

how many of you actually know what is involved in the fitness test?

Sky Blue

Quote from: Lecale2 on January 22, 2007, 05:01:29 PM

Referees fitness test

Whistle blowing. Short sharp blasts and long whistles will both be tested. Additional points awarded for style during this test.

Finger pointing. 4 quick forward jabs of the right index finger. Followed by one 30 second extended up wards point.

Brandishing red and yellow cards. Any referee who cannot tell the difference between red and yellow will fail. Additional points awarded for style.

Fatness test. The referee will be tested wearing an extra large O'Neill's referee's jersey. Points are deducted for any signs of slack in the jersey.

Counting. Referees will be asked to mark a booklet every time the examiner shouts point and add up the total correctly at the end of the exercise. A margin of error of plus or minus 5 is acceptable.

Shaking belly from side to side while pretending to run. This test continues throughout the full 15 minutes of the test.

Eyesight test. This no longer forms part of the referee's fitness test.

Brilliant!!  LOL ;D ;D ;D First laugh I've had on here for a while.