Dublin GAA

Started by mournerambler, July 15, 2007, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mournerambler

Why can Dublin players take 8 steps?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Old Colm O'Rourke/John O'Driscoll trick, 4 steps into the tackle and four out. Ref in the excitement of a player heading toward goal interprets it as a bounce of a solo!

Dinny Breen

8 steps, sure that's hardly anything, Martin Lynch once took 15 against Wicklow...
#newbridgeornowhere

Armagh Exile

QuoteI counted 11

Congratulations O'Neill.  I hope you handn't to use your toes to make the 11.  You must be the first Tyrone person to be able to count more than 10.

paddypastit

O'Neill,  11 steps was it?... about the same as Mulgrew (I think, could be corrected on the player name) took before scoring the second Tyrone goal vs. Donegal, it's the same everywhere aned what goes around comes around.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Fishead_Sam

Or throw the ball like they did to score a goal against us last August, rubber gloves is how refs threat the Cash Cow.

Shamrock Shore

Cullen learned from the master - Ciaran Duff in the Leinster final agin Meath in, what, 1989 or so. Ran about 400 yards without soloing and then buried it in the back of the net.

SuperDooperCooper

It's not Cullens fault he was not pulled up, he did the right think in keeping going, it's the ref who missed the steps who was at fault.
It happened ion the club final for Oisin's equaliser when he took a similar amount of steps. Fact is very few ref's enforce the four step rule.
The other thing which gets me is the ref raising his arm to indicate a free then the play breaks down and the ball is cleared. There is no advantage in letting the play continue if there is a 20 meter free in front of the posts.

Gnevin

Sad lads , very very sad . The ref is out to gets yous ,and want to keep the dubs in in , hense why Collins blew for step and other crap non stop against offaly . Pull the other one
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: ONeill on July 15, 2007, 11:50:56 PM
I counted 11

Just like Mulligan took more than 4 to score against us 2 years ago!!!!

Star Spangler

QuoteJust like Mulligan took more than 4 to score against us 2 years ago!!!!

This goal? (I'll take any excuse to post this link!)  But I can't see where he took more than 4 steps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyeE9Xtksbc

Denn Forever

Listening to it on thre radio, one ofthe pundits said that the referee hadhis hand raised indicating that he had seen a foul on the dublin player and he allowed advantage so that Dublin duely put it in the net.  Not having seen it, comments please.  If he did allow advantage, was a good use of advantage?  What are the rules in the rule book about advantage?  Is it there advantage in GAA?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Star Spangler

That ref raises his hand to say "play on".  In other words - don't be looking for a free.  He did it throughout the game every time a player did a bit of rolling around looking for a free.

Tyrone Dreamer

Cant let you get away with lies paddypastit. Mulgrew took 5 steps maximum in his goal against Donegal. Yesterday Culllen took 11-12 steps and then did a dive forward before releasing the ball. Was quite excessive and I had quite a bearing on the match. However still think Dublin would have won and sometimes these decisions go for you.