The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: Abble on November 05, 2008, 11:06:35 AM
ok stevie made a slight meal of it.

And the award for understatement of the year goes to................

Goats Do Shave

Quotelasts nights game was laughable from start to finish.... .
Good point!
Quoteagger last night was brilliant i thought.....he was everywhere.
He's a centre half; he wasn't where he was needed! – Rescuing Carra!

Quotethere was also the atletico handball so the fair result was at least the draw....
They should have had 2 peno's!

Quoteatletico were under bombardment for 95% of this match.
How many saves did Franco make? – I thought Athletico looked more dangerous – in both matches.
(Might have been different if Torres was playing!)

As for the peno, the defender pulled out, Gerrard jumped at him!

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteHow many saves did Franco make? – I thought Athletico looked more dangerous – in both matches.

Liverpool had something like 20 efforts on goal last night. Only got 5 or 6 on target or something. Others were very close though. Agger twice headed just past/over the woodwork. They dominated the game last night but like against Spurs didn't put the ball in the net.

First game Liverpool dominated the first half then Atletico the second.

QuoteThey should have had 2 peno's!

Never in a million years were those penalties despite what those senile eejits on RTE say. Carra and Masch were sliding in for tackles and the ball was blasted off them. There is no way they had any control over where the ball hit them.

corn02

Right, if we were beat last night we would still go through so it is not a massive result.

Was not a dive, was not a penalty. Of the six 'incidents' Liverpool should have had two, Madrid none. Agger was pulled back, the Madrid player played the ball with his hand. Gerrard's was not a penalty (although Rafa was probably right that if it happened in midfield you would get a freekick and noone would complain). Carragher and Mascheranos' blocks were bal lto hand.

The worrying thing for me was the fact tha Babel. Lucas and NGog were the three subs. Our squad is still a mile off Cheslea and Man Utd.

nifan

Good we move from Ngog on the line in fairness, though he should have crossed instead of shooting afterwards.

corn02

Yes he certainly should have squared it.

Btw I always stand up for Kuyt, but he had his worst game of the season last night.

GalwayBayBoy

Stalin

wow-how stoic was the woman in front of nando!
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

full back

Is that Fernando's woman beside him?
Anyone else thinks she looks like a man ???

Minder

Quote from: full back on November 05, 2008, 02:20:59 PM

Aye it must have been as they were holding hands, i would need to see her in her birthday suit before i made a full statement.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: full back on November 05, 2008, 02:20:59 PM

Doesn't look like the girl he arrived in Liverpool with. Maybe he traded her in?

lurganblue

catch yourself on lads, half of you lot would ride torres never mind the girls beside him  ::)

ps... she would get it!

full back

Quote from: lurganblue on November 05, 2008, 02:42:18 PM
catch yourself on lads, half of you lot would ride torres never mind the girls beside him  ::)

ps... she would get it!

FFS a man with Torres' money & looks ;) can do far better than that
Looks as though Fernando wouldnt want to be seen with someone better looking than himself ;)

lurganblue

if he was a bar of chocolate he would eat himself right enough

EC Unique

LIVERPOOL'S Yank owners were stunned after a shock Arab takeover collapsed.

George Gillett and Tom Hicks held secret talks with a new Middle East consortium — and were willing to sell the club for less than £500million.

Talks were so advanced that due diligence, the process of going through the Anfield accounts, took place last month.

The accounts even forecast the Kop outfit would make a projected profit of £45million by the end of this season — a claim city experts believe is totally unrealistic.

But Hicks and Gillett were left empty-handed when the Arabs dramatically walked away at the 11th hour.

The news puts the Americans under intense pressure to accept the £500m offer still on the table from Dubai International Capital, who have a long-held interest in buying the club.

Hicks and Gillett borrowed £350m from the Royal Bank of Scotland to help them buy Liverpool but that deal expires in January.

And with the bank already a major victim of the credit crunch, there is a danger the Americans will fail to get the loan deal they need to remain owners of the club.

That could let in DIC, who have pledged to invest heavily in Liverpool's new stadium, currently put on hold by the cash-strapped Yanks, and the playing squad.