The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Even alan Green thought it was no pen!

The extra 'twist & shout' Gerrard put in made it look bad.

The Spanish defender pulled out to protect himself... Gerrard knew what he was at!

nifan

full back, look at the movement of the defender when the contact came - did he also dive - his body seems to twist and change direction as well.
Perhaps not a penalty as both men challenge for the ball, but not a dive for me.

full back

When the defenders body twists & changes direction does he fling himself to the ground with his arms outstretched & his back almost arched?
A blind man could see this is a dive by Gerrard

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Never a penalty, and a very lacklustre performance all round I thought. Liverpool almost looked complacent. Kuyt was back to himself, but really, when you finish a game with a front two of Kuyt and N'Gog, it doesn't inspire confidence.

Absolutely got out of jail, and didn't deserve to.

nifan

Quote from: full back on November 05, 2008, 09:25:28 AM
When the defenders body twists & changes direction does he fling himself to the ground with his arms outstretched & his back almost arched?
A blind man could see this is a dive by Gerrard

Is there contact - you said no, so why does the defender make it appear so.
Gerard may have thrown his arms about a bit but that doesnt mean that the contact wasnt there.

full back

You said he didnt dive nifan - he did

BTW, did Keane shag Rafa's wife?

Minder

Im getting a bit worried about Keane, he is giving us very little at the minute. Please dont anyone say he is "working his socks off", that should be a given. Hopefully when Torres comes back and he is playing up alongside him he will improve but it hasnt been great so far.

nifan

Quote from: full back on November 05, 2008, 09:46:18 AM
You said he didnt dive nifan - he did

Throwing your hands up in the air when you think youve been fouled is not a dive.
I said I didnt think it was a penalty, nor a dive.

I think we will have to agree to disagree

imtommygunn

That doesn't escape the fact he dived nifan. Yes there was contact but it's a contact sport.

Look at the head movement - looked like a sniper from the crowd hit him.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Gerard Cheated last night. Not the first time he has and wont be the last. Liverpool should have had 1 maybe 2 penalties before the dive but it still does not excuse cheating. And before I get jumped on I know he is not the only one that does it. ;)

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on November 05, 2008, 10:59:49 AM
Gerard Cheated last night. Not the first time he has and wont be the last. Liverpool should have had 1 maybe 2 penalties before the dive but it still does not excuse cheating. And before I get jumped on I know he is not the only one that does it. ;)

Gerard who?

Abble

lasts nights game was laughable from start to finish....within the first 30 seconds agger should've had a penalty for the chop down on him as he shot.....agger last night was brilliant i thought.....he was everywhere. he'll get his scoring touch back soon i'd say.
there was also the atletico handball so the fair result was at least the draw....atletico were under bombardment for 95% of this match.
referee/and his officials were a complete joke but they made the right decision in the 4th minute of injury time....the defeneder was crazy to put a tackle in on gerard, stevie flying in for the ball and both him and the ball were only going in one direction and that was for the corner....the atletico defender had no chance of getting the ball and when he knew the ball was a lost cause he clattered into stevie inside the box....that was STUPID...thats what happens...ok stevie made a slight meal of it. but it WAS A PENALTY....

looks like we're thru anyway

stevo-08

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 05, 2008, 09:40:41 AM
Never a penalty, and a very lacklustre performance all round I thought. Liverpool almost looked complacent. Kuyt was back to himself, but really, when you finish a game with a front two of Kuyt and N'Gog, it doesn't inspire confidence.

Absolutely got out of jail, and didn't deserve to.

Agree with most of that AZ, but I do think we deserved the draw. And actually if one of Keane's, Agger's (x 3) or Gerrard's efforts had gone in, I think they would have went on to win it.

Cant underestimate how important that result is - keeps the home record intact and also almost guarantees qualification to knockout stages.