Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: An Watcher on July 01, 2023, 07:31:37 AM
Boys this whole league has gone to $hit.  The money has gone to a new level again.  Love to see the whole thing crash

Football  needs a big economic crash  to sort  it out. It's gotten ridiculous.  I mean Declan Rice £105m? De Gea on   375k a week?  It's  madness

Bring me back to  the days of  Saint and greavsie  where 99% of players were  from Britain  or Ireland (with the  odd scandanavian thrown in) , and you could pronounce their  names , and ordinary folk could afford  to go to games

seafoid

It's neoliberalism. It is unstoppable until it blows up

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on July 01, 2023, 10:47:59 AM
It's neoliberalism. It is unstoppable until it blows up

Oh neoliberalism, I've missed you!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 01, 2023, 10:06:42 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2023, 08:41:33 AM
The Saudi league will surely impact it??
How much money do those bastards have? 100's of millions being thrown at average players now. Unreal
Their money flows out of the ground every minute. No work required on their part.

Eire90

i dont have any smypathy for european  teams moaning about saudi money european clubs raided south ameican clubs for years and destroyed club football in south america before that the best teams in south america were probably just as good as the european clubs.

johnnycool

Quote from: Eire90 on July 04, 2023, 05:04:56 PM
i dont have any smypathy for european  teams moaning about saudi money european clubs raided south ameican clubs for years and destroyed club football in south america before that the best teams in south america were probably just as good as the european clubs.

Exactly this.

Suck it up European peeps...

Great time to be a footballer though, even average enough lads (all relative) will be pulling in some dough which is better than lads knocking their balls out for years in the hope that a testimonial game raises enough money for them to buy a pub or the likes.

shark

Are European clubs moaning? Saudis pumping more liquidity in to their system , while taking mostly aging players. Chelsea's rebuild would not be possible without the Saudi league buying all their unwanted players for crazy sums.

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 01, 2023, 10:06:42 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2023, 08:41:33 AM
The Saudi league will surely impact it??
How much money do those bastards have? 100's of millions being thrown at average players now. Unreal

The Saudi's are going to distort wages and transfer fees across Europe. They have Trillions of dollars to throw at this. Who can blame players taking the money?

Cavan19

Quote from: shark on July 04, 2023, 05:11:13 PM
Are European clubs moaning? Saudis pumping more liquidity in to their system , while taking mostly aging players. Chelsea's rebuild would not be possible without the Saudi league buying all their unwanted players for crazy sums.

That is very dodgy dealing the Chelsea owner has links to some of these funders apparently.

Captain Obvious

Just three of the Chelsea 2021 Champions league winning team remain at the club.

J70

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 05, 2023, 10:21:33 PM
Just three of the Chelsea 2021 Champions league winning team remain at the club.

In just two years!

How long more will Thiago Silva be there?

ONeill

Crazy money for Rice but for one English club to buy an English International from another English club is not a normal market.
Although Mason Mount looking like a bargain now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

NAG1

Seems to be the more the press talk about them the higher the price goes. Rice is flavour of the month at the moment, maybe I'm wrong but I don't see it and definitely don't see it to £100m level.

The market is crazy but I think West Ham have come out of this deal on the right side.

mrdeeds

The Gary Neville interview Dele Alli is a powerful and tough interview. Suppose I was one to judge his lifestyle and fall off in form without knowing what has happened to him.

Kidder81

Mendy found not guilty of rape