Tyrone vs Armagh - 3rd June 7pm - Healy Park, Omagh.

Started by samuel maguire, May 31, 2023, 10:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 03, 2023, 09:59:26 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 03, 2023, 09:52:12 PM
He doesn't drop down on him. He does put his knees on his head when they're on the ground tho. Definite red.
What you can see clearly is Harte taking more than 4 steps. Refs need to clamp down on that or the rule needs changing as it isn't fit for purpose
Fair enough. At 1.46 on the clip it definitely looks like he dropped his knees imo.

Steps are a joke, but where do you start. If refs started being strict you wouldn't get a game finished. Most players take 5-6 at a standard every time. Makes it near impossible to properly defend against.

The other angle seems show the Tyrone player grab at the back of ONeills leg before O'Neills leg moves towards his head. After that there is a wrestle involving not just those two but others. O'Neills knees are on the fallen players head but that is not in and of itself an offence particularly if there's wrestling going on. It's far from the definite red it's being made out to be. But sure we can leave it there.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

An Watcher

Wildweasel74

Its dangerous play, you can't put u full weight down on a man head, he holding you or not. I think he could got up and left it, he was in multi players tussles in the Ulster final. Personally I blame the manager for not sorting it, but I think his, McKeever mentality part of the problem.

BrotherMore6592

The mayo / arsenal of ulster strike again.

Had it on a plate for them in the ulster final a man up in ET and completely filled them.

"This is our year "
"Geezer has it right this time"
"We've the best attacking 6 in the country"
The orange brigade in full force like Millwall.

Yawn.

4 times since 2002 lads, that's what the stars on the sleeves are in case you forgot.

Form is temporary, class is permanent

And Tyrone aren't even in the top 4 teams in the country, so god knows how your AI was gonna come this year.

square_ball

O'Neill knew what he was doing and got what he deserved.

brokencrossbar1

Between here and orchard forum 5times or gograngego as he is over there is on a massive rant.....he seems to be relatively new both forums.....

naka

What happened with the jarly og incident and the two Tyrone guys
It looked a third man tackle to take him out
Maybe I was wrong but how did Tyrone get a free from it ?

As an aside it was a horrible match,
Canavan , mc curry and murnin only ones  with pass marks

trueblue1234

Just a collision. Two Tyrone players hit each other and then Kennedy I think collided with Burns. The free was for the foul in by the sideline. Ref didn't stop for the collisions.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

5times5times

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 03, 2023, 10:43:13 PM
Between here and orchard forum 5times or gograngego as he is over there is on a massive rant.....he seems to be relatively new both forums.....

Wise up you clown. Get your head out of Geezer's backside. "Relatively new"... LOL

Here >  Date Registered : March 27, 2019
OC > Joined Aug 5, 2020

Do you think Geezer and the £££ crew deserve to stay on if we go out at PQF?

Wildweasel74

I can't work out of 5 times a down man or Armagh man, presume Down with his love of Armagh on this lol.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Typical enough Tyrone performance of the past wee while. First half was in general good and Petey Harte should have put the goal away and pretty much finished the game. After the red - and it was clearly a red - immediately after that chance Tyrone became pedestrian. I never felt there was any danger until Morgan fell on his arse at the end but second half simply not good enough. The team has gone backwards massively from 2021 but still wouldn't be sure they don't have a big performance or two in them against top opposition. Similarly, I wouldn't he hugely surprised if they lost to Westmeath.

Overall feel like I did before the game, one team who have dropped out of the elite and another who won't ever get there.

screenexile

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 03, 2023, 10:28:29 PM
The mayo / arsenal of ulster strike again.

Had it on a plate for them in the ulster final a man up in ET and completely filled them.

"This is our year "
"Geezer has it right this time"
"We've the best attacking 6 in the country"
The orange brigade in full force like Millwall.

Yawn.

4 times since 2002 lads, that's what the stars on the sleeves are in case you forgot.

Form is temporary, class is permanent

And Tyrone aren't even in the top 4 teams in the country, so god knows how your AI was gonna come this year.

Lad that "stars" nonsense is the most ridiculous thing in the GAA... Tyrone have won 4 all Irelands so they have 4 stars, should Kerry have 38 stars on their geansaí? Dublin 30? As far as I can see it's reserved for Tyrone jerseys only unless someone can show me others the same?

It's England soccer nonsense and I'd love to hear a coherent explanation as to why they're there if anyone can give one.

Orior

Believe it or not, that was my first time in Healy Park.

Armagh could have won that match. Two great goal chances and about 12 or 13 wides.

We need a couple more quality players. At the moment, Division 2 and the lower level of the Sam Maguire looks like our level.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Cunny Funt

Armagh spent their last three years in Div 1 and last year was a penalty shootout win away from reaching last 4 of the championship.  Regardless of who is manager does anyone seriously think Armagh should be doing better than that when you consider it's 2009 since Armagh won a U17/18 Ulster title.  2007 since they won Ulster U20/21 title and it's 2015 since Armagh side won the Ulster senior club championship. 

illdecide

My take on it is...The two teams are poor and Armagh just that wee bit more poor than Tyrone. O'Neill sending off was ironic giving Uncle Oisin saying during the week that he carried Armagh or to that effect. RON is a top player but sometimes (and i've seen it at club level when you don't have your county men) the team play better when the top dog is not playing as others step up. Without slaying the lad as i didn't actually see it I still think Tyrone would have beat us as we would still would have played that defensive crap with 15 on the pitch.
Turbit kicked some terrible wides, Stefan C was not in the game, BC at midfield is not the answer to our problems. I'd actually play Ethan Raf at no8/9 and play Shane McP as the goalkeeper as he played in goals at soccer and can play that role well. Defence couldn't handle McCurry at all and thought Aidan F was poor to his usual standards. All in all the better team won and we go on to play Galway as a nail bitter, sure you don't get it any other way with this Armagh team.

KMcG is bound to be feeling under pressure a bit this evening...I know if he plays all out attack and we get beat the keyboard warriors will slay him for it, if he plays defensive (which we do) he get's it too so he's damned if he does and damned if he doenst but we're not winning games so he has to try something different and shake it up a bit. If he doen't change anything nothing changes
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch