Laois
Wexford

Pot 4:

Leitrim
Carlow
Waterford
London

Laoiseabu

Looking at the way the Tailteann Cup is shaping up I think the winner will come from either Cavan, Down , Fermanagh or Meath . I'd probably give Limerick and Offaly a slim outside chance of winning it after that

marty34

Quote from: Laoiseabu on May 01, 2023, 02:15:37 PM
Pot 1 :

Meath
Cavan
Fermanagh
Limerick

Pot 2 :

Down
Offaly
Antrim
Wicklow

Pot 3:

Longford
Tipperary
Laois
Wexford

Pot 4:

Leitrim
Carlow
Waterford
London

Do NY not compete in the Tailteann Cup?

imtommygunn

They go into a knockout game - a preliminary quarter final or something like that.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 01, 2023, 02:21:20 PM
They go into a knockout game - a preliminary quarter final or something like that.

Ok, thanks.

yellowcard

Quote from: Laoiseabu on May 01, 2023, 02:18:52 PM
Looking at the way the Tailteann Cup is shaping up I think the winner will come from either Cavan, Down , Fermanagh or Meath . I'd probably give Limerick and Offaly a slim outside chance of winning it after that

Hard to argue with that, I can't see the winner coming from outside those 6 sides. If the semi finals are in Croke Park again this year it gives all of these teams something to target.

Blowitupref

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 01, 2023, 02:21:20 PM

Yes New York will enter the competition at the preliminary quarter final stage and play against one of the second placed teams from the group stage. The worst placed 3rd placed team in the four groups misses out for New York.

First placed team will have home venue for the Quarter final

2nd placed team will have a home venue for preliminary quarter finals.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

snoopdog

It's a bit crap that a team misses out to allow new york play 1 game.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Tailteann Cup Draw 2023

The Tailteann Cup draw took place on Tuesday afternoon.
There should be no shortage of drama with a number of interesting groups with action set to commence on May 13/14.

Last year's runners-up Cavan are drawn in Group 1 with Offaly, Laois, and London.

In Group 2 Meath, Down, Tipperary, and Waterford will be eager to make an impact.

It promises to be competitive in Group 3 with Limerick, Wicklow, Longford, and Carlow involved.

Fermanagh, Antrim, Wexford, and Leitrim will all believe that they can progress from Group 4.

New York will join the competition at the preliminary quarter-final stage.

Group 1: Cavan, Offaly, Laois, London

Group 2: Meath, Down, Tipperary, Waterford

Group 3: Limerick, Wicklow, Longford, Carlow

Group 4: Fermanagh, Antrim, Wexford, Leitrim
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

High Fielder

Can we not just start the club championship instead? Sorry, I just have no appetite for this

Joeythelips

Quote from: High Fielder on May 02, 2023, 02:22:35 PM
Can we not just start the club championship instead? Sorry, I just have no appetite for this

Sadly I dont think we will be in it for long.

Spiritof86

Quote from: High Fielder on May 02, 2023, 02:22:35 PM

I would get used to this . It's the future .

Butch Cassidy

Why would there be no appetite? We've no chance winning Sam (same as most counties) so why not be in a competition where they have a chance? The Offaly game should have a big interest if the marketed properly.

High Fielder

Don't mean to offend anyone and probably shouldn't have posted that. Good luck to the lads as always, but I have zero interest. Not even getting into what chance we may or may not have. Laois GAA is painful at the minute

Eire90

could they have had one group with 5 teams instead of giving new york a bye  or the worst 3rd place team has  a playoff with new york suppose if u are the worse third place team you got yourself to blame.