Potential New Armagh Managers (with a bit of luck we'll need one)

Started by topgun, July 09, 2007, 06:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

We have a new Manager, a proven winner and I wish him well. after i had heard Grimley had given up the Cavan job I thought he was to be the man but it was not to be.

I am sure the players will get behind the new manager and move on. The County has a lot of talented footballers in it and we will be a force to be reckoned with next year again.

I am excited to see some new blood coming into the team, hopefully some of the younger players get to play a lot of league ball and gain some valuable experience at that level before the championship starts next year.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Uladh

Joke appointment. bargain bin decision if ever there was one. interesting to get some opinions of the harps brethren, who were round about for his miserable stint there. he was laughed out of burren.

David McKeown

Family connections aside I would rather have had Paul.  I would imagine that Paul would have had a better chance at keeping players like Mc Grane and Mc Nulty, players that I feel we still need for next year
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

charlie stubbs

Quote from: twotwocharlie on September 05, 2007, 10:48:54 PM
McDonnell will do a sound job for armagh . all armagh people should get behind him and move on.

exactly

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: David McKeown on September 06, 2007, 12:41:25 AM
Family connections aside I would rather have had Paul.  I would imagine that Paul would have had a better chance at keeping players like Mc Grane and Mc Nulty, players that I feel we still need for next year

I don't think that these players are needed at all, there are players coming through the U21s like Charlie Vernon, Finnian Morriarity etc that can take over the mantle of these players. Looking towards these players is like Galway trying to keep Padraig Joyce, great players but starting to loose their pace and authority.

Red Hurley

Grimley had a backroom of Tony Scullion,James McCartan and Aiden O Rourke lined up.Absolute disgrace he didn't get the job. Looks like Big Joe is still pulling the strings of the County Board puppets.
P.S. Why has work on the Athletic Grounds stopped again ?

armaghniac

QuoteAiden O Rourke

Who is Aiden O Rourke if you don;t mind me asking?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

Quote from: Uladh on September 05, 2007, 11:41:51 PM

Joke appointment. bargain bin decision if ever there was one. interesting to get some opinions of the harps brethren, who were round about for his miserable stint there. he was laughed out of burren.

If McDonnell walked into a packed harps club(or Abbey Park for that matter) any night, about 2 people would know who he is.  That was symptomatic of his reign, there were games when you wouldn't know he was there, he'd pace the sidelines pulling on a fag leaving everything to Benny O'Kane, the U21's seemed to have a similar approach this year.  I know a couple of the U21 lads who speak very highly of him.

Candyman

Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2007, 04:07:37 PM
Quote from: Uladh on September 05, 2007, 11:41:51 PM

If McDonnell walked into a packed harps club(or Abbey Park for that matter) any night, about 2 people would know who he is.  That was symptomatic of his reign, there were games when you wouldn't know he was there, he'd pace the sidelines pulling on a fag leaving everything to Benny O'Kane, the U21's seemed to have a similar approach this year.  I know a couple of the U21 lads who speak very highly of him.

have to agree there Benny... I dont know if his "expert" tactics were shown to us through benny O'kane but i very rarely heard him say anything of that nature!!!
Althought the man is sound as a pound....

Uladh

Candyman

orangeman

Might there be a clear out of players now ? The elderstatesmen ?

el_cuervo_fc

McGeeny is on the back page of the Irish Star givin off about the way the county board has treated Grimley.

MULLABRACK1

Quote from: Red Hurley on September 06, 2007, 02:22:27 PM
P.S. Why has work on the Athletic Grounds stopped again ?
work has stopped on the athletic grounds because the company in charge of the work has gone bankrupt!!! typical county board would rather pay someone less money and get the job done half right,the trouble is that the money was paid out in full and now the work has stopped...makes me laugh just like grimley not getting the job...does anybody believe that grimley wouldnt have left his job in cavan if he hadnt of got assurances from somewhere within the county board regarding the armagh post