Official Laois County Board Website

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 12, 2020, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on February 08, 2023, 04:34:51 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 02, 2023, 09:39:16 AM
I don't have any insight into why this didn't happen.... But I can't imagine the GAA wouldn't have been reasonable in this matter.
Nothing to be gained from being otherwise.

The LGFA nationally have a reputation for being difficult & unreasonable. I have no idea if that extends to this situation, but I wouldn't be jumping to dump the blame at the feet of Laois GAA.

They do? I would always have seen them as far more progressive, inclusive and player focused than the GAA.

Ever spoken to anybody with any knowledge of the attempts to unite the LGFA, GAA & Camogie associations?

Ever spoken to anybody in the Camogie association who have tried to come to a common arrangement Re fixtures involving the same players?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laois Rising

I don't have any insight into why this didn't happen.... But I can't imagine the GAA wouldn't have been reasonable in this matter.

The LGFA nationally have a reputation for being difficult & unreasonable. I have no idea if that extends to this situation, but I wouldn't be jumping to dump the blame at the feet of Laois GAA.

A very disappointing comment made here by Keyser Soze. From stating "I don't have any insight" but still well able to label an organisation making great strides as "difficult and unreasonable".     

clonadmad

Quote from: Laois Rising on February 09, 2023, 03:12:28 PM

A very disappointing comment made here by Keyser Soze. From stating "I don't have any insight" but still well able to label an organisation making great strides as "difficult and unreasonable".   

Can you explain to me why a girl playing Ladies football pays 3 times on average what her brother of a similar age would pay for membership?

Blow-in

The Laois Ladies County Board are horrific and cause the majority of their own issues

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Laois Rising on February 09, 2023, 03:12:28 PM

You are deliberately combining two different statements into one.

Statement 1 summarized- I don't have any insight into who this didn't happen (I don't think anybody here has any details Re demands/expectations/requests from either side- open to correction)
I can't imagine Laois GAA had any interest in being overly difficult in this matter. That has been my experience in matters like this.

Statement 2 summarized- Both the GAA and the Camogie association have found the LGFA incredibly difficult to deal with over many years & many matters. Go figure!

Therefore, I qualified my opinion by saying I don't know the "ins & outs", but my experiences would lean towards the LGFA being difficult.
They have been deliberately difficult nationally (I did say nationally) when it has come to accommodating dual players & were an absolute joke at important stages of talks aimed towards merging the GAA, Camogie & LGFA.

I stand over what I wrote. Posters had immediately assumed Laois GAA were wrong in some way.
Again, I wouldn't be jumping to blame Laois GAA.
They could be to blame for this.
I don't any of us know the full story?
If the details energe and they are, absolutely call them out!

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Blow-in

I'm told the idea of a double header was never discussed and the Leinster Express ran with an article off their own back.

The PRO

Still no club fixtures on the official website.

Spiritof86

Quote from: The PRO on February 16, 2023, 12:48:33 PM
Still no club fixtures on the official website.

I'll try and contain my amazement.

High Fielder

Have they anyone employed to do these sort of tasks? General admin like. I mean there's a website there, functional and aesthetically not the worst, and not a crater amongst them to upload fixtures or f**k all. This is dark ages stuff. Another area to offload some of that extra cash

Ballybrittas Boy

Fixtures are up now.
Not a lot else though - the last news item is over a year old.

Zooming around

I see online where Laois GAA are looking to appoint a Head of Games Development. I heard today that Andrew Kavanagh might be coming back. This is a massive appointment and one that the County Board must get right.

Mad Mentor

Andrew would be a great person to have in the role.

Spiritof86

Very encouraging to hear that . It would be an ideal role for Andrew Kavanagh . Really felt more could have been done in 2019 to keep him involved.

Mad Mentor

I just had a quick peek at the website and it seems to have had quite a major overhaul. Upcoming fixtures clearly laid out and covering everything from senior intercounty through ladies football to schools competitions. Quite a comprehensive results archive as well - going back to 2017.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Mad Mentor on January 03, 2024, 01:26:29 AMI just had a quick peek at the website and it seems to have had quite a major overhaul. Upcoming fixtures clearly laid out and covering everything from senior intercounty through ladies football to schools competitions. Quite a comprehensive results archive as well - going back to 2017.

Just saw that, It's a major improvement on the old one, well done to whoever revamped it..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!