TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 12, 2021, 12:11:21 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 11, 2021, 11:00:11 PM
Dead Mans Shoes - quality. Chilling
I thought I had stumbled onto Page 1 of the Movie Recommendations thread! Agree, great show.

Dead Man's Shoes is brilliant.
Haven't watched This is England. Must try it out.

One of my older kids is now of an age to watch the Walking Dead, so I started it with him the other night. He loves it, and to be fair, the early seasons were quite good.

An Watcher

Dead Man's Shoes, 57% on Rotten Tomatoes.  Not great

J70

Anyone been watching The White Lotus?

Its on HBO. Not sure if its reached Ireland/UK, but if it does, check it out.

https://www.hbo.com/the-white-lotus

Very funny satire about rich white people and their interactions with the staff at an exclusive hotel in Hawaii.

Aussie actor, Murray Bartlett is hilarious as the brown-nosing hotel manager falling off the wagon when he scores a lost backpack full of drugs.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: J70 on August 12, 2021, 03:27:50 PM

Very funny satire about rich white people and their interactions with the staff at an exclusive hotel in Hawaii.

Aussie actor, Murray Bartlett is hilarious as the brown-nosing hotel manager falling off the wagon when he scores a lost backpack full of drugs.

Starts on Sky Atlantic on the 16th. Looking forward to it.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 12, 2021, 11:50:32 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 12, 2021, 12:11:21 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 11, 2021, 11:00:11 PM
Dead Mans Shoes - quality. Chilling
I thought I had stumbled onto Page 1 of the Movie Recommendations thread! Agree, great show.

Dead Man's Shoes is brilliant.
Haven't watched This is England. Must try it out.

One of my older kids is now of an age to watch the Walking Dead, so I started it with him the other night. He loves it, and to be fair, the early seasons were quite good.

This is England is a must. Film and spin offs. Powerful TV.

gallsman

Blow-in! Us cool kids were on about it weeks ago! Episode 4 is some of the best TV I've seen this year. Ep 5 dialled everything back down a bit before the finale.

Denn Forever

On USA5star  to nite and the next 6 weeks at 21.00, the Jesse Stone mysteries are on.    Washed up city copy who becomes chief of police in small town. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

screenexile

The White Lotus was brilliant as recommended by many before it's first class!

J70

Quote from: gallsman on August 12, 2021, 07:44:49 PM

Blow-in! Us cool kids were on about it weeks ago! Episode 4 is some of the best TV I've seen this year. Ep 5 dialled everything back down a bit before the finale.

Just saw you boys were way ahead of me on the board!

Did you like the finale?

Talk about a character going out in style! ;D

Award season should be kind to some of those actors, especially Murray Bartlett and Stiffler's Mom (can't remember the actress' name).

JoG2

Quote from: J70 on August 17, 2021, 12:49:08 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 12, 2021, 07:44:49 PM

Just saw you boys were way ahead of me on the board!

Did you like the finale?

Talk about a character going out in style! ;D

Award season should be kind to some of those actors, especially Murray Bartlett and Stiffler's Mom (can't remember the actress' name).

What a great character... Top show. Thanks Gallsman

quit yo jibbajabba

Have the White Lotus primed to go.

Watched This is England film and then the 3 mini series over last few days. Absolute quality. Had seen the film yonks ago. Far more humour than i expected among the darker moments which i did expect. A fair few characters who will live long in the memory

gallsman

Not directed at anybody, but the White Lotus definitely won't be for everyone, so don't blame me if you hate it!

I loved the way they finished it off. Right up to the point it happened, it could have been anyone. Went out with style indeed!

Main Street

White Lotus spoiled with a flourish already.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on August 17, 2021, 11:51:00 PM
It doesn't matter how many times it is said, regardless of show, there is always some tube who spoils it. "Look at me, look at me, I saw it first".

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 18, 2021, 12:00:59 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 17, 2021, 11:51:00 PM
It doesn't matter how many times it is said, regardless of show, there is always some tube who spoils it. "Look at me, look at me, I saw it first".

usually the same posters. Have raised this previously on this thread
I was glad that I watched the Sophie Toscan du PLantier documentary before it was discussed on this thread as I didn't remember all the details and it was a gripping watch. Same details were all spread across this thread the next day and would have ruined it.
Couldn't read this when Line of Duty was on
Hasta la victoria siempre