The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentalman

Quote from: peterquaife on November 07, 2008, 05:09:22 PM
Quote from: bingobus on November 06, 2008, 05:04:21 PM
Quote from: peterquaife on November 06, 2008, 02:18:32 PM
was at the game on Tuesday, must say it was a very muted affair. My main worry was not so much the result or performance on the night, but the fact that Liverpool finished the match with Arbeloa, Aurelio, Lucas, Ngog, Babel and Derek Kuyt. 6 average players at best, with the exception of Aurelio, who is just pure dung....progress? I think not

time to give M O'N a shot at the title
PQ

WTF - I am amazed at this. Jesus Gill is alive and well and posting on the GAABoard as a liverpool supporter.

Today  Peterquaife - "Welcome Martin, new Liverpool manager, you have till christmas to win the league."

December 27th  - Peterquaife - "Martin, you are level with Chelsea and ahead of United but the league isn't in the bag yet. Collect your P45 at the door and move your car out of Big Sam's spot"

as much as I like Rafa, he has had 5 years and his team is still moving in the same direction as a crab. He continously over complicates and has purchased countless millions on crap.

as regards the position, the reds have been riding their luck, and a league win against chelsea, first in years is hearalded as a triumph, bollix...liverpool should be beating the likes of chelsea regularly.

christ, if i started listed the players he has purchased, it would just ruin my Friday feeling

PQ

For all the rubbish he has purchased, and he has, his transfer details are almost totally neutral when you exclude those currently in the squad i.e. he has taken in what he has spent.

Still, I wouldn't be in a hurry to renew him, at least until the end of the season, see where the club are.

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteNew Argentina boss Diego Maradona visited Melwood this afternoon for talks with Rafa Benitez and Javier Mascherano.

The trio discussed Mascherano's role for his country under the new regime - but only after Gerrard and co clamoured to shake Maradona's hand.

Benitez said: "It was difficult for me to see him because all our players were very excited about him being here.

"Two of our 'stars' came over and got his autograph. Then after, another 15 players came in saying they wanted to have a photo with him. But he was very good, nice and patient with everyone, so it was a very good experience.

"There was Gerrard, Carra, Keane, Alonso - his father played with Maradona when he was with Barcelona. Then Pepe Reina and also some young players. You could see Insua, Spearing, Flynn - all sorts of players."

The boss added: "We had a meeting to talk about the future of Mascherano with the national team and a few ideas.

"It was a very positive meeting."

One of the items sure to have been discussed was the possibility of Mascherano taking the captain's armband for his country.

Maradona has made no secret of his desire to make the Liverpool man his skipper, while Mascherano admits it would be 'an honour' to lead his nation.

However, no official announcement has yet been made.

Benitez added: "They will now meet again with Javier and it will depend on him.

"He has a fantastic mentality, a strong character and he's a good professional. If he wants he can be a fantastic captain."

Minder

I had read somewhere that Masch turned down the chance to be captain as he thinks he is too quiet on the pitch.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

Some refs in the league would disagree with that  :D

Stalin

f**k this f**king second time this year we cant watch game cos shite weather means no signal for setanta channels wtf f**k the f**k off

QuoteThe Reds XI in full is: Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Agger, Carragher, Mascherano, Gerrard, Kuyt, Benayoun, Riera, Keane. Subs: Cavalieri, Hyypia, Torres, Alonso, Babel, Insua, El Zhar.

post links in here plz
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Carmen Stateside

Half Time
liverpool 2
West brom 0

Great first half, and Robbie Keane with both goals!! ;)
Hat trick in front of the Kop would be nice now ;D

J70

If they continue to go the way they were in the last 25 minutes, they should get another two or three here. Reina was lucky with that near-post one he lost though, while there was a hint of a possible penalty when Carragher either leaned into or pushed (couldn't tell which) the WBA forward. Riera is trying to take too much out of the ball as well - he should pass or cross sooner, but I suppose if he does beat his man and get through into space, we'll all be singing his praises!

Carmen Stateside

Keane looks hungry!
Agree about Riera, a few early crosses could cause problems, although he has the beating of his man!
Aurelio impressing aswell, West Brom are poor but!

Gabriel_Hurl

Arbeloa with the 3rd with the last kick of the game

Carmen Stateside

Great finish by Arbeloa!
No hat trick for Keane but a very impressive performance by him!
Top now for another few hours!
Chelsea should see off Blackburn tomorrow.
Also good to see Hull drop points today, after Chelsea they seem like the only real challengers :)

The Real Laoislad

Why is Rafa playing Arbeloa as a defender he's obviously a striker..Thats why he is so bad at defending he isn't one  :D Great strike by him in fairness

Delighted for Keane,two great finishes,We have 3 or 4 relatively straight forward games coming hopefully the momentum will continue
I thought Rafa could have left Keane on,Kuyt just isn't ever going to be substituted is he..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

LL will be extremely proud of Arbeloa after that goal. Need to be winning these types of games by at least 3 to top up the goal difference. Looks like a 3 horse race now with Arsenal back in it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 08, 2008, 07:33:20 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2008, 07:25:55 PM

Hiya LaoisLad  :D :D :D

Still wouldn't describe him as being a "Tremendous" player like you believe he is...
Great strike all the same
You'll Never Walk Alone.