Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: An Watcher on June 03, 2023, 10:58:31 PM
1st in the Rumbelows Cup
2nd in the FA Cup
3rd in the League

It's a sign of how far they've fallen that this is seen as success

It's improvement on last season's 6th place finish with 58 points and knocked out of the two domestic cups at home in the early rounds.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

1st in the Rumbelows Cup
2nd in the FA Cup
3rd in the League

If they are so crap, how bad are the rest? Woeful season considering how city have stormed to the doors of a treble

Utd the only team to actually win something in this league that's looking like the German and French leagues
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrotherMore6592

[/quote]

It's improvement on last season's 6th place finish with 58 points and knocked out of the two domestic cups at home in the early rounds.
[/quote]

Very true , as the genius said himself :

"We have had a fantastic season, including De Gea.

"If you consider before today both City and us had 42 wins so they now have one win more. So the difference was made today. We have played a fantastic season - better than we expected. We have qualified for the Champions League, won a trophy and got to another final.

"I am really happy with the performance."

Milltown Row2

What did Arsenal win this year?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 03, 2023, 11:19:37 PM
What did Arsenal win this year?

If I were  an Arsenal fan , I'd be a lot happier  with things . Arsenal are in a  much better place right now. 

A Littlewoods cup success  where they met nobody of worth  papers  over the cracks for United . ETH has made United slightly better , but the same dross  from last year is still  there , Maguire , Martial De Gea ,  Fred, etc , along with  newer dross like Weghorst .

A major major overhaul is  still needed at OT.  It will  take at least  two seasons  to to be anywhere near competing .  There has to be a  big improvement next season for TH .  Given the amount of dead wood needing moved on , and new players joining and hitting the ground running ,  it's still a big big ask to see  that improvement happen.

Cunny Funt

Ten Hag first season with United has brought improvement and progress. It was done with a fair share of injuries, suspensions and Ronaldo with his man child antics and his replacement a former Burnley Striker brought in on loan from Turkey (in other words wasn't replaced at all)

Premier League - 3rd  and 75 points
FA Cup - finalists
League cup - winners
Europe - EL quarter finals.

62 games in total whereby some rest was got when knocked out of the Europa League.  To further this season's progress will require good in and out transfer business this summer. That's highly unlikely to happen if the Glazers remain and their business men buddies in control of transfers.

Pep Guardiola first full season with Man City

Premier League 3rd 78 points
FA Cup Semi finals
League cup 4th round
Europe - CL round of 16

Suitable signings one's that fitted into Pep's style of play were made during and after that season, the major honours followed soon after.

Klopp first full season with Liverpool

Premier League 4th 76 points
FA Cup 4th round
League cup Semi final
Europe - weren't in it

Having Michael Edwards overseeing transfers was just as important as the appointment of Klopp. Top keeper,defenders,midfielders and good goal scorers all brought in before both the Champions league and Premier league was won under his watch. The dead wood totally cleared out.

I suppose I'll throw Arteta into the mix also seeing as Arsenal finished 2nd this season.

His first full season with Arsenal

Premier League 8th 61 points
FA Cup 4th
League cup quarter finalists
Europe - EL semi finalists

One Trophy (FA Cup 2020) he's won since becoming Arsenal manager.   Is it possible to improve on their league season next year? more likely to regress would be the general opinion.

From the Bunker

One thing I noticed today was the United players who put the Runners-up medals around their necks.
These players showed they are not mentally or emotionally good enough for United.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 04, 2023, 12:17:15 AM
One thing I noticed today was the United players who put the Runners-up medals around their necks.
These players showed they are not mentally or emotionally good enough for United.

Will we put photos of teams that have runners up medals on and call them mentally and emotionally not good enough?

Mourne Red

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 04, 2023, 12:17:15 AM

Don't look back at the photos of Uniteds 09 UCL final boss.. You'll be looking very silly

J70

1st in the Rumbelows Cup
2nd in the FA Cup
3rd in the League

No team stays on top indefinitely. City will experience bumps in the road too when Pep leaves. Who would have predicted the season Chelsea just had? The lost decade Milan had? The mess Barca got into? The money will insulate City somewhat, but it doesn't guarantee anything, at least at the level Pep delivers.

I'd be very pleased with Ten Haag if I was a United fan. You have to start from where you're at and, to me anyway, he's putting in solid foundations. Doesn't mean he'll win a league title given what he's up against (Klopp has performed miracles and still only got one), but if in a year or two he gets them challenging and in a position to win if City do have an off-season or Pep leaves would have to be seen as a success, if he can achieve that.

GJL

Zlatan has announced his retirement. What a player. One of a kind. 

BrotherMore6592

Legend

One of the few highlights since fergie left

It'll not be long to arsenal, United and Liverpool start a reeling back the years show with Man City set to be come the new Bayern Munich

NAG1

A lot of noise coming from the Qatari's last night seemingly confident that they have the deal done.

Who would know though in this never ending shambles of a process.

seafoid

Quote from: NAG1 on June 13, 2023, 09:14:18 AM
A lot of noise coming from the Qatari's last night seemingly confident that they have the deal done.

Who would know though in this never ending shambles of a process.
It's weird that there is no European money involved. Maybe people think the prices are nuts.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU